Ice Crusher!!!

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
gratefuldeb67

Ice Crusher!!!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:26 am

I haven't been SG'ing too often these days guys, but wanted to let you all know that if you ever need to make crushed ice in a ziplock bag to put on a kids black eye in an emergency, SG does the trick,,,, And some!!!!LOL.....

First I smashed my scale with it...Last year I opened a coconut with it,,,now I'm crushing ice.. :lol:
Who know what next!

Functional uses for sledghammers continues....

Hope you are all having a great week!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:09 am

As long as this isn't next :

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 262252.htm
Sledgehammer-wielding thieves swipe $200K in diamonds
Associated Press
PLEASANTON, Calif. - Two sledgehammer-wielding thieves smashed a jewelry store display case and swiped more than $200,000 in engagement rings and diamonds in a brazen midday mall heist, police said.

The duo stormed the Zales jewelry store at the Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton wearing black hats, heavy coats and gloves Monday morning and made off with the loot in less than a minute, Pleasanton police Detective Pat Walsh said Tuesday.

They threatened to shoot a mall security guard who chased them, but no firearm was seen, Walsh said. The men escaped in a maroon 1990s GMC Yukon.

A surveillance video captured the heist, but police did not immediately identify any suspects or make any arrests.

Investigators believe the same men are behind four similar robberies since mid-March, Walsh said.

A sledgehammer has been used in jewelry heists at stores in Davis, Stockton, Burlingame and San Francisco, he said.

"Based on their m.o. and the apparent pattern, it looks like they're very good at what they do," he said.

Though it is functional, you got to hand it to them.

I'm waiting for the day when someone tries to hold me up with a sledgehammer. "That's not a sledghammer," I'll say whipping out my miraculously concealed 20 pounder, "This is a sledgehammer."

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:34 pm

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

That was great Reinhard!
You have to come up with some new move based on that scenario...
Maybe, "Crack the safe"? LOL.. :)

And thanks for the idea!
If massage doesn't work out, maybe I'll become some kind of Sledge Wielding Vigilante! :D

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Kevin

Nice cultural reference

Post by Kevin » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:53 pm

It's been years since Crocodile Dundee. I didn't think I'd ever hear that turn of phrase. Nice work!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."