Monday Morning Mass... changed to monthly morning mass

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
abelincoln

Monday Morning Mass... changed to monthly morning mass

Post by abelincoln » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:06 pm

it might be a small thing to have a everyday system for but it keeps me from weighing in too much and too often and one way mass is measured is by weighing. I would be surprised if someone hasn't thought of this yet the goal is to weigh in every morning on Monday before you drink after the bathroom and habitcal it.

and also to keep track and monitor it weekly use either an app or a chart or something

... updated 1/19/2015
Ive changed to weighing monthly on the first before 10am. This is easier to remember and probably less of a nuisance to me
Last edited by abelincoln on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

aspencer27

Post by aspencer27 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:55 pm

I love the name! I've been trying to think of a snappy name for my decluttering system, but I've got nothing. Any witty ideas?

abelincoln

Post by abelincoln » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Naw.. it will just come to you i am sure

I'm usually not very comical or enlightened when i get put on the spot...

But by decluttering, its house tasks? I like decluttering better than "cleaning" which i use on my daily cards

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:35 am

Hahaha! I thought this would be a completely different discussion, just looked out of curiosity.

I would never get caught dead on a scale on Mondays just after S days. I used to weigh Wednesdays (pretty fair bang in the middle) and sometime even Fridays (yes, it might be cheating).

Well, actually, I came from weighing daily, keeping track in my diary and comparing to the previous week/s. Now I aim to weigh fortnightly and am much happier for it - you can actually see a change. Eventually, I'd love to weigh monthly but fortnightly is struggle enough for now.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:55 pm

I weigh rather haphazardly lately, but if I'm going to be "official" about it, and I tend to be official at the change of the seasons-though skipped this fall one- I weigh for one week every day and average the seven days.

I adopted the habit of averaging daily weighings once a week from following The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet back in the mid-90's. BTW, after losing weight on that, I went on to gain about 45 lbs. Watching the climbing weight didn't seem to stop me.

Long ago, I was on a long trip in India. I did a lot of walking, of course, and I also decided that I would try to be sure to be hungry for meals. I got to the point at which I was basically having two meals a day, plus a latte. (Yes, a latte in India.) I had no access to scales or calorie charts. However, not long before I headed home (to face adult life) after having lived overseas for about three years, I weighed myself on one of those huge public scales. I weighed nearly 20 lbs. less than I do now. I weighed even less than I did when I was a freshman in high school.

I try very hard not to allow myself to think of weight goals much lower than I weigh now, though in this culture, it does take work. I cannot imagine recreating the life I had back then, though something similar might happen after I retire. A weight that requires that I basically be a poor but carefree tourist in order to maintain it isn't likely to happen.

If a health condition forced me to get stricter in my intake, it's possible and even likely that I would lose more. But without that extra pressure, here I maintain.

Happy weighing- or not!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)