Creaky's Update

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
creaky

Creaky's Update

Post by creaky » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:45 am

Hi all,

I'm really enjoying the shovelgloving and it has helped me to start to do more resistant training, such as squats, lunges and pushups. I thought today on adding some functional exercises - I have a strap system that will let me do modified pullups.

SG has been the first resistance exercise that I look forward to each day and I haven't (except for Wed, where I get home without dinner after 830pm) skipped it once. I may take my SG to work on Wednesday and try an empty room where no one can see me to do my workout.

Thanks for coming up with such a great idea. I know it will make a difference in my body.

Creaky

david

Post by david » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:52 pm

Looks like another one is hooked!

David

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:35 pm

Creaky,

Thanks for letting us know.

I still find it fun and look forward to it, and it's been years. I wouldn't have imagined such a thing could be possible.

Looking forward to your next update,

Reinhard

creaky

Post by creaky » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:34 am

As I'm driving home, I try to talk myself out of SG and walking my dogs. But when I get home, my dogs let me know that a walk is very important to them and they enjoy is so much. After the walk, I have to to the shovelgloving.

I do it out in my dog's fenced in area in the back yard. I put the dogs in the back yard outside of their kennel area. They run around, fighting and playing with each other. They have fun and so do I.

I'm hooked.

Creaky