Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First time! Shovelglove, Indian clubs, and more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jibaholic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: First time! Shovelglove, Indian clubs, and more. Reply with quote

I'm a racquet sports guy and I've got a new habit going of waking up, giving the dog his HIIT workout (50 yard sprints with a jog recovery - AKA "fetch"), and then I do my hit workout - 30 minutes of volleys against the wall in the basement. So today I woke up at 5:40 instead of 5:55 and added shovelglove after my hitting session.

I've learned a few things about life after 40 so even though I own an 8 pound sledge, I started with an actual shovel. It was pretty easy but I can definitely see that it would be challenging with more weight. If I'm not sore then I'll use the 8 pound sledge tomorrow.

However, I was thinking a lot about my routine and ended out watching a lot of Indian Club videos on youtube. I've been trying to sort out shovel glove vs. Indian clubs.

Indian Clubs - relatively light weight clubs (there are plenty of exceptions) in balanced and symmetric movements with an emphasis on shoulder and wrist strength and mobility.

Shovelglove - relatively heavy weights in unbalanced movements with an emphasis on deep strength through the back and grip.
slothlike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you start Shovelgloving with your sledge?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: