Just found out about this diet.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mlwhitt

Just found out about this diet.

Post by mlwhitt » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:44 am

Hi. I found out about the No S Diet over on Diet-Blog.com. I am anxious to get started.

Back in 2004 I lost 100lbs. I took up running and really felt good about myself. Last May I had a mountain bike accident that put me out of commision for a few months and I started back on my old eating habits. About the time I was feeling up to my exercise routine our baby girl was born. And since her birth I have quit the excercising and started eating bad again. I am so ready to change this and get back to my ideal weight. I have gained back nearly 30 lbs in less than a year. :(

I have done low-carb, low-fat and everything in between but they never work for me because I always feel so depreived. I am hoping this diet will be different.

Thanks again for the forums.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:10 pm

Hi M,

Glad you found us. Hope NoS brings you peace and health. It's really about the sanest thing going.

C.
CaroleJo

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:31 pm

Welcome, Michael. This diet has been baby-girl tested. Our daughter is 18 months now, and if anything I'm a few pounds lighter than when she was born. I'd recommend finding something similarly moderate and sustainable for exercise to do in tandem with the diet (like daily walking).

Here's the diet-blog article, for those who want to check it out:

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2006/ ... s_diet.php

It's worth poking around this site. I usually filter through google news for "diet" to keep abreast of the latest absurdities in the field, but this guy has done it for me -- and far more thoroughly. Notice also that his no-s logo is smoother and more attractive than the highly pixelated one I'm using. Hmmm. I'll have to fix that.

Reinhard

Kevin

Welcome, and have a great time!

Post by Kevin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:11 am

As a No-S advocate, I'm always glad to see other folks try out this common sense approach to life and eating. It's worked great for me.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."