~Misguided_Angel's Place~

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

misguided_angel

~Misguided_Angel's Place~

Post by misguided_angel » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:10 pm

Well today is day 1, I am here in Iraq so the only meal left in dinner.....I dont know what elese to post in here for now except I have done well today none of the esses including "starches" this is for 2 reasons:

1, I just decided to do this way of eating this afternoon
2, I have been following Low Carb for the last 8 months and am scared to add Starches back in to my diet.....

One of the main reasons I want to quit Low Carb is because I feel I need starches and for the last few months my hair has been falling out :( everyone fo course says it is normal on LC but I like my hair darn it! This way of eating seems so simple, and indeed I know it is. I just dont know how to add foods back in without gaining weight back (I lost 31# on LC)

~Angel~

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:51 pm

Good luck Angel!
You will love NoS!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

misguided_angel

Success

Post by misguided_angel » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:00 am

20 Feb 2006 -SUCCESS= No "funny stuff" it was kind of hard to not eat any snacks as I a m used to having 2 a day if I want to but it wasnt too bad and yesterday was a success!

Thank you for your lovely welcome Deb :D When reading through the forum I see you are a constant source of motivation/inspiration and I look forward to getting to know you all better!
~Angel~

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:01 am

Glad to see you're off to a good start.
Welcome to NoS!
C.
CaroleJo

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:22 pm

Well so far today has been a good day (none of the esses) only have dinner left.... :)

Carol thank you very much for the welcome!
~Angel~

misguided_angel

Day 2 DONE!!!

Post by misguided_angel » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:07 am

21 Feb 2006=SUCCESS: Nothing to report off plan :) not adding too much in at a time and just going with the flow so to speak....
~Angel~

david

Post by david » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:53 pm

Angel,

Good going on the success so far!

Are you from Oklahoma or are you just getting stationed here after Iraq?

-David

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:01 am

david wrote:Angel,

Good going on the success so far!

Are you from Oklahoma or are you just getting stationed here after Iraq?

-David
Born and raised in Okie.....and you?
~Angel~

david

Post by david » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:43 pm

Born here, raised all over the place, probably here for the long haul now.

David

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:41 am

david wrote:Born here, raised all over the place, probably here for the long haul now.

David
I moved from Oklahoma when I was 16 and am just now going back home, yeah its been ahwile :) Turns out to be one of the best decisions I ever made, I have gotten to travle to some great places (and some not so great) but over all it has been a wonderful experience I never thought I would get to travel Europe.... Although I wont say I will be there for the long haul....All my family lives there so it will be nice to be home.

Thursday 23D SUCCESS - I am off today (Friday) and took yesterday and Today as my weekend days since my schedule is so wierded out right now. When I get home next month I will do regular weeks. But I will make sure it is 5 days in between my weekends :)

I cant believe I have only 8 days left before I get to leave WOW it seems the time is flying by now and I cant wait to go!
~Angel~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:52 pm

Heh Heh Heh! I KNEW you'd find me....sooner or later! :D

You have NOOO idea (oh wait! maybe you DO now! :lol: ) just how gooood it was to eat REAL mashed potatoes WITHOUT GUILT!!

Yeah, I think I'll keep him around! ;)

Yikes-stripes! Only 8 more days!!! Oh-ma-god! Oh-ma-god! I think I'm getting just as excited as YOU over here!!! <insert jumping-up-and-down smilie here> :D

You're doing just GREAT! (not that I had any doubts)

ttyl Little Missy! ;)

:D
~Ellen~

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:16 am

:D Ok, Ok my "S" Days are over with so 23 and 24 Feb- SUCCESS

Today has been good so far no funny stuff breakfast and lunch down only dinner to go. It actually feels good to be back on the No S days. The S days were nice but definitely not an everyday way to eat. I didnt do too bad at all, I had a few treats and a few sweets but no seconds....lol

7 more days til I can leave....Woo Hooo.....3 more days of work after today. then 4 days of "sick leave" hehe

Little little mouse...hehe- I bet the tatoes were Delish!!!!
~Angel~

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:48 am

You have NOOO idea (oh wait! maybe you DO now! ) just how gooood it was to eat REAL mashed potatoes WITHOUT GUILT!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
Oh you Low Carb people are so funny!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Captain Reinhard, someone from "The Dark Side" has gone AWOL and is seeking refuge in NOS territory!!
Ha ha!!! :twisted:
I knew low carb was unmaintainable, and potatoes were to blame!

Eat those spuds and pass the gravy!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:06 pm

gratefuldeb67 wrote:LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
Oh you Low Carb people are so funny!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Captain Reinhard, someone from "The Dark Side" has gone AWOL and is seeking refuge in NOS territory!!
Ha ha!!! :twisted:
I knew low carb was unmaintainable, and potatoes were to blame!

