Second Check In, Struggles, Etc.

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

nosman

Second Check In, Struggles, Etc.

Post by nosman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:59 pm

It has been six months since my first check in so I thought it might be time for an update.

First, my weight, listed monthly, continued from my first post:

May 24, 2013 - 179.0 lbs
Jun. 29, 2013 - 183.0
Jul. 25, 2013 - 180.6
Aug. 29, 2013 - 181.0
Sep. 27, 2013 - 184.2

I usually weigh myself once a week and it seems lately that I'm between 184 and 185 quite often. 185 is about as high as I would like to let my weight go so I may need to apply a little more maintenance, but I'm pleased with my continued success.

I continue to workout with the Shovelglove, though as I have noted in other posts, I put it down sometimes in favor of bodyweight workouts. I also continue to jog two or three days a week.

I have also had a couple of struggles over the past six months. I found on several occasions that I was hungry all day and by dinner I would pile my plate high, eat a ton while following the No S rules and feel like crap after. This led me to experiment with intuitive eating. I loved it the first day but felt fat and sloppy by day two and twice returned to No S.

This diet (I tell everyone it's not a diet) really works. Even when I have strayed and tried other things, I have done so consciously and carefully and found that I am happier when I'm not thinking about eating or wondering what to snack on. I'm looking forward to more success and I wish everyone here the best of luck. I'll update in another six months!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks for the update, Jake! Very happy to hear no-s is continuing to work for you.

"Maintenance is progress," so I'm always glad to see updates like these.

May your next six months be more or less like your last (minus a struggle or two), and looking forward to reading about it here,

Reinhard