Chippie's check-in with a question....

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Chippie&co.

Chippie's check-in with a question....

Post by Chippie&co. » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:40 pm

If anyone sees this, I have a question: Are Mondays an off day (as in tough carrying through to the next meal) after s-ing on the weekend?

I weighed in before the weekend, and registered a 5lb loss.
Bought some Walker's English toffee with brazil nuts last Tuesday and saved it for the weekend. I actually lasted and had it on Sunday night. It was wonderful. Also had some choc cake.... and dessert with dinner on Saturday.
Enter Monday: Light- headed, queasy, etc between meals.... barely making it. I didn't really snack between meals on the weeknd, I'm wondering if I've become used to not having the sugar that when I do have it, its not good? My husband suggests that I maybe include some more during the week, so that my system isn't in shock on the weekend. The alternative of course, is to not overdo it on the weekend. Although, I didn't think I had too much.

So, if anyone happens to read this, any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:49 pm

Sometimes I find Mondays to be hard, and sometimes they're a doddle and it's like my body WANTS to get back to eating properly and not sugary junk.

I've noticed that for me, it's worse on the Monday if I eat the sugary stuff on the weekend in isolation. If I only eat the sugary stuff with other things, or directly as part of a meal, then it doesn't seem to be so bad.

I wouldn't start including sugary things BACK into the week though, I think that would be a very bad idea. Perhaps you could experiment with quantity and timing of sugary things on your S days first?

Hope you find something that works for you.
C.
CaroleJo

Kevin

Mondays following Sundays

Post by Kevin » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:26 pm

Mondays to me are either a relief (if I've been eating too much on the weekend) or are a bit of a trial.

Either way, you get through them.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Chippie&co.

Post by Chippie&co. » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:10 pm

Thanks for the input.

Today was a FAILURE. Its as though once I hit a bad streak, I can't stop!!

Had seconds... maybe it was thirds at lunch today.

Anyway, I had an excellent week last week, and hoped to continue in the vein this week. Yesterday wasn't bad until last night- We went swimming,a nd were famished after. Had peanuts, which might have been okay, but then I had to have those cheese puff ball things to round it off.

WEeeeeeeell. Tomorrow is another day.

Thanks again for the input.

Chippie&co.

Chippie's check-in

Post by Chippie&co. » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:46 am

[color=green]Success[/color] hopefully I got the colour right :?

Breakfast: 2 eggs and 1 slice bread, glass of milk

1/2 hr swimming

Lunch: peanut butter sandwich, apple, crystal light

Supper: pork chops, salad, corn on the cob H2O

45mins cardio

pangelsue

Monday, monday,

Post by pangelsue » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:25 am

As the song says, Monday, Monday, can't trust that day. As all the others said, Mondays can go either way. I find that I am looking forward to the structure by Monday but the sugar cravings are always worse. Maybe that is just psychological. I find that reading and writing here really helps especially when I am feeling like giving in. These people are all so supportive. Makes me want to succeed.

Keep after it. You are on the right track.

Chippie&co.

Rainy days and mondays........

Post by Chippie&co. » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:05 pm

I can't even remember what I've been doing since my last post. I've tried to be good, and generally, I have been. :wink:

Thanks 'Sue for the encouragement. I tried to go a little easier on the weekend, mainly n-day mentality, except that I had dessert. :) This seemed to help me when Monday came. So for me, I guess my version of No-S is going to have to be "except that on S days, you're allowed dessert/sweets". The seconds and snacking between meals things just throws me off, even after just 2 days.

The snacking seems to get better, however, my evil self keeps wondering just what could be wrong with having a couple of those new Dibs 'thingammies' after supper? If you have 26 of them (half the container), well THAT I can see being bad...... but 2? c'mon ! :twisted:

Save me, Save me!!

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:12 pm

I think mondays are just rough in everyway. I don't have anything really constructive to add to the thread. *hide*

Chippie&co.

Post by Chippie&co. » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:48 pm

Oh the pressure of always having to be constructive!!!

Not to worry Ceu, permission granted to come out of hiding. :wink:

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:36 pm

thanks for the good wishes on my engagement. :)