Is skipping meals against the No S rules?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

alicerabbit

Is skipping meals against the No S rules?

Post by alicerabbit » Thu May 22, 2014 10:58 am

I don't mean PLANNING to skip meals to speed up weight loss or anything. I mean if you have a busy evening and don't make time for dinner on any given day, or wake up late which makes 3 meals not necessary, or are not hungry at lunch or breakfast one day etc.
One step back, two steps forward!:)

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu May 22, 2014 11:13 am

Hi Alicerabbit!

I sometimes skip breakfast as I'm too busy but I only skip lunch or dinner if I feel physically sick or not at all hungry with no prospect of feeling hungry for a long time to come.

On weekends I often only have 2 meals and some sweets.

So no, it's not forbidden but the more you can get used to a routine (3 meals or 2 meals or 4, whatever you decide) the easier it will be to train your body not to want to snack.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

anra

Post by anra » Thu May 22, 2014 11:39 am

hi alicerabbit,

i sometimes wait for the breakfast hunger to come and then it is already so late that i eat lunch earlier and then dinner as usual.

on the weekends we tend to have breakfast, a late lunch/early dinner and then just tea (with the occasional treats).

my husband sometimes isn't hungry in the evening and he just skips dinner and has tea and a few nuts instead.

i tend to leave a meal out if it just happens "naturally".

hope you are doing well on the no-s-lifestyle =)

love+light,
anra
simplicity is the purest form of elegance.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu May 22, 2014 11:59 am

I usually don't eat breakfast and have lunch and dinner as usual.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Ursula

Post by Ursula » Fri May 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi, Alicerabbit! What a great question! I thought if I skipped a meal on an N day it automatically became a red day.

Thanks for asking and thanks to everyone else for answering and giving me one more reason to â¤ï¸ No S.
49 years old
5'6"
5-14-14: 144.4 (NoS Reboot)

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."
Victor Frankl

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri May 23, 2014 4:48 pm

There's no rule about how many meals we should eat. The automatic assumption is three, but 2-4 is fine. If missing a meal doesn't cause problems, don't worry about it.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

germanherman

Post by germanherman » Mon May 26, 2014 6:17 am

Let's remember the rules:

NO sweets!
NO snacks!
NO seconds!

There is no "NO skipping meals" rule.

So you are fine as long as skipping a meal doesn't lead to problems with the other rules (looking at you snacks!). Though it may take a little bit longer to build a standard-meal habbit.
Spend over 450 Dollar on some Systems, Gadgets and courses = Zero Results

Spend 15 Bucks for a Shovelglove + NoS-Diet= ;)

German by nature