Is there a system to get me to bed on time

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
CuriousAT

Is there a system to get me to bed on time

Post by CuriousAT » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:09 am

My biggest concern these days is getting to bed on time. :( A change in this habit would help yield hundreds (ok I'm exaggerating!) of positive results.

I was wondering if there was already a system for this?

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Here are some ideas:

1. Make a habitcal to track "in bed by 10pm" (or whatever your target time is)

2. Set the alarm earlier so you know you need to get to bed on time to wake up earlier. Set an additional habitcal for "get up by 6am" or whatever your target time is. I think these two things really work in tandem, as Ben Franklin wisely and practically and pithily pointed out in his famous dictum. I use my early hour in the morning to do stuff I can't do otherwise, while everyone else is still sleeping. So it's an hour I really value and look forward to, and that helps me get out of bed.

3. Have children. They get up early and will make you get up too; they have no snooze button. They will exhaust you to such a degree that you will simply keel over at the first opportunity.

Reinhard

CuriousAT

Post by CuriousAT » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Well, I suppose I can do that. Added this to habical day before yesterday. Failed yesterday. Gah!

The funny thing is that I always get up on time. Always. It is ridiculous. I am supposed to wake up by 8 AM to 8:30 AM. So irrespective of whether I went to bed at 12 or at 4 AM (it has been known to happen), I always wake up at 7:40ish, snooze a bit, and wake up by 8 to 8:15.

As a result, I make an ass of myself the rest of the day because I am too groggy to pay attention to anything. And yes, it increases my already intense craving for sweets.

The Ben Franklin quote (of sorts) helps though. I just need to think of something. :)