Eat those spuds and pass the gravy!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
LMAO! You're soooo funny Deb! 'Spose we should ask for "Carb Asylum", eh?! ::snicker::

Angel ( ;) ) ~~ Glad to hear that your S-days went so well! GOOD JOB! And don't worry 'bout what that :evil: scale says right now -- this, too, will pass!

ttyl, sweetie!
~Ellen~

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:32 pm

Glad to make you lyao! :lol:

Do you know that if you move one letter around in low carb it becomes
low crab! LOL..
That's how you feel after being on that for enough time!
A crab!

See you later misguided..
Glad you found a new direction...
You made the right move..
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Oh congrats on the end of your tour of duty! I'm sure your family will be happy to have you home. :D

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:45 pm

Good EVENING little missy! I'm going to be sooo glad when you get back to the States and I don't have to do all this MATH anymore! :lol:

Just checking in to see how your day went!

Drop by the "Wall" sometime (you KNOW I won't say the other word! :lol: )

::wave::
~Ellen~

misguided_angel

27 Feb

Post by misguided_angel » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:58 am

Well yesterday was a SUCCESS, however today I bombed...I think I will have to wait until I am at home to join the 21 day club. I will jump in on the "dark side" conversation :) I dont happen to think that LC is really bad its when you go really extreme with it that it messes you up. Most people "tweak" their menu's until they are eating next to nothing. I am also one of those people that lost weight really fast (31 pounds) over 3 minths and since then my hair has been falling out. This is why I decided to add different foods in.

I am also a scale-aholic :( I can not go 1 day without weighing it does get irritating sometimes as I tend to let what the scale says rule how my day goes. I wont have a choice soon though while my husband and I are traveling I wont have a scale. I am trying to be careful as I do not want to gain back all that I lost on low carb and I am also trying to not get discouraged with the weight gain on the scale since starting No S. So far it hasnt been too big of a gain and I am hoping it will go back down as the days go by.

I have 5 more days left here in Iraq and I have been really busy lately hence no posting in my daily check in.....ellen, I dropped by your "hole" LMAO....couldnt help myself. Wow you have been busy you already have 2 pages .....you are doing great by the way :)

Carb Asylum.......lol

BTW- this may be too much info for some of you...but doing LC it is very normal to be constipated ALL the time and as a result I was getting hooked on laxatives....I havent had to use them since doing No S and I am tellign myself that outweighs the weight gain......so far its only 4 pounds...not too bad yet
~Angel~

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:52 pm

Oh my god Angel!
Being constipated all the time is so toxic to our system..
You would be better off taking a year to lose 15 or 20 lbs, than set yourself up for future serious illnesses like irritable bowel syndrome and the dreaded colon cancer.. or anthing that has to do with keeping garbage in our systems..
Please.. Keep on "moving!"....

(Oh man, now I really am galvanized against LC!)

Yes, the plusses definitely out weight the minuses...
Keep it up and hope you get back soon!
Peace,
8) Deb

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:32 pm

LOL,

My email wasnt supposed to make you more against LC.....I know being constantly constipated isnt good for me, thats one of the reasons I am trying to lighten up a little. LC does have its uses, it helped me to lose most of the weight I wanted to lose, yes I know it can be at a price, like me being constipated and losing about 1/3 of my hair....ugh.....I have noticed it is growing back though and there hasnt been any permanent damage from the laxatives...I know there could have been if I had kept on.

I am trying my best to stick with No S it is hard when you have done another plan for so long. I find myself mostly eating LC still....it takes awhile to stick with a new plan I know hence the "21 day club"

thank you for being so nice and all your information :)
~Angel~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:45 pm

LOL I KNEW you couldn't resist using THAT word!

I do have to agree with you regarding the whole...er... "movement" thing.....it's been great! (oh my, that sounds sooo wrong on sooo many levels! lol)

Sorry to hear that you "bombed" yesterday.......it's only ONE DAY! Pick yourself up - move on to the next day.....one meal at a time if necessary.

The next two weeks are going to be so hectic for you between finishing up what you're doing and then all that traveling -- take it one day at a time. I know, I know....it's still gonna bug the crap out of you. (no pun intended - lol) Do the best you can.....things will even themselves out once you're stateside (and then home again).

Besides, NoS is going to make traveling so much easier than if you were still LCing ~~ just think of all the Arby's between here and there! (Not the best meal choices, I know......but more importantly NO GUILT!)

Now, CHIN UP! We both know you've got TONS of determination!

:D
~Ellen~

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:58 pm

Ha-Ha...yeah I HAD to use that word.....

