Australia Day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Big Phil

Australia Day

Post by Big Phil » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:49 am

The 26th of January is Australia Day. This is officially an S day for me and invite you all to honour me by enjoying it too! Is this evil temptation - I don't know :twisted: , but why wouldn't you want to celebrate Australia.

Personally, I am going to barbecue and eat a whole heap of lamb, drink a lot of beer and probably get sunburnt sitting in the kids pool while I sober up - RIGHT ON! :lol:

Phil.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:54 am

Sounds absolutely marvellous - if South Africa was not so far I would join you in your pool.

Enjoy celebrating your country.

Special reason S days are great things - Enjoy it.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:59 pm

Flatout Phil mate!!!
I'll be playing Waltzing Mathilda on my didgeridoo and jumping like a kangaroo in your Ozzie honor!!!

Enjoy!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

navin

Post by navin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:00 am

I don't know Twisted Evil , but why wouldn't you want to celebrate Australia.
Got nothing against Australia. I'd like to visit it sometime, actually, though driving on the "wrong" side of the road might take some getting used to. :)

I have to draw the line at celebrating other country's holidays as S days though. The problem is, of course, then I'd have to make Canada day, Cinco de Mayo, Bastille Day, etc. all S days along with Independence day... and the result would be my belly being the shape of a globe.
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:47 am

Enjoy Australia Day in celebrating your great country. Best regards, Bob
Health Is The Greatest Wealth

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:48 am

We vicariously (and somewhat belatedly, sorry) lift our cups and enjoy those great big patriotic slabs of meat. My (German) dad learned his English in Australia, so I wouldn't have had to fish to far for an excuse to take it beyond vicarious... good thing I didn't see this post till today.

Reinhard

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:39 pm

Ahhhh, that's why I had that extra piece of bread last night...Aussie Day!!!

I'm with Nathan here. If I let myself, I'd celebrate my best friend's 2nd cousin's 3 wedding anniversary.

But, I hope you had a smashing day.

G'Day, Mate.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:51 pm

Well, I hope you had a great day! I did not have an S day on that day, but we did "kind of" celebrate- I got a new Wiggles DVD for my kids! Does that count?
Beth
Mom to Nathan and Jessica, born 04/20/2004