How to Shovelglove while on business travel?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Gepetto

How to Shovelglove while on business travel?

Post by Gepetto » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I just discovered Shovelglove, and am wondering what solutions might exist for keeping up the routine when living out of a hotel? I'm not sure how the TSA would feel about a sledge in my luggage..-

Thanks for any advice or wisdom.

Gepetto
Start Date: 11/12/2012
Start Weight: 323 lbs.
Current Weight: 320 lbs.
Last Signature Update: 11/25/2012

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:30 am

Welcome!

When I can't use a physical shovelglove, I use my "spiritual shovelglove" and do 14 minutes of whatever I can make work under the circumstances, "14 minutes of anything" -- simple bodyweight exercises like pushups and squats if nothing else. You'd be amazed at how utterly exhausting these can be (be careful! on more than one occasion, I banged out so many squats during one of these virtual shovelglove sessions that I could barely walk for days after).

http://everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode.php?id=38

Reinhard

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks Reinhard! Your response got me thinking about what I might find in a hotel room besides body weight, and the first thing that popped to mind was the iron. It would have to be a one-handed shovelglove day, so maybe I'd have to modify my movements - garden trowel? One-handed sword?

I have a few weeks before the trip, so there is a little time yet before these can be put into practice.
Start Date: 11/12/2012
Start Weight: 323 lbs.
Current Weight: 320 lbs.
Last Signature Update: 11/25/2012