How long have y'all been on the boards?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Threadbenders

How long have y'all been on the boards?

Post by Threadbenders » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:07 pm

NoS is going great. I have been reading all of the past posts (wheww!!) As I have read names that come and go I have wondered, how long have the active members here been posting on the board? And related, how long have you been NoSing?

Cathy B 8)
Weight Jan. 2010--252 lbs.
Weight starting Nos September 6, 2011--183.4 lbs.
Current weight--178.4 lbs
Goal weight (?)--140 lbs.

veggirl1964

Post by veggirl1964 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:15 pm

I've been coming and going since 2008. I kept going because I kept thinking that I wanted to lose weight faster before NoSing. Now that I weight about 15 pounds MORE than when I first discovered NoS (having gained and lost much weight in between), I give up! No S is the only way I can eat without obsessing about food. The obsessing about food helps to lose, but also makes me gain as soon as I get tired of calories, points, portions sizes, etc. So, I'm back since the end of September. So far October has been a perfect NoS month. Just trying to get that habit down!

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 am

I've been on this forum for over a year. I started on the no s forum through spark people. I lost 10lbs then came over to this forum because it had a little more action. I am at the end of my pregnancy so I have been the best no ser and I have not recently been quite as active, but I sure check it often.

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:07 am

I discovered the NoS site in July 2008 after looking at a myriad of weight-loss sites in a desperate attempt to lose the 50+ pounds I'd mysteriously gained over the years. I didn't have a weird dieting history but did attempt to eat healthily--thus, I was very perplexed by my heaviness.

NoS was the only proposal that made sense to me and seemed doable in our situation (large family, many guests over) as I could follow NoS and no one else would have to even know....

I immediately joined, followed NoS prinicples as best I could, and I've never jumped off the wagon. In the past three years, I've lost 45+ pounds and am STILL losing. (Turns out that I probably ate the equivalent of an entire meal while prepping food and another one by a (previously) poor habit of taking a small serving first and then another, and sometimes even a third. All those small little servings never SEEMED like much....I was totally deceived). Anyway, after the first year of losing steadily, I had many months of not losing anything, and then, suddenly, a few months with a few more pounds gone.

I am currently within a good BMI for my age and height and have been UTTERLY thrilled with my NoS journey....It is a delightful, satisfying way to live.

HTH,
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:52 am

I've been doing No S in various stages of compliance for more than three years. Since May of this year, I've been doing what I call Doable Fitness which is vanilla No S with various guidelines and a minimum of cardio and weight training for a minimum of 45 minutes 5 days a week.

My participation in the board varies depending on what else is going on in my life. And as much as I love No S, really there is only so much you can say about the basics.

It works wonderfully for me.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:07 am

Ten months for me, and I plan to stay with it. It was about losing weight at first, and that remains a goal. However, it is now more about maintaining the healthier lifestyle that I have developed. This includes both eating patterns and exercise and a different attitude toward food.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:50 pm

I've been doing this for about six months. Haven't stepped on a scale, yet. I like how things are going.

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:03 am

I've been loitering here since 2006, which is long enough ago that I had to find one of my posts to look at the date. I started eating this way at the same time, reached a healthy weight and build within a year, and haven't moved much since.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:20 pm

It is good to hear from someone who has reached long term maintenance. Thanks for the post ThompsonsPier.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

bjalda

Post by bjalda » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:25 pm

Since april this year (6-7months ago)! I started to implement the 3 meal structure because I read somewhere that it was better than the so often recommended 5 or even 6 meals a day (sounds bizarre now).
One day I was searching for the term "gluttony" and this site came up. I loved it, this system just fit my beliefs.. and that's when I started. I am doing the habitCal thing for about 3-4 months now.. and it is getting better all the time (:
Expectation exists when there is fear.
- Swami

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 pm

I first got on the site in fall of 2008 and had about 9 weeks total of compliance over the next year. Then in January of 2010, I committed to a year-actually to two years. I've had mostly good experiences, though my S days are still wild. I've never stopped to try anything else and just wrote a long post about the silliness of one book I looked at. I am 100% positive that my life is much better now, I've kept off 17 pounds and still believe I'm going to get better and lose more. I do not fear regaining all my weight though I sometimes get discouraged about losing more. I still love my meals, I love getting hungry, and I love not worrying about what I eat. It's hard to imagine a better system. If I can't get "there" tweaking No S, I ain't goin'.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:57 pm

I've been posting on this forum consistently
since I first began in spring of 2008.
I've been working on different aspects of the Habit concept since then,
but I also count calories, keep a computer food journal,
and eat the same on weekends as on weekdays,
and am not "vanilla" No S.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Threadbenders

Post by Threadbenders » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks for all of the responses. I love hearing about people still in the 'flush' of the first year, as well as those who have been NoSing for years.

Cathy B
Weight Jan. 2010--252 lbs.
Weight starting Nos September 6, 2011--183.4 lbs.
Current weight--178.4 lbs
Goal weight (?)--140 lbs.

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:56 pm

I have only been here since Labor Day weekend 2011. I had actually done NO S modified for years in the 90's with huge success. I went back to my slightly modified NO S labor day weekend this year.

The way I do it is 3 meals a day, zero in between, no seconds, no snacks, and I have a little bit of sweets daily after one or two meals. Like bite size.

I can't do Vanilla NO S because the snacks on the weekends and more than a small amount of sweets at a time would wreck havoc with my blood sugar. I am Juvenile Diabetic. Of course all JD's are insulin dependent and I find the NO S keeps my BS in great balance and I can enjoy all foods.

:mrgreen:
3-0-7 girl

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God… (Dt. 11:26-28.)