My first shovelglove attempt did not go well ...

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
stoogeswoman

My first shovelglove attempt did not go well ...

Post by stoogeswoman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi everyone, I'm not really new here but have been a lurker for quite some time.

Just thought you might enjoy hearing about my first attempt to do the "shovelglove" workout a couple of months ago.

At my husband's suggestion, I decided to combine it with killing part of a big ugly bush in our back yard, which was partially blocking our access to the garage.

So I got my shovelglove set up and started whacking away at that bush, up and down, up and down, for about five minutes, and everything was going great and I felt oh, so strong. 8)

Then ... I heard this loud metallic CLANK - followed by a spray of cool water.

:oops: Nope - it wasn't a post-workout shower.

It was the pipes leading from the back yard to the house - which, unknown to either of us, were partially concealed directly underneath that big ugly bush. :shock:

A few thousand dollars later (OUCH!!!) we have a new set of copper pipes - and I now do my workouts wayyyy far away from the house! :D

jules

Post by jules » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:21 am

At least you weren't injured! The cost of the repair is really unfortunate though.

Keep on shovelin'!