When do people find the time?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

When do people find the time?

Post by Over43 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:55 am

Since No S is a "habit" to be formed, and so much of what we do is habits we have formed, I had an observation today.

I have come to the conclusion that the WWW allows many people to be full of...manure.

Now I don't mean anyone here. Because Reinhardt hasn't set up an internet tool here that allows us to be full of...manure. But let me give an example.

Last night, after I logged on here and posted my unsuccess, or success, I went onto a different website that deals with the certain type of exercise I am doing at the moment. This website, among forums, blogs, and journals has a real time chat. I looked at the 35 or so people on the chat, didn't recognize anyone on it, and left.

Fast forward, this morning: I was at work, went to the above stated website, and noticed that basically, the same 30+ people seemed to still be on the chat.

I got busy doing things, left my office, went to help a group of students with an environmental science test, which took most of the morning, drove to NY Burrito, picked up lunch, and went back to my office. I had forgot to turn off my computer, nor had I exited from the WWW. If you are seeing the pattern you know what's coming. The same 30+ people (plus or minus a couple) were still chatting.

Tonight, it has been about 24 hours since I was on last night. The same 30+ people are chatting. Understand that the whole group is dominated by 5-6 "superstars" who have done everythin from climbing Everest to bringing down terrorist cells with Nerf footballs.

My question to them would be, if they were to notice someone posted other than them, "How in the H3!! do you work, let alone get one of the workouts in, that you claim you do, when you spend every moment (I would like to say waking, but I'm not sure) chatting on this website?

That is my rant for the month of January.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:36 am

:lol: that would never happen on this board because we would all at least take the time off to eat our three plates of food - LOL!
Last edited by Amy3010 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen7316

Post by Eileen7316 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Wow! :shock:

I'm glad that REAL LIFE is so much better! Maybe they should try it!
Eileen

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Interesting. If they're there 24 hours, I wonder whether they are chatbots to encourage real people to spend time there?
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Maybe they just leave the browser open?

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:04 pm

leafy_greens wrote:Maybe they just leave the browser open?
I do that with this forum.