Greenways

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
NoelFigart

Greenways

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:05 am

My city is in the process of developing a series of trails called a greenway. Basically, it's attractive, well-graded, wide trails that are good to walk or bike on. They're meant for recreation as well as green transportation (there isn't much greener than walking, after all).

This is exciting, as part of the greenway is from my house to a local shopping center with some restaurants and a movie theater (and I live in a pretty small town!)

I was wondering if anyone else lived somewhere with anything like greenways. If so, what do you think? How much do you use it?
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Mika_Onida

Post by Mika_Onida » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:39 pm

We have something similar in our city along the river. I use it for "just because" walks and for when I want to take the pretty route even if it's not the most direct. They aren't maintained in the winter though so many times it's not safe due to ice.