Mister Tut's Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mister Tut

Mister Tut's Check in

Post by Mister Tut » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:19 am

Hi. I'm Mister Tut.
I'm trying the No S Diet for purposes not only of losing weight, but of reporting on this diet on another website.
Today is day 3 for me.
Saturday (day one) was a success.
Sunday (day two) was a success.
Today, FAILURE: I slipped and had a second lunch (I forgot about a corporate lunch and not eating would've been awkward). Since second lunch was Pizza, I did engage in vertical stackage.:oops: I somewhat compensated by only having HALF a bowl of soup at dinner.

Anyway, pleased to be here.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:59 am

Wow cool! A secret shopper! LOL..

Welcome Tut!
You will lose weight.. But be somewhat patient.. This diet isn't something that you can fully appreciate in one month.. It gets better over time, as we are all trying to truly change ingrained habits..
But it works!!!

Hope it does for you and have fun!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:52 am

Hi and welcome to the board! Hope you like your assignment so much and it's so successful that you stick around afterwards too.

C.
CaroleJo

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:49 pm

Welcome, Mr. Tut.

Hope you wind up with something good to report...

Don't sweat that first FAILURE too much. It can take a few till you get the habit down.

Reinhard

Mister Tut

Post by Mister Tut » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:27 pm

Well, I wouldn't say it's a secret- maybe an open secret? :D

I would like nothing better than to stay with this plan long term, and if I feel the benefits, I surely will. I'm going to try to stick with it for at least three months.

And thanks for the hellos!

Mister Tut

Post by Mister Tut » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:16 am

Wednesday: Success.

Breakfast: 2 sm hot italian Sausages, diet iced green tea w/ blueberry.
Lunch: 4 sm hot italian Sausages SUCRALOSE sweetened diet soda
Dinner: Vegetable Lasagne (one piece) Diet soda

I am not giving up diet soda right now, as I just gave up both caffeine and Aspartame. I'm quite missing the caffeine, but I aim to keep going.

Mister Tut

Post by Mister Tut » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:12 pm

Thursday: Failure, but the good kind.

I learned some things from thursday's experience. I didn't have enough food on hand to pack a lunch, so I had to stop at the grocery store on my way in to work. I was still peckish from breakfast (I am actually kind of excited that I have actually been able to feel hunger, I was insensitive to it before no-s)

So I caved and bought myself "second-breakfast" in addition to my lunch.

I'm still trying to sort out the problem exactly. I wonder if my mistake was:
A) not eating enough breakfast
B) Running out of food, necessitating an unplanned trip to temptationville
C) Going into the store while hungry
D) Not having a strategy to deal with hunger.

I think I'll go over to general discussion and ask about this.
All in all, despite the four meals, I feel upbeat and optimistic. Today I tightened my belt a notch. Yay! :D

Also: I am learning to embrace tea.

Mister Tut

Post by Mister Tut » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:11 pm

Friday: Success
Monday: Success

I sure hope I get through today, though. I was so hungry I broke down and had meal#2 TWO HOURS early!

I won't have the opportunity to go shopping for food until the weekend, so I have to make due with 3 meals a day, rather than the four I think is optimal. I'm hoping that by next week I'll have made some kind of "inner adjustment" that will allow me to feel reasonable and rational on three meals. :)

Sometimes I feel like I'm detoxing from "lifestyle poisoning"!

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:28 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing great! a lot of this diet is mental detoxing as well as physical...sometimes it takes a while to get the hang of it...it has taken me forever! :lol: mostly because i find it hard to say no to sweets.....so keep with it and you will have it down in no time! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

Mister Tut

Post by Mister Tut » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:12 pm

Thanks, doulachick.

Tuesday: Success
BUT- the dinner was really a bit more large than I really feel was appropriate, despite all fitting on one plate.

ceu

Post by ceu » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:38 am

I hear you on the "lifestyle poisoning." I'm actually taking a look at a number of not so optimal things I've been doing to myself without thinking.

Mister Tut

Post by Mister Tut » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:44 pm

Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday: Success

This coming week I will bump up to 4 meals, but concentrate on consistantly using smaller portions.

Two weeks in - I virtually quit caffeine, not even tempted to snack (tempted to gorge, maybe :D ) overall feeling a bit more "in controll".

Yay!

Mister Tut

Post by Mister Tut » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:00 pm

Friday & Saturday: Success.
Sunday: Took an S day for Purim, and had 2 chocolate hamentashen. Yum.

Mister Tut

Post by Mister Tut » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:59 pm

Monday: Success!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:25 pm

Sunday: Took an S day for Purim, and had 2 chocolate hamentashen. Yum.
Mmmmmmm!!!!!!!!
I always loved Apricot ones and also Prune filled!
Happy Belated Purim!

When I was a kid, my family put on a show at my kinder shul, and my mother did the dance of the veils... Oh my god! What I wouldn't give to have a video of that performance!!!!

LOL...
Glad things are going pretty smoothly for you Tut!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness