My Final Declaration....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

My Final Declaration....

Post by xJocelynx87 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:42 am

I've been losing weight via my own methods for the last two years, but my way is no longer serving me and I have started overeating and have gained back about 5lbs (from 138 @ 5'7.5). I consider 138 to be my 'happy weight', but while I was there I don't think my relationship with food was normal (I'd eat very little just so I could make room for unhealthy portions of dessert, etc.) I have started and re-started No-S countless times, only to fail and wish like hell I had stuck with it, if only for the peace of mind that it provides. My birthday is coming up soon, as are the holidays, and I really don't want to go into this time of year obsessing about food and my weight (as that is sure to make the pounds creep on).

I am looking into the reasons I have been overeating and I think it may be a combination of things (I just graduated from college and absolutely HATE my job, my relationship is hanging by a thread, I just moved back in with my parents and don't have many friends in the area, etc.) So, coupled with No-S I am hoping to relieve some of this stress by running for 30 minutes every N-day (something I do 3-4x per week already) and also working to alleviate some of these outside issues so I don't end up stuffing them down with food. No matter what I do, I ALWAYS end up wishing I had just stuck with this plan...so this time, I'm going to.

Here's to a successful (first) week...

Jocelyn

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:21 am

sounds like you are going through lots of transition and I know that this diet will be perfect for you. for one thing it won't take anything from you like planning and counting calories etc. It also does not really let you emotionally eat which I know can be a problem with me. Good luck to you girl.

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:25 am

Here's hoping it goes really great for you. In the midst of all that transition and potentially difficult circumstances, I think NoS will provide a stability and structure in at least one area, and that probably will leak over into the other areas. Wishing you the best!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:12 am

Keep coming back to that thought: I always wish I'd stuck with this plan. All of your issues can be tough, but you will be okay without eating over them.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

BrightAngel

Re: My Final Declaration....

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:41 pm

xJocelynx87 wrote:Here's to a successful (first) week...
Good Luck, Jocelyn. Image
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

NoSnacker

Re: My Final Declaration....

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:20 pm

xJocelynx87 wrote: No matter what I do, I ALWAYS end up wishing I had just stuck with this plan...so this time, I'm going to.

Here's to a successful (first) week...

Jocelyn
You surely know something is good if it keeps calling you back..like quitting smoking..some people quit at least 10 times before they finally succeed...

Hope your week was a success.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

xJocelynx87

Post by xJocelynx87 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:51 am

My first week was not great...but I'm back on the wagon as of tomorrow, 9/22.