Bob's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Traveler

Bob's Check In

Post by Traveler » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:31 am

Day 1-Success Day 2-Success. Best regards, Bob
Health Is The Greatest Wealth

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:10 am

Go Bob!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:34 am

Thanks, Deb, for the encouragement. I know I can do this diet with great support from people like you. Best regards, Bob

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:52 pm

Day 3-I'm staying with the program. This is great! Best regards, Bob

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:44 am

Three days of success, and I'm feeling great! What a great program! Best regards, Bob

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:08 am

Four days of success, and it's getting easier! I love this program! Best regards, Bob

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:35 am

Yay Bob!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:39 am

Five days of success! I'm feeling good, and I know that the best is yet to come! Best regards, Bob

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:27 am

Six days of success! So far, so good, and I feel totally commited to the program. Any urges to not follow my new diet plan are but flashes in my mind that I quickly and easily dismiss. This program rocks!

If you want to lose weight, try the program known as No S,
If you have failed with other weight loss plans, here you will find success!
You can eat three square meals a day, and yet you will see the fat just fade away!
It has a neat exercise program known as Shovelglove,
Where you "play" away the calories as you push and shove!
It has a great forum where you are welcomed and not treated as a stranger,
And a great walking program known as Urban Ranger!
So if you want weight loss success, just try No S!

I'm feeling great today, and have lost two pounds already! I guess you could say that I am hooked on this plan. Best regards, Bob

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:05 am

That rhyme was so cute Bob!
LOL...

Have a nice rest of your weekend and congrats on your two pounds down!!!
Yay!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:11 pm

I maintained my discipline over the weekend, so days seven and eight were successful, and my resolve is getting firmly locked into place. I actually have no desire to eat as much, amazing results for just eight days on the No S Program. The light of success at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter and brighter! Yes, I believe that there is a thinman within me, who will come out and show himself. Best regards, Bob

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:16 pm

Wow! This is really great stuff, Bob! Watch out you don't take it too strictly on the weekends though, otherwise your mind and body might rebel and you might end up breaking the diet during the week :)

Congrats on your 2lb loss and, more importantly, this great run of successful days.

May it bring you peace, health and happiness!
C.
CaroleJo

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:10 pm

Thanks, CarolJo. I just wanted to maintain discipline as this is my first weekend on the program, and I wanted to maintain my resolve. I will lighten up a little next weekend. Best regards, Bob

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:09 pm

Wow! I just stepped off the scales, and I'm down four pounds! This program is fantastic, and so doable! Best regards, Bob

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:05 am

Nine days of success, and all is going well. I am going on a mini vacation this coming Thursday, but I will try to maintain discipline to some degree, as I don't want to put the weight back on that I have lost. I will be on vacation for four days which will involve quite a bit of traveling, so this will be a good test for me. Best regards, Bob

Big Phil

Mini-vacation

Post by Big Phil » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:44 am

Hi Bob,
Congratulations on your success so far! I love No-S also. I just wanted to say that it is hard to go strict No-S when you are on vacation, just because you don't always know when and where you will eat when you are travelling. So don't beat yourseld up if you mess up a little bit. Sticking to no seconds and no snacks as much as possible should be enough to ensure you don't regain any weight.

Cheers,

Phil.

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:56 am

Thanks, Phil. I will put this advice to good use. Best regards, Bob

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:19 am

Hi Bob,

I travel a lot for work, and would like to second Phil's comments. Generally, I try to stick to NoS as far as possible, but with extra tolerance for screwups. Also, if you're somewhere new and theres some foodstuffs to experience that you can't get or try back home, I don't personally consider that a failure - provided I'm not stuffing myself the whole time, obviously!

I have to say though, NoS is easier to do alongside unknowing non-NoEssers than just about any other eating plan out there! No special magic foods, no specific meal plans and no need to be too choosy about what and where you eat. Plus, if you roll into the airport starving hungry at 9am (your time) but it's 4am local time and the only thing open is Burger King - well, it's not the most stellar choice but at least it's an option!

Good luck and have fun!
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:23 pm

Hi Bob the Traveller!

I recently went to Florida for a long weekend with my son to visit Grandparents.. We actually ate quite a lot of junk, but the moving around and carrying luggage and such seemed to help.. Also I avoided drinking sodas altogether...

We had Burger King and chips and ice cream...
Interestingly enough, I didn't gain a pound... I was really surprised!

NoS does really infiltrate your choices and make "spluge days" have less of and overall impact, because your daily "little choices"tm Freakwitch... are better throughout the day...

Good luck and enjoy your trip... Try to avoid getting a soft drink at every meal etc.. or dessert at every dinner... You can do travelling ala NoS!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:07 pm

Thanks for the good advice, Deb. I will "hang tough" on my trip. Best regards, Bob

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:44 pm

13 days of success! On my trip, I buckled down. I ate a little more than usual, but had no sweets or snacks. I did a lot of walking, so I didn't gain any weight on my trip, so I'm still on the mark to eventually release the thin man within me. Best regards, Bob

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:04 pm

Yay Bob!!!! Not overeating while travelling is huge!!!!
You better let that thin man out, or start charging him rent, okay? LOL...

Great news!!!
Keep it up! The stricter you are, the easier it gets...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:43 pm

Thanks for the advice you gave me before I went on my trip, Deb. I don't think I'll be able to charge that thin man rent for very long, as he wants to get out in the worst way! Best regards, Bob

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:14 pm

I went slipping and sliding for a couple of days as my daughers made some peanut butter and oatmeal raisin cookies that I couldn't refuse, so I pigged out for a couple of days, but I am now "back on the wagon" armed with new resolve. Best regards, Bob

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:43 pm

Back on the wagon just in time for S days!!!!!! :wink:
Woo hoo!!!!
LOL...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Traveler

Timing

Post by Traveler » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:08 am

Right on! Timing is everything! :D Best regards, Bob