Another newbie

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JudyPatooty

Another newbie

Post by JudyPatooty » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi all,

I thought I'd say hello since I started on the No S diet on Thursday. No "waiting till Monday" for me. :D

I'm 52, 5' 6", and currently weigh in the vicinity of 230 lbs. That's about 45 lbs. below my all-time high weight. I've done just about every diet under the sun over the years and all that happened was that I yo-yo'd my weight up the scale. It wasn't until I stopped dieting that the weight began to come off.

I came across the No S Diet this week and reading about it was a breath of fresh air. The way of eating it describes is exactly how I ate growing up. When, come to think of it, I was a healthy, normal weight.

I am hopeful that my weight will continue heading back towards that lower number as I strengthen my healthy habits.

Judy

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Welcome to No S!!!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2
72 lbs lost in 19 wks 5' 6.5" 31 years old BMI 23.1
counting bites go to: countyourbites . blogspot . com

Lily x

Post by Lily x » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi Judy! I'm a newbie too and like you, I decided not to wait for Monday either and started on Friday. Course, the instant advantage of that is that I got two S-days pretty much straight off. :D

I have to say I'm loving it so far - and can't believe I've never stumbled across this 'diet' before (I thought I'd tried just about everything!). It makes such perfect sense, and actually, when I think about it, the one time in my life when my weight was low and stable was when I was eating (yes, you've guessed it) three meals a day and very few snacks, if any.

I don't care if it takes a while to lose the pounds. I guess I weigh about 210 lbs at the moment but I haven't got on the scales, cos what's the point? My clothes will soon tell me when I've lost some weight. :)

Well done on getting started. I've got a feeling neither of us are going to regret this...

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Welcome!

Post by Sweetness » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Welcome to "No S"
I'm pretty new too. I just made it to day 22 (with no failures).
You are right, it is a breath of fresh air.
I have such hope and confidence that this is the answer for me and my DH, and for you as well.
You might want to start a daily check in, and check out the HabitCal, that's been helpful for me.
:P
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Welcome Judy. Your numbers are similar to mine and I have had great success after close to 9 months. (I weigh monthly and hope to hit 40 lbs lost on my weigh in on 9-20.). I am 55....5'6"....with a starting goal of 70 lbs to get me to a normal BMI.

I wish you the success I have found!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

JudyPatooty

Post by JudyPatooty » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

determined

Post by determined » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Welcome Judy!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh