Weight loss with Organic Food

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
Paul077

Weight loss with Organic Food

Post by Paul077 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:41 pm

SPAM DELETED

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Mon May 07, 2012 3:10 pm

I would like to think this is true. We try to buy organic produce to use in our juicer. Recently, we have been shopping at Whole Foods and trying to buy organic whever possible. Organic is getting more readily available, which is good. It is probable that a key reason people are overweight because of the GMO that we consume at every turn.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

germanherman

Post by germanherman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 am

Penn and Teller did one episode of their "Bull****" about organic food.

It was clearly overplayed in some regards, but the message counts.
Spend over 450 Dollar on some Systems, Gadgets and courses = Zero Results

Spend 15 Bucks for a Shovelglove + NoS-Diet= ;)

German by nature

JayEll

Post by JayEll » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 am

Buying organic is good for so many reasons, but in my experience it doesn't automatically lead to weight loss. You can eat too much of anything.

germanherman

Post by germanherman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:57 pm

JayEll wrote:Buying organic is good for so many reasons,...
I'm curious: What are the good reasons to buy organic?

For six months i tested an all organic, whole diet and i can say: It didn't change anything: My health didn't improve, it didn't change my normal weightloss pace or anything else.

All it did, was taking a good chunk of money out of my pockets.

That's one thing i love about the nosdiet: It let you realize, that there is no magic food. Everything is solved by moderation.

I was into the "paleo"-diet for quite a some time and even if it is sound in some points, it still is what i call an "overcompensating"-diet. You look at the standard-american-diet (SAD) and you see an overwhelming amount of "bad" food (high-fat, trans-fat, highly processed food, sugar etc) and therefore too little of the "good" stuff ( natural beef, veggies, fruits etc).

The reaction of paleo is to cut out everything "bad" and only eat "good".

At first this looks perfectly logic and fine, but why is there no middle ground?

Why can't i just eat less of the "bad" and more of the "good".

Yes sometimes i eat a pizza for dinner, or get my lunch at the local fast-food-stop (and it is not salad ;)), even under the week but most of my meals are handmade and healthy. It is all about moderation. My body can handle a little "bad" and i can enjoy every kind of tasty food, without any guilt.

I trust my old flesh enough to handle nearly everything, if i give it in the right dosis. Too much of anything is not healthy.

German by nature

JayEll

Post by JayEll » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 pm

germanherman:

Organic foods are produced without artificial chemically synthesized fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides. In this way the groundwater is protected from contamination by these chemicals, and runoff pollution is not as bad a problem as with conventional methods. In addition, we are not eating these artificial chemicals.

Sustainable agricultural methods that use organic inputs and crop rotation instead of chemically synthesized or extracted fertilizers allow land to remain productive for much longer.

I am willing to pay more to show support to organic farmers. If enough people bought organic, the prices would come down. But people think it's better to buy something at $1 a pound compared to $2 a pound. As though they don't waste that much and more every day. Americans are especially spoiled this way--we expect food to be cheap and perfect and always available.

germanherman

Post by germanherman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:12 am

JayEll wrote:germanherman:

Organic foods are produced without artificial chemically synthesized fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides.
The so called "natural" pesticides used by organic farmers in many cases arent't less toxic. In many cases the "artificial chemically synthesized"- stuff is the healthier alternative, because it is optimizied to be less harmful.
JayEll wrote:In this way the groundwater is protected from contamination by these chemicals, and runoff pollution is not as bad a problem as with conventional methods. In addition, we are not eating these artificial chemicals.
I love eating artificial chemicals. As a matter of fact some of them are tasting really good. So the question is, are they harmful? And that is a complex topic, i got no expertise with, but i trust most studies saying they are not.
JayEll wrote:Sustainable agricultural methods that use organic inputs and crop rotation instead of chemically synthesized or extracted fertilizers allow land to remain productive for much longer.
Maybe or maybe not. But it sure as hell reduces the output of a land. So i need more land to deliver the same amount of food. The late Norman Borlaug once stated, that organic farming could at most feed 4 billion people worldwide, and needed to be optimized with the means of chemistry, biology and technology to feed everybody.
JayEll wrote:I am willing to pay more to show support to organic farmers. If enough people bought organic, the prices would come down.
The price ain't my problem, i pay more with a smile, if the product got any additional benefits. But i can't really see them for organic food.
JayEll wrote: But people think it's better to buy something at $1 a pound compared to $2 a pound. As though they don't waste that much and more every day. Americans are especially spoiled this way--we expect food to be cheap and perfect and always available.
That is a point i agree with: Most people are cheapskates when it comes to food.

