I'm Back Starting Over!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

friscobob

I'm Back Starting Over!

Post by friscobob » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:16 am

I was doing so good losing a lot of weight, when a series of misfortunes came upon me, and I lost my resolve. All looks good now, and I begin anew. Best regards, Bob

Samurai

Join the Party

Post by Samurai » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:49 am

There are a lot of resurrected Nossers coming back to the fold, Bob. I'm one, too. Join the party! The more, the merrier. :)
One should not be envious of someone who has prospered by unjust deeds. Nor should he disdain someone who has fallen while adhering to the path of righteousness. - Imagawa Sadayo (1325-1420)

pangelsue

Welcome back

Post by pangelsue » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:34 am

Life goes in cycles. Go with the flow and all will be well. Welcome back.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:20 pm

Hi Bob! Welcome back!!! :D
Sorry about your serious of misfortunes... That stinks!!!
I hope all improves!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

friscobob

Thanks!

Post by friscobob » Mon May 01, 2006 1:16 am

It's nice to be back on the program again, and hopefully this time all the way to my targeted weight. Best regards, Bob

friscobob

So Far So Good!

Post by friscobob » Mon May 01, 2006 6:44 pm

I'm doing fine, back on the program again and doing calisthenics. I'm back on course. Best regards, Bob