Arbys is the :evil: LOL

It was today I "bombed" LOL....strawberry Ice cream with real berries in it....Ugh! I will do better though I am not gonna die over it
~Angel~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:19 pm

misguided_angel wrote:Arbys is the :evil: LOL
Not anymore!!! ;)
It was today I "bombed" LOL....strawberry Ice cream with real berries in it....Ugh! I will do better though I am not gonna die over it
Argh! Darn MATH! lol

Of course you won't - I'd have to kick your butt if you did!!! lol
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:45 am

Hey you!

WhooHoo! After today (YOUR today), you have LESS THAN A WEEK to go! <happy dance!>

Do what you have to in order to get through, k?

ttyl

~Ellen~

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:18 pm

Today has been a great day as far as eating goes :) Today is also my last day of "work" I am getting really excited to be leacing soon. I feel like I am back in my "groove" with my eating so we shall see!
~Angel~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:59 pm

CONGRATS on having a GOOD day! ::cheer::

You should be almost DONE with your last day of work 'bout now ~~ now call in SICK already! :lol:

Gotta get ready for work........I'll check in on ya later! ;)

~Ellen~

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:39 am

Well I find myself at work another day, I am going to our room after the morning work is done. The guy that is on leave hasnt came back yet and he was supposed to be here yesterday. I hope he didnt just decide not to come back

Today is a new day I am wiping my slate clean....and not just of food issues.....Of EVERYTHING.
~Angel~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:47 am

misguided_angel wrote:Well I find myself at work another day, I am going to our room after the morning work is done. The guy that is on leave hasnt came back yet and he was supposed to be here yesterday. I hope he didnt just decide not to come back
Oh he had BETTER come back! And you & DH had better be able to leave as planned!!!
Today is a new day I am wiping my slate clean....and not just of food issues.....Of EVERYTHING.
Hmmmmm.......how's it going? I should be "available" in about a half hour or so.

~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:51 am

OMG you ate a WHOLE Banana....you pig!!!!!
ROFLMAO!!!! I am seriously laughing OUT LOUD!!! (the cat gave me a funny look, too! ::snicker::)
~Ellen~

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:51 am

I dont have YM today, it just seems I have gotten in a rut here lately that I need to get out of, and just same ol same as far as other things go with BIL and "friend"
Last edited by misguided_angel on Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Angel~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:54 am

misguided_angel wrote:I dont have YM today, it just seems I have gotten in a rut here lately that I need to get out of, and just smae ol same as far as other things go with BIL and "friend"
DANG IT! It's just not the same without YM - grrrr!

Hang in there! ::hugs::
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:58 am

I couldnt help myself! I too just ate some fruit and it was yummy....honeydew and a few grapes
Drooooooolllllll!

Ya know....it's a GOOD THING I wasn't sipping my tea when I read your previous post (re the banana) ~~ it would have sprayed EVERYWHERE! :shock: :lol:

Oh, lookie, lookie! YOU'VE got 2 pages now, too! ::jumping up and down:: ::yay::
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:07 am

Hey sweetie!

That WAS bad of me....sorry! :cry:

I've gotta book.....have to get to bed 'cuz I'll be getting up at 5 a.m. tomorrow so I can pick up DH at 6 a.m. Then I get to do it AGAIN Friday morning ~ yay me! NOT!

Try to have a good day, k? I'll ttyl...........

~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:43 pm

Hope the rest of your day went well!

Did that guy finally get back?

Hope you're not TOO bored sitting around for the next few days. I'd tell you to go shopping or something, but yeah, we BOTH know better than THAT! Hey! Maybe you could hit the gym? Oh wait! Is DH off now, too, or does he still have to work?

Have a great evening!

~Ellen~

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:28 am

Today has been good so far :) had a yummy salad with chicken for lunch :D

2 more days and we leave...YAY...I will be off and on in between traveling so see you all when I check in :)
~Angel~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:07 pm

I'm missing you already, my friend!

Have a safe flight back (take your meds for your back). The next time I "see" you, you'll be HOME!!! ::yay:: :D

~Ellen~

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:28 pm

I know I am so EXCITED that I will be home soon....I just purchased my treadmill too.....YAY
~Angel~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:45 pm

misguided_angel wrote:I know I am so EXCITED that I will be home soon....I just purchased my treadmill too.....YAY
You're gonna LOVE IT! Just make sure you have something to LOOK AT while you're on it -- trust me on this! My blank white basement wall is sooooo boring! LOL

Even when we get the exercise room done, I plan to make sure the treadmill is facing (and in line with) the window in there, but I'll STILL only get to watch the grass grow - :( Once the weather gets nicer around here, I will be going back to walking outside. ::thumbs up!::

(BTW, DH DID get the waterbed drained, but the doofus decided to do it on Monday afternoon so of course, with his schedule, there's been no further progress...... :( It's a start though! :D )

~Ellen~

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:58 pm

You're gonna LOVE IT! Just make sure you have something to LOOK AT while you're on it -- trust me on this! My blank white basement wall is sooooo boring! LOL
life size poster of George Clooney, perhaps?

