Birthday check-in, lost 33 pounds in 9 months!!!

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

little lion

Birthday check-in, lost 33 pounds in 9 months!!!

Post by little lion » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi!!

I started no-s back in July and weighed in at 205. I had recently had a baby and had gained 50lbs. I lost 20 lbs post-partum but had been stuck for a few months when I decided to start no-s. I have had my red days and green days but the longer I do it the easier N days are.
I weighed myself today and saw that I have lost 33 lbs!!! Which means I have lost all my baby weight!! Today is my 37th birthday and this is a great gift to myself.
I have told many people about no-s and nobody believes me. They all have a reason why it works for me but won't for them. I just tell them to try it and they will see.
I love no-s and i don't see how I will ever not follow it. It makes sense, it is incredibly easy, and I still get everything I love. I have always struggled with my weight so I am curious where I will end up following no-s. Right now I don't really have a goal to reach, just following my S and N days.
Now that I have been no-Sing for awhile I really can't believe how much people eat. I had a meeting at work in the afternoon and of course they had food, which everyone but I ate. I was blown away by everyone filling up their plates. All of the constant snacking I see. It makes complete sense why we as a culture struggle with obesity and weight related health problems. We are constantly eating!!
start date: July 16 start weight: 205
One year Anniversary weight: 169

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:37 am

Congratulations! What a wonderful testimony! It's extremely inspiring to hear this and I had to laugh when you mentioned the excuses why this won't work for others: I have had a similar experience.

Also: Happy Birthday!!!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:09 am

Congratulations on your loss!!!

You are so right about the excuses, but I guess until we are ready to really face the facts and accept responsibility for our actions (gluttony in many cases) we all have loads of excuses.

Looking forward to seeing where this journey takes you.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Happy birthday and congratulations! That is very impressive -- nothing makes me want to attack the fridge more than extended quality time with my darling little children and of course I can't even begin to understand the added challenged presented by the physical challenges of new mom-hood.

It's so true about people not believing No-s. I think it's too obvious. Perhaps if we hinted there's some mysterious secret you only get to find out about after a year on the system... the forth S, the silent S or something.

Reinhard

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:56 pm

LoL Reinhard! I'll start telling people about the mysterious S after a year on the system asap. I bet they'll bite!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

little lion

Post by little lion » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Haha! The silent S. Satisfaction? Self esteem? Self confidence?

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
start date: July 16 start weight: 205
One year Anniversary weight: 169

Nay-Nay

Post by Nay-Nay » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Congratulations! That is terrific! :D

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Mon May 05, 2014 6:50 pm

The fourth S: "See? Told ya." :)

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue May 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Woo Hoo!