Creaky's Daily Checkin

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

creaky

Creaky's Daily Checkin

Post by creaky » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:01 am

Glad to have found this site. Will try to do daily check-in. I'm doing both No S and shovelgloving. Love that shovelgloving!

This is what I will normally eat on a N-Day and this is what I've eaten on most days for past few months. Now I've just added my snacks to my regular meals.
  • Breakfast: oatmeal (2 servings), banana, apple, english muffin or bagel, cream cheese or natural peanut butter.
    Lunch: large salad, Two pita halves stuffed with salad stuff and 3 oz of meat, english muffin or bagel, cream cheese or natural peanut butter, piece of fruit.
    Dinner: 6 oz meat, 2 servings of starch, 1 lb frozen veggies, fruit if still hungry.
I feel that when I read what others eat that I'm eating lots of food but it's about 1800 calories with an emphais on fruits and veggies with some grains thrown in.

Today:
  • No-S: success
    Shovelgloving: Bought 8 pound hammer but weighs 10.5 with handle and padding. Did 8 mins.
Creaky

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am

I don't think what you eat is excessive at all. To borrow a quote from Peetie recently "I also have the capacity of a truck driver"!! :)

Welcome to the daily checkin, creaky. Hope you find it helpful.

Best of luck,
C.
CaroleJo

creaky

01-31-06

Post by creaky » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:43 am

No S - success.

I was worried that eliminating my 10 am and 3 pm snacks would be a problem, but I'm not hungry like I used to be at those times. Maybe it's because I eat a large satisfying meal at breakfast and lunch.

SG - another 7 minutes. I did it about 30 minusts dinner, a lighter one than normal as I knew I would be SGing shortly afterwards. Didn't seem to be a problem.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:21 am

sounds like you're off to a good start!

C.
CaroleJo

creaky

Post by creaky » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:06 am

Wednesday - Failure, but planned failure. Wed is/was my splurge night, but I need to stop it. No more. I'll leave my S days for Sat and Sun. No SG also.

Today:
No S: Success

SG - 9 minutes. Feels really good!

Walking: ~90 mins. I walk at work during breaks and 30 mins at lunch, then a 30-45 min walk in evening with my dogs.

anniede

Post by anniede » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:00 am

*waves* If you're who I think you are, then you know who I am! ;-)

creaky

Post by creaky » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:18 am

Waves back at AnnieDe. Yes, it's who you think it is.

Splurges today
  • a Frosty at Wendy's with a healthy lunch - chicken sandwhich, ceasar salad and diet coke.

Dinner - lots of meat and frozen veggies. Usually I only have 4-6 ounces of meat at dinner, but tonight was considerably more.

Big splurge on some nabisco Whole what chocolate chip cookies. Not very good. Will not have them again. Rather spend my splurges on something good.

Creaky

anniede

Post by anniede » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:50 pm

2 terms I'd never want to see in a product: whole wheat and Chocolate Chips LOL

I've learned in the last few years, if I'm going to waste the calories, it better be well worth it. My current cookie love = subway chocolate cookies. Thank god I rarely ever go to Subway. ;-)
Annie
(walking in Northern California)
http://therriault.blogdrive.com

"Walking is my therapy...what about you?" Annie

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." Steven Wright

creaky

Post by creaky » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:50 am

No S- Success to some extent or maybe a failure to a small extent. I didn't feel like eating my normal breakfast - I really should have eaten it. Maybe I would have felt better emotionally throughout the day as I was a pissed off person all day - not sure why. Luckily I can get off by myself at work and just do my work. I had a few baby carrots at break as I was getting hungry. I had tsp of natural peanut butter before leaving work to get me home. I'm still hungry after dinner, but am not eating.

SG- 10 minutes. Enjoy this. Added a few incline pushups (10) where I use a dog igloo doghouse as the item to push to and from. I'll do this until floor pushups are more comfortable Did 10 squats, and 10 lunges each side. Will try to increase lunges and squats.

Walk - 30 mins lunchtime, 15 mins break, 30 mins dog walk.

anniede

Post by anniede » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:30 pm

Creaks, you still did an excellent job! You controlled yourself and your emotional eating, keeping to a small snack rather than "sitting in front of the pantry and going crazy". ;-) That's pretty dang hard to do!

You know who! ;-)
Annie
(walking in Northern California)
http://therriault.blogdrive.com

"Walking is my therapy...what about you?" Annie

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." Steven Wright

creaky

Post by creaky » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:38 am

Wed
No S - planned failure as Wedn night meal has been a splurge meal for me. I had a sub type sandwich and chips for dinner.
SG none. Wednesday is a late night for me. I may take the SG to work and do the SGing where no one can see me!
But a two pound gain for the week! Maybe too much on the weekend. My problem is the exercise. I don't know if my walking is exerting me enough. I bought a heart rate monitor to track my exertion.

Thursday
No S- Good. I was very hungry when I got home at 6pm, so I ate 1 oz of wheat thins, so I could do my walk with the dogs and my SGing. I should have reached for an apple or orange for a better choice.
SG - 10 mins, pushups, lunges squats.

Christy

creaky

Post by creaky » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:29 am

No S - success. The time after dinner is tough for me and I need to figure out why. I eat a good size dinner. Tonight was a grilled chicken sandwich from Wendys. a very large salad, small Wendy's chili. I thought that would be enough but it wasn't.

SG - 10 minutes. Felt good. I am up to 30 reps on most items for the first set. The second go around is about 15 reps. The paddle the canoe exercise are the hardest for me and I do less of those.

BWE (Body weight Exercises)
20 lunges
20 squats
10 pushups

Walking
15 mins
30 mins
25 mins

creaky

Post by creaky » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:37 am

Monday -
No S- success