Willpower!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sfunky67

Willpower!

Post by sfunky67 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:02 pm

OK, I realize it's only been 3 days...but here is where honesty comes into play for me. Last night I got home after work around 10:45 pm, and I was hungry! My charming husband had ordered a big, fat, juicy pizza for dinner, and the leftovers were calling to me! I decided to resist the pizza, but was still hungry, so I stood with the fridge door open, deciding between tuna salad and some leftover stuffing. (Can you tell I love the carbs?) I was just about to "go in" when I realized that whatever I ate, I would force myself to report back to you all, and that was the end of the story! I closed the fridge and went to bed. ME! Exerting some level of control - unheard of! Normally, I would have eaten at least one if not two enormous wedges of deep dish pizza. (We have really, really good pizzaria's in our hometown...lots of Italians! As good as if not better than what you get downtown Chicago if you can imagine!) I'm not bragging, rather putting this down so I can go back months from now and realize that I can do it! Hope you all have a great weekend!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:18 pm

Congratulations on your willpower!!!

I, too, find the accountability this board provides to be a REALLY BIG HELP when it comes to behaving myself. :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:54 pm

That is wonderful Sfunky!!!!!
You Rule!!!!!!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Kevin

Congratulations...

Post by Kevin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:48 am

Nice exercise of willpower! Stick to it!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:50 pm

Congratulations, Sfunky.

I think the consciousness of having resisted temptations like this can be a greater pleasure than indulging would have been. And you'll have plenty of legitimate opportunities to enjoy that wonderful pizza.

Reinhard