:lol:

Afternoon, you girls.

Good luck with the move, Angel. Personally, I always found moving back 'home' to be much harder than moving away. Somehow I always expect that everything will be familiar and exactly the same, and manage to forget that everybodys lives have moved on quite neatly without me there for the last year or so. I swear, the 'reverse culture shock' is ALWAYS worse than the culture shock you get from moving to somewhere new. I have no doubt that it will all work out in the end for you though. It always does. :)

C.
CaroleJo

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:34 pm

life size poster of George Clooney, perhaps?
Hmmmm......I'm thinking Matthew McConaughey....shirtless! YUM YUM!!! (But George DOES run a very close second! ;) )

I wonder how my DH would react to that ------> :shock: <------ LOL
~Ellen~

misguided_angel

Post by misguided_angel » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:41 am

mmmmmmmm....Matthew McConaughey...yes yes ...him....haha

Today is our last full day here in Iraq we will leave tomorrow night :):):)

See you guys-ladies on the flip side.....
~Angel~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Try to refrain from partying TOO much during the flight home! ;) But, then again, getting up and dancing in the aisles may be just the thing to help keep your back from hurting! :lol: :D

Have a GREAT flight, sweetie! I will DEFINITELY be looking for you on the "flip side"! :)
~Ellen~

misguided_angel

MADE IT!!!!

Post by misguided_angel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 am

Lil Mouse :)

we finally made it home!!!! Well back to the USA will not be home for a few more days....we were fliying here or there for 2 days straight...it was so hectic and then again not really...know what I mean? We did alot fo waiting or sitting on the planes/helicopters...we almost didnt make it out of Iraq I am so glad everything worked out and we were able to get here on time. the airline lost our luggage....grrrrrr....we have been back to the USA 3 times in the last 10 years and every single time they have lost our luggage. So I cant go turn in all of my military gear until our luggage comes in. Right now we are at my sister in laws in atlanta waiting for word on our luggage. We will stay here tonight and probably tomorrow night too unless our luggage turns up I cant turn my gear in because it was one of the bags lost.

anywho, I will try to get on YM tomorrow morning while SIL is at work. Just wanted to let you knwo we made it safely.
~Angel~

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:02 am

Welcome home!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:09 am

WhooHoo! SuWEET!!!! <happy dance> (now THERE'S a visual for ya! :lol: )

Lost luggage, eh? :roll: Figures! Well, at least you'll have a couple of days to rest up and visit with DH's sis before hitting the highway!

I'll probably be "available" on YM tomorrow morning around 10 a.m. MY time! ;)

Hope you get your luggage back soon!

ttyl

{{hugs}}
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:19 am

Are you there yet?! :lol:

If not, I hope your trip is going smoothly!

If you are, I hope you're getting "settled in" very nicely!

Girl, you are going to be soooo busy for awhile - just don't forget to take care of yourself, too! :)

See you back here once the dust settles............. ;)

~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:34 am

Hey there little missy! ::wave::

Just wanted to pop in to say HI! Sorry that I haven't been available to chat with you on YIM all week - I DID get your offline messages, tho! ;) So glad you liked the card.

I can only IMAGINE how busy you must be right now! {{hugs}}

Hey! Did your treadmill arrive yet? I just restarted using mine this past week and am 5/5 for the week! ::yay:: I can't WAIT until this weather warms up a bit more - I'm DEFINITELY going to start heading outside as soon as I can!

I saw my first robin today.......was pretty excited about it until I mentioned it to the girls at the office -- they looked at me and said, "Where have YOU been? The robins have been back for awhile now!"" :shock: LOL Yeah, I do need to get out more! :roll: LOL

Anyhooo....I didn't want your check-in to get lost over on Page 2.....Hopefully we'll get a chance to chat soon! 8)

Have a GREAT weekend!

~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:23 pm

Pulling you back to the "surface", little missy! ;)

Hope everything is going well for you!

ttyl

~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:05 pm

Yanking your chain again! ;)

You'd better get back "here" soon, little missy! Don't make me come a-lookin' for ya! :twisted: Oklahoma is a LOT closer than Iraq! LOL

Hope you're doing well..........I'm having "Banter Buddy" withdrawals over here! :cry:

Talk to ya soon!

~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:06 am

<knock-knock>

YOOHOO! Anybody home?

~Ellen~