3 weeks

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

on my way

3 weeks

Post by on my way » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:26 am

:P Little over 3 weeks and doing good !! Who would of ever thought, Gina could go this far ?? Not I. I think this is my new life syle . Now , I have to work on the exercise part that I've got this part down. Over the years I've spent thousands of dollars on exercise equipment. I know walking is easy and cheap, but my feet are not that good. I have neuropathy. I can do some walking, depends on weather and the shoes also. I HATE doing it alone and who has the time?? I have joined clubs, hated it. Went to water exercise classes, but the timing was not good. Tried at home but I have MANY excuses for that one. I have many exercise tapes, a nice collection, some not even opened!!! (most of them). So... What's going to motivate me????
EVERYDAY IS A NEW DAY
GINA

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:31 am

I love Yoga Gina!
It's like nothing else!!!...
Maybe you would enjoy it too... :)

Shovelglove is really fun too! Give that a whirl! Just make sure you get a sledge which is the right weight and not to heavy..

If the neuropathy is from a dropped transverse arch in your foot, you can get that back by doing "doming" exercises for your foot..
Feel free to email me at my address and I'll describe how to do this..
Also, you could consult an orthopedist, and maybe get some orthotics..

Good luck! I'm sure something will come to you :)
Congrats on your wonderful three weeks!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:49 pm

Congratulations on making it to the magic 21 days, Gina.

My advice on the exercise front is: don't be overambitious. Commit to a small amount of time every N-day, but really, really do it.

If shovelglove is not for you, set a timer for 14 minutes and do something else. You'd be amazed at the workout you can get in just 14 minutes of nonstop pushups/situps/jumping jacks/squats/crazy yoga moves. Don't worry too much about about boring. 14 minutes isn't long enough to get bored. Just start with 14 minutes of anything. You don't have to wait for the perfect exercise to start. You can change what you do for those 14 minutes as you discover new things. The hard part, the important part, is the temporal comitment. And there is no reason not to make that now.

People make lack of time an excuse, but it doesn't have to be. It really doesn't take much.

And take Deb's advice about the orthotics. Walking is so important. It's worth the investment.

Reinhard

Kevin

go Gina!

Post by Kevin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:59 pm

Congratulations on making it a habit. It might be a good time, as you suggest, to start another one, like exercise.

Being a devotee of bodyweight exercises and SG, I suggest you try SG, but start with a broom handle or something equally easy to move. SG is addicting, fun, silly, and will definitely give you a workout.

Best regards!

You'll be suprised what you can work up to in six months, how strong and able feeling you'll be. Do it!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."