Jocelyn's November Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Jocelyn's November Check-In

Post by xJocelynx87 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:07 am

I am back, for real this time! I am committed to Vanilla No-S, exercise 3x per week, and only weighing once per month, all of which I am tracking using HabitCal. I plan on weighing in on December 1st, and updating daily until then. Here we go!

Day 1 - SUCCESS!

Breakfast - whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter, pear, coffee with half & half and sugar

Lunch - whole wheat chicken caesar wrap, orange

Dinner - beef stroganoff over noodles, green beans

Exercise - C25K week 1, run 1; 30 Day Shred level 1

determined

Post by determined » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:13 am

Welcome back....

Much success to you!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:08 am

Best of luck. Hope this time is the charm.
I'm baaaack.

xJocelynx87

Post by xJocelynx87 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks to both of you!

Pangelsue2 - To answer your question on my previous check-in, I buy the pumpkin butter at any number of pumpkin patches every fall. It's always homemade and delicious, and a nice change from the strawberry preserves I use the rest of the year!