"Cheater's Diet"

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

"Cheater's Diet"

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:52 pm

Sound familiar?

http://kyw.com/seenon/local_story_040211246.html

I guess no-s is technically a "cheater's diet," but I'm not sure I want to emphasize that part. Catchy name, though.

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:03 pm

There's one big problem, aside from the catchy name, which obviously has some intrinsic appeal, with this concept....
because we all have had experience cheating on our diets, so you can relate to it.. But what it doesn't do is, it doesn't form a positive and healthy relationship with your food..
The emphasis here is that you can "Cheat"...
Perception of what we do to ourselves is very important...

I much prefer the concept of S days as an earned reward..
No guilt, involved...
We "cut the cord" with our old habits and guilt patterns with NoS where as the idea of "cheating" just perpetuates an unhealthy outlook on it all, and keeps those old binging mentality/cheating mentality "cords" unsevered..

(But when I cheat on NoS, I do really feel guilty, but it's healthy guilt! LOL)

Anyways...
Have a great day, and don't cheat all you guys!

And ps... I think NoS is much more disciplinary and less wishy washy sounding... That's what overeaters/oversweeters really need...
NO "S"!!! :twisted:

Love,
8) Deb

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:18 am

Deb I agree - the name alone would cause an emotional and mental problem for me.

I enjoy my S days now - not because I am cheating, but because I am having planned and scheduled treats that are allowed.

The concept of cheating for me has terrible conitations and the connetion would create a never ending guilt / binge cycle for me.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)