Masked Lioness' Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Maskedlioness

Masked Lioness' Daily Check In

Post by Maskedlioness » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:21 am

Hey all. I need a little control in my diet, so I thought I'd give this the go ahead. It has to be better than crash dieting on Atkins.

Day 1: SUCESS.

Despite the fact that my husband is eatting razzleberry pie without me. :shock:

I'm really addicted to the sweet flavor and caffine, so I'll keep drinking diet coke and crystal light for now.

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:40 am

ooohhhh...razzleberry pie! that's my favorite! :twisted: Hey, it's ok to drink diet drinks if that is what you like...personally i find regular pop too sweet and i love the taste of crystal light.

welcome and congrats on your success! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:35 pm

Yeah, it's really tasty. I had some on Sunday. I'm not use to full sugar soda any more. I've been trying to get off of diet coke because I don't like my caffine addition, but since I can't make it through my day without a soda or cup of coffee/tea and my life is wicked busy, it's just not something I've been able to give up. At least I usually stop at one. :?

Good to meet you!

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:35 am

Day 2: SUCCESS :)

I was worried that I'd snack after getting home at 8 pm since that is my routine and I had an early dinner (4:30 pm), but a cup of tea has kept me on the straight and narrow. I'll probably be really hungury in the morning.

I'm on day 2 for the shovelgloving too and I started to really feel it in my biceps today.

Worried about tomorrow. Wednesday is my game night and I tend to munch on the cookies that are brought to bribe our GM. I might save out some carrots from dinner to tied me. Wish me luck!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:31 am

Welcome! You seem to be off to a good start!

Planning ahead for a temptation (Wed. night cookies) is a good thing. I like the idea of saving carrots from your dinner plate to munch on later.

ceu

Post by ceu » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:44 am

Maskedlioness wrote:Day 2: SUCCESS :)
Worried about tomorrow. Wednesday is my game night and I tend to munch on the cookies that are brought to bribe our GM. I might save out some carrots from dinner to tied me. Wish me luck!
LOL Friday is my game night. I'm bringing spring rolls to appease my GM. I'm hoping to be able to hold out and not eat any. I hope it went well.

ps. what do you play? My gm runs a rolemaster campaign.

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:30 am

Day 3: SUCESS!

Well, kinda. I did resist the siren call of the cookies, but had a little sugar in my coffee today and a big lunch. Chinese resturants always serve to much.

Ceu, We're playing new WOD: Mage currently. The game went really late tonight (11:30 pm). I'm not really familiar with rolemaster. How is it? :)

My husband says he's going to bake me cookies on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it, assuming he doesn't burn the apartment down in the mean time. :twisted:

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:06 am

Day 4: Sucess. But I'm tired and I have to take an early dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays that leaves me kinda hungry by this time of day.

ceu

Post by ceu » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:28 am

good work on resisting the cookies! it's a good feeling knowing, if you still want any of the "siren-call" items, you can have them with no-guilt on your s-days.

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:40 pm

Day 5: SUCCESS!

And today is my first S-day. :) I dreamt about eating chocolate and cookies last night.

Have a good weekend folks.

ceu

Post by ceu » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:59 pm

ooh enjoy! I'm sitting here planning an indulgence myself. I'm not sure what yet. :)

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:07 am

Day 8: Mostly a Success.

Well it's only day 5 if I'm not suppose to count S-days, but it was still a reasonably successful one despite a sore throat and a little head cold. My husband accidentally made brown-sugared ham tonight for dinner. He says that it's a "B", so it doesn't count. :lol:

I over did it a bit this last weekend on the cookies, but I imagine better control will come in time.

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:14 pm

Day 9: Success.

Although I'm sick now, so I'm not really working out. bleh.

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:33 pm

Maskedlioness wrote:Day 9: Success.

Although I'm sick now, so I'm not really working out. bleh.
take care of yourself and get better.

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:18 am

Day 10: Failure.

Not a real serious one, I went back for an apple at lunch time when my miso soup wasn't enough and I ran into a friend and had a chai with him after I dragged myself to class.

I'm feeling better. Skipping work and sleeping more helped a lot.

Back on the bandwagon tomorrow.

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:00 am

Day 11: Success. Despite the persistance of my cold. I've been sleeping a lot more.

Day 12: Failture. But its St. Patty's Day and I've planned for it so I don't feel bad. I'll try to eat well over the weekend to make up for the minor slip. I just had a little more to drink (alchohol wise) than usual.

Cheers!
Duchess Mew - A fun webcomic set in Mystical Europe. Click my "Web" button to see. :)

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:04 pm

Hey, I'm taking a week off from No-Es due to being unable to eat solid food. I've got a blocked/swollen gland in my left cheek combined with my TMJ acting up. Hopefully it will only take a week to improve and in the mean time I'm going to do my best to get enough calories to keep moving.
Duchess Mew - A fun webcomic set in Mystical Europe. Click my "Web" button to see. :)

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:09 pm

Hi Lioness,

Get well soon! In the meantime, don't forget that Sick starts with an S anyway, so you don't even need to take a break from NoS, just do what you need to do in order to get well as quickly as possible.

C.
CaroleJo

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:48 pm

Well, I'm better and back on track again. I guess I'll call yesterday day 13 to pick up where I left off.

Day 13: Failure. I ended up participating in an unplanned Chinese tea ceremony and I didn't feel that I could refuse the food involved. A snack and sweet failure on my first day back. Not so good. :?

Hopefully today will be better.

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:01 am

Day 14: Success! Not much to say except silken tofu just doesn't fill me up like I feel it should. I just seem to need grains to feel full for a long time. I had a chicken and garlic personal size pizza for dinner, so I'm good for the long haul tonight.

Just unwinding with a small glass of wine and finishing the paper that I've been beating myself up over. :)

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:23 pm

when I used to be a vegetarian I found protein PLUS whole grains was the most satisfying. Good for you on working on your paper. :)

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:53 pm

Hm...I'll be sure to add something next time. I'm not really a vegetarian, I just like tofu. :) Weird, I know.

Day 15: Success! Got through another game session without cookies, but I've been forgetting to Shovelglove.

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:49 am

Whoops. I guess I'm a bit behind on updating this.

Thursday/Day 16: Sucess! I had a "skinny" day too, which was very nice compared to the "fat" days I usually have.

Friday/Day 17: Sucess!

I checked my weight this morning and I'm down a total of 5 pound from when I started No-S!

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:36 am

Monday/Day 20: Sucess!

Tuesday/Day 21: Sucess! Woot! Made it my first 21ish days without realizing it. I've dropped 5 pounds in that time and really pretty happy with my new habits.

Had fried polenta with apple slices for dinner. Very tasty.

:)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:51 am

That's great Masked Lioness!!!!!
Congratulations on your big success of 21 days on habit!

If you didn't even realize it, then you really must be getting habitualized :)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:08 am

I think from now on I'm going to post weekly updates.

Week 4: Sucess! All around success, although I've been longing for snacks in the evenings lately. I seem to have dropped another pound, which is great. :) (Pity my bathroom scale is so crummy)

If you are celebrating a holiday this weekend, have a good one! Everyone else, have a good weekend!

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:24 pm

Week 5: Sucess! With a little virtual plate wiggling on Friday since we couldn't broil the steak and bake the biscuits at the same time.

pangelsue

Congratulations

Post by pangelsue » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:05 pm

You are an awesome force!!! Wow, 5 weeks. Keep on keepin' on, Maskedlioness!!