So i believe we can further agree, that we got different views on organic food and that we probably won't come to terms about it ;).

For me that is perfectly fine.

German by nature

JayEll

Post by JayEll » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:46 am

I dunno, germanherman, if you're firmly against something, why ask the question about its benefits?

You don't provide any examples of these safer artificially manufactured pesticides. You don't provide any references about how eating a pesticide or other synthetic chemical used in food production is just fine. Many chemicals have been tested, but no one suggests that eating pesticides is OK.

As for productivity of the land, you can get a lot of production out of a plot of land using artificial fertilizers--for awhile. And then the production starts to decline, even if you add more and more fertilizer. See this site as a starting point:

http://www.theglobaleducationproject.or ... d-soil.php

Sustainable agriculture is about keeping production relatively high indefinitely, not about having a big crop for 5 years.

I choose organic because I like the ideas behind it. You may of course do whatever you wish.

ahen23

Organic food and weight loss

Post by ahen23 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:35 am

I read two interesting articles on organic food and its relation to weight loss. One was published in Huffington Post titled, “Why I Recommend Organic Foods To My Weight Loss Patients†by Dr. John Salerno, and the other “Lost Weight and Get Lean Organically†in Fitbie.

Like to hear others opinion on these.
:)
I am a health conscious mother of two. Having tried general motors diet and 21 days diet plan, I am now looking for new ideas and tips to stay healthy.

kevincook

Natural foods

Post by kevincook » Wed May 16, 2018 11:58 am

Really natural foods gives the good strength and energy to the body. Organic foods item will surely increasing the power of the body level. Try to add more fresh natural vegetables and fruits in the daily food diets. I hope several men are suffering from men health issue, it is the solution for men health issue.

lesathomas

Post by lesathomas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:05 am

I believe the natural foods so much good for the body. No chemicals or toxic ingredients in it. People can add fresh fruits and vegetables in their daily food diets. Live a healthy and blessed life.

bluemoon

Post by bluemoon » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Getting proper and trusted organic food is really difficult these days.

Robertparker

Post by Robertparker » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:54 am

There are many factors which may lead to decrease your weight. Nowadays, we found plenty of inorganic foods and other necessary things which can be dangerous to our health. We should be aware of that and always try to concentrate on organic foods or prevent fast food. It will definitely help you in weight loss treatment. People also suffer from extreme body pain just because of unhealthy food.
Last edited by Robertparker on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 pm

https://www.newsweek.com/campaign-organ ... cam-785493

Whenever someone starts with the "it's full of chemicals!" argument I take it with a huge grain of sodium chloride and wash it down with a big glass of dihydrogen monoxide.

alessiomarkz

Post by alessiomarkz » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:00 pm

JayEll wrote:germanherman:

Organic foods are produced without artificial chemically synthesized fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides. In this way the groundwater is protected from contamination by these chemicals, and runoff pollution is not as bad a problem as with conventional methods. In addition, we are not eating these artificial chemicals. see full extenze reviews here

Sustainable agricultural methods that use organic inputs and crop rotation instead of chemically synthesized or extracted fertilizers allow land to remain productive for much longer.

I am willing to pay more to show support to organic farmers. If enough people bought organic, the prices would come down. But people think it's better to buy something at $1 a pound compared to $2 a pound. As though they don't waste that much and more every day. Americans are especially spoiled this way--we expect food to be cheap and perfect and always available.
All of those structure are not marking the scene due to those unpredictable activities :twisted: :twisted: