Everyday cleaning systems

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
losingforgood

Everyday cleaning systems

Post by losingforgood » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm in the same boat. I think I finally came up with a system that will work for me. My iPhone has a task list system where I can list what tasks I want done. I can designate a day or not. If it's a daily tasks, I can set it to repeat every day. If it's a weekly, monthly or yearly task, then I set it to repeat for that frequency. I can also divide my tasks into seperate lists (I.e. Shopping, chores, laundry, exercise, etc.). It takes a while to set up, but once you do, you only have to add tasks that aren't on a regular basis, as needed, or any new task you think of. Do I follow it perfectly? No. But it is helping me focus a little better. To up the anty in accountability, I have my habitcals as a second tool so that I can actually see which habits I need the most work on. Each days' assigned chores is one of them. I just started these habitcals yesterday, so we'll see how I progress through my habits over The next few months. It sounds like a complicated way of keeping myself on task, having 2 tools, but I think this will really help my brain seperate what needs to be done from how well I'm sticking to my goals. So that's one idea... Having the repeatable task task list and a habitcal...or habitcals.
I Corinthians 10:13-14; "No temptation has ceased you except what is common to man..."