Reinhard's Sample Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:04 am

Hi Deb,

Sorry for the way delayed response!

I've been doing OK following my systems -- I just don't have the bandwidth anymore for actually tracking them. Have no worries, my compliance with all the systems I was reporting on here remains high. I do do a low tech compliance monitoring on my daily cards. So theoretically one day I could throw them all into a super smart scanner of some sort and we'll have exact numbers again.

Reinhard