Kcin's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kcin49

Kcin's daily check in

Post by kcin49 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:37 am

Hope I'm posting to the right area. Not very good at this.
I have been checking out the No-S website for a few months, and trialling the No-S days occasionally, to see how it works for me. I decided that 9 January was serious No-S beginnings and am now on day 11 and going reasonably well. It's not easy though, but no harder than the million other diets I've tried and I feel already that this is a lifestyle choice for me, which I can stick to. It's great not to have to suffer the guilt associated with 'cheating' on other diets.
I've been walking approx 40 mins 5-6 days a week for a while now (except over the Christmas/NewYear break). Haven't felt any difference, but have lost a kilo. (If you find it - I don't want it back!!!!)
I'll try to do a daily post from now on, but so far, day 11 is a Success!
NikC

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:18 am

Good on ya Nick!
I love Ozzies...LOL~

You can do this... and it's way better than any other diet...
It's just a bit on the slow and steady side, and you must be really patient and diligent...
It's worth it though, because you really feel good when you know you are able to eat normally and not gain, and (of course) slowly lose weight too..

Peace,
8) Deb