Problem?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Morningglori0821

Problem?

Post by Morningglori0821 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:48 am

Ok so I've been on NoS for a month and I don't feel like I've gotten anywhere. My clothes feel the same and when I weighed, it wasn't a pretty picture. My only mistake is that I should've weighed before I started the program. The last time I weighed was 3 or 4 months ago and the scale shows that I've gained 10 pounds since then. That doesnt make sense cuz I haven't eaten that many calories. I haven't had a fail the whole time so I'm just confused and frustrated. :cry:

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 am

Don't get frustrated! Weight loss is slower for most people on No-S than on other weight loss programs. Now that you've weighed yourself, wait and see what your progress is in another month or so.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Dude that sucks. What about trying the weigh yourself for three days idea from the NoS book and see if it may just have been a bad day? I just re-read that last night...

Hope you'll be okay :?

ALSO maybe you weighed more then you thought in the beginning?
Kindness is the only way.

determined

Post by determined » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:33 pm

I've been there!! I'm so very sorry you're frustrated. That's an awful place to be. I started this NoS adventure a few years ago....and I actually was quite successful. Then I gave up. I tried again for a few weeks & felt as if I wasn't making any progress...yup...I gave up again. I could just kick myself! I've been on track again for the last 12 weeks & FINALLY feel as if I'm "getting it". My cholesterol is down...my blood pressure is down...my triglycerides are down...my weight is down...and my obsession with dieting and weightloss is absolutely down. BUT, I almost gave up again after a month because I didn't see progress. I ALMOST missed out on giving this way of eating another chance. So don't give up!!! Progress may seem agonizingly slow....or even non-existent, but don't give up. You aren't just trying to lose weight here but you are learning to maintain before you even see results. That's one of the unique things about this plan. It's HARD in the beginning when it seems as if this is working for everyone else, but not you. But sticking with it carries a huge reward. I know I've only been doing this for 12 weeks, but this time around I can truly see my life changing for the better as a result of getting a grip on this cycle of gaining & losing & counting calories & squeezing into clothes & counting more calories.

Sorry...that's more than 2 cents worth of reply, but when I read your words I immediately thought of my journey through this too. Don't give up...read the book again....think it through....and stay with this...it'll be worth it.

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Morningglori0821

Post by Morningglori0821 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks so much everyone. I'm not going to give up and see what happens. I'll try not to let my emotions get the best of me because that's when I start to eat bad and I definitely don't want to go backwards.

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Nobody gained this weight in three days (or a single month.)

Why would we imagine that we could erase it in that period of time?

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:01 am

Hi..I think giving No S a chance and in time the scale with move downward. Even though we all want to lose weight it is best to not focus on the number, truly.

Use that number as a starting weight and forget it..I'm challenging myself to stay off the scale as much as possible for now..

Everyone says on here, in time good habits form and the amount of food tapers off and weekends become more normal..that is what I'm banking on.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Morningglori0821

Post by Morningglori0821 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:38 pm

I think I know what my deal is. Before NoS I was on a very strict diet for about 8 months to lose my baby weight. Now that I'm back to normal eating, I guess my body was used to the fewer calories that I was actually overfeeding what it was used to. Hopefully I'm thinking my body will adjust to regular eating and then I'll start losing again.

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:22 pm

your last post says a lot. If you were in a strict diet and now are doing no s I can see where there might be a problem. Not sure the weight you are or want to be but when I wanted to have the same slimness I get from a low calorie diet I had to change the no s diet to work for me. There are people on here that are very anti mods for like the first months or so, but let me just tell you what works for me okay? I have cereal usually most mornings with a piece of fruit. I use small 8 1/5 inch plates mostly and only have one S day. This keeps keeps me down to a size 6. Now right now I'm at the end of my pregnancy so I'm not following this so well, but this is what I will do to lose all the baby weight.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:08 pm

We are all so different so it is hard to give advice. So..like jellybeans..I will just tell you what works for me and that is exercise. I focus on jogging and walking, but I have found strength training to be the most effective at jumpstarting weight loss. Have you tried shovelglove yet? I had not been doing any work with weights during the summer so I recently went and bought a sledgehammer. I have only done it a few times so far.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Morningglori0821

Post by Morningglori0821 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Jellybeans, you sound just like me. I'm at a tight size 6 right now. I would just like to fit in my clothes comfortably so I just need to lose maybe 10 lbs. I'm starting to exercise mo're and I have downgraded my plate size. I'm very optimistic that this next month will be a victory!