NOS Newbie

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LFC2011

NOS Newbie

Post by LFC2011 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:58 am

Hello,
I am a NoS Newbie. I've read the book and have been researching the idea of eliminating snacks. I'd like to give it a try. I figure it can't hurt anything. This plan is similar to the Leptin Diet. Although I am not sure which one is the most restrictive. At any rate, I'm going to try it and see how I feel.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:52 am

Welcome, LFC2011. We'll look forward to hearing how you find No S.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:51 pm

I looked at the rules for the Leptin Diet. Since there are five of them and only three for No S I would say that Leptin is slightly more restrictive.

That's not to say they aren't good rules. They are. But implementing them all at once seems like a lot of lifestyle changes to make. I know I got burned out on trying to keep up with No S rules. Still though, if this speaks to you then go with it. Just don't buy supplements or more books.

LFC2011

Post by LFC2011 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:15 am

Blithe,
I've actually made a rule for myself for the next year. I will not buy or read anymore diet or nutrition books or articles. I don't think they can tell me anything that I don't know since I've been bouncing from plan to plan for the last 5 years. And I'm definitely not wasting money on any "miracle" supplements. I take a multi, fish oil, and calcium. If that's not enough then oh well. I'm even thinking about ditching the calcium.

~hf

Post by ~hf » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:36 am

LFC2011 wrote:....
I've actually made a rule for myself for the next year. I will not buy or read anymore diet or nutrition books or articles. I don't think they can tell me anything that I don't know ....
Yes, that is a great plan. With No s and what you already know about nutrition you have everything you need. I purged out my "diet" books over the summer, keeping only the No S Diet. The rest of what I own are actual cookbooks...for REAL food. Now I just need to stop checking them out at the library. :roll:

Welcome to No S. :D

Heidi
SW 236.4
10/26/11 restart date
1st goal 21 day club !accomplished! 11/24/11
2nd goal 10% loss
3rd goal...????

juliek

Post by juliek » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:43 pm

I had a whole box filled with my various weight loss information.... weight watchers plans, clipped articles from magazines, even an old Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal set! I've tossed it all in the trash and am going try to just eat like a sane person on the N0 S plan. So far, my first three weeks have been a positive experience. Good luck to you!!!
Julie

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:26 am

Welcome! I'm glad you accept that not eating snacks can't hurt anything. Some people are convinced it can! The benefits have certainly outweighed the drawbacks for me. I'm still tweaking after nearly two years, but I've never found anything else that makes any more long-term sense. And I've pretty much kept off most of the weight I lost. I overeat so much less often that I am still gloating.

I do still read "diet" books but only the ones that are actually not diet ones-- more books on anti-diet, but that give me boosters on choosing sanely on the weekends, though even those have made just a dent. No fault of the books!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)