Sakira's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sakira

Sakira's Daily Check-In

Post by Sakira » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:20 pm

Day 1 (Fully on Plan for First time): St. Paddy's day - Yesterday.

I posted on my "New Here" most of how my day went on Friday.
Sakira wrote:Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

Its funny how well this is working so far. Today is my first "offical" day on No S. Though I was going to count it as an S day since my family (from irish blood and all) do celebrate, its not working out that way. We have a snack day at work. I went to the table and nothing looked good. I left with a piece of "march b-day cake". It is still sitting here after 2.5 hours. I don't even want it. I ate all of my breakfast, but it took me an hour of nibbling to eat just half my lunch. I tossed the rest an hour ago and I am still stuffed. All I had was one of those Taco Bell Crunch wraps. It has some veggies and stuff , hehe. I hope it stays this easy or even gets easier :lol: I'll be starting a Post on the Daily Check in at the end of the day.
I did end up eating the piece of cake because it was my treat for the day, but it didn't taste good. Even though sugar was the one thing I hadn't taken out yet, I had reduced it. It was just too sweet. At least I had it with my dinner of beefstew at 6:15. I didn't eat anything else after that either.

I'd say it was a success. I am down 6-7 pounds from 2 "tester" weeks on No-S. *Also explained on my original post*. Pounds aren't what I care about. I don't want to be skinny. I am 25, happily married (no children), and rather cute as I am :0). I just want to be healthy and get out of the 20's (a 26 currently) in clothes. I'd really like to be a 14-16, I'd be very happy at 18. It would be nice to be more comfortable on planes too. I am going out of the country next year, and that is a LONG flight. :lol:

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:32 pm

Day 2: S-day = Success
Day 3: S-day = Success

I didn't over do anything on these days, but I enjoyed them. I had a pint of ice cream ( 1/2 each day). At dinner on Satruday the Hubby and I shared a brownie dessert which we didn't finish. Otherwise no snacking or seconds. Notice Sugar is more of my problem to give up?? Today is my first N day. We'll see how that goes later :D

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:34 pm

Day 4 (Monday 20th): Success or Failure?

I did really great all day. I had received a bit of bad news that stressed me out. I was really depressed all day, because I found out 2 of my closest friends are moving away. It broke my heart. On top of that, they are moving NOW. Bah. So I did cave and have a late snack. It wasn't a sweet though. So I only messed up one S. I just didn't know if it counted due to the situation. May be it was an S day?

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:43 pm

Day 5 (Tuesday 21st): Success!

I had my 3 meals and no mess ups. I thought there might be though. I had ate dinner early (4:30ish instead of 6:15pm). I hadn't ate my fruit and only wanted a sandwich, so I was really worried that I'd cave. Nope. Nothing until breakfast this morning :) I wasn't even hungery. I'll be having extra fruit today though.

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:17 pm

hello there. I'm sorry to hear your friends are moving away. here's to happier news. :)

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:33 pm

Ceu -- Thank you! Thankfully the going away lunch is on Saturday. I'm going to be a mess!

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:23 pm

Day 6 (wed. 22): Success!

No funny stuff. Just a typical day. I'll post a link to my site once I get up dated. I have a blog on there which will be a daily diary into my life in gernal as well as my progress. I have pictures and such up already.

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:57 pm

Day 7: Today

I thought I would go ahead and say that today will have funny stuff. My friends that are leaving on sunday asked me out to dinner tonigt. I had already started nibbling on my food I brought to work. I choose to work 2nd shift. I think it has helped not to cheat. Any way, I don't get off until 8pm and they want to eat then. I'm not going to finish the sandwich I have and will have something very small later. We tried to find something other than eatting to do, but they are all packed up so their place is out,my place is farther away, it will be late, and I have work the next day. I don't think this counts as an S day and I may have to start my count over tomorrow, but I'm going :wink:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:50 pm

Hi Sakira!
I think it's totally okay to call today an S day since you are having your special night out with your friends... I thought you said they were moving..
Unless all of your friends start moving every week, I don't think this will harm your overall progress.. I think you need to keep a positive outlook and not get psyched out..
Well, it's up to you, but I think you can just include today as an extra planned S day..
It sounds pretty special to me..

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ps.. I like your avatar! It's so glamourous! LOL...
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:01 pm

Deb -- Yes they moved. Saturday was our "Last Lunch". Everthing went well until the good-byes. We had a large group and every one was upset. Terrance and I were closest though. I held up pretty good until he wouldn't let me go and he started crying. So naturally I did too! :(

Turns out all the stress upset me enough that I got sick too. So I really think I over did everything the last few days.Instead of calling them s days and keep on going, Im calling it a slip and starting over. Lets hope day 1 is a success.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:47 pm

I'm sorry Sakira...
Just as a little consolation, you will always have your friends, no matter where they move in the world..
I have several friends who started out in NY and ended up thousands of miles away.. Even though it would be great if they were nearer at times, we are often on each others minds and our friendship is eternal...

By the way, very nice photo! You are pretty~
Have a nice week girl!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ceu

Post by ceu » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:39 pm

take it easy on yourself. close friends moving is a major life change for you. I echo Deb's sentiments, very pretty picture. :)

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:39 pm

Day 1b - A Work in Progress:

Okay, shovelglove is not my friend! It probably doesn't help the lightest I could find was 8# to start with instead of 6 or such.So, i did trim the work out down alittle, but did the full 14 min. My butt has been kickth. Im going to slowly beef up the walking. I walk 6 blocks ( 1/2 mile a day?) on top of the usual walking around at work. I'm adding anouther 6 blocks today(total 1 mile?). Then I have to make sure I start walking on the weekends more.

Deb & Ceu -- Thats really sweet of you to say. Thanks! Its not my best pic, but thought I'd let people know who I am. I have the ok from reinhard to link to NOS so I will work on updated my site and post a link on here.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:05 pm

The first few SG workouts are really killers!!!
It gets better after that!
Congrats on starting...
Keep it up!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:47 pm

Wow, I have been soooo MIA. I thought March was bad month. April is a bit screwy itself. After every piece of good news comes bad so far. My best friends and I sat on the phone and looked online to get her a flight here in May. That is AWESOME news. The a close friends step-father (like a 2nd dad to him) dies. :( Bill was an awesome, awesome man. He will truely be missed. Then there have been little things ever other day and its only the 11th! "And this, too, shall pass".

So to sum it up, I haven't been on plan, but I tried to behave as best as i could. I haven't gained, and as of this morning, I have actually lost a little more. I'm hoping to restart for the 3rd and finally time.

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:15 pm

D1c (yesterday):

No funny stuff. I behaved rather well. The hard part won't be today either. Tomorrow we have a "Bake Off" at work. I'll have to make my Banana Split Cheese Cake for the contest, but I will try NOT to eat anything other than the food i pack. *crosses fingers*

So far so good today too. Though, I haven't ate yet.