Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

handcuffed by logic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abelincoln

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: handcuffed by logic Reply with quote

The s day framework is great...

Is there any other things dropped/kept on s days.

Im speaking specifically about shovelglove... and unplanned s days

Right now, i sort of try and keep somewhat virtuous even on s days, ie urban ranger

But if its a particularly stressful unplanned s day...

I guess thats one reason to stick to only a few like that a month
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi abelincoln,

What I do is pretty simple:

shovelglove on N-days, no shovelglove on S-days.

I don't really have a whole lot of unplanned S-days (sick days, hospital visits for the kids etc.) so when they do happen I don't worry about them (rough rule of thumb is 2 or less a month of non-weekend S-days are to be expected and fine). My S-days are pretty relaxed. Urban ranger isn't something I actively worry about since it's engineered into my daily routine (walking to work, mostly).

Hope this helps? Anything else you're concerned about?

Reinhard
abelincoln

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really but I welcome others to discuss their thoughts I was mainly concerned about the fact that I have taken several unplanned S days in a row because the mother in law was in town but I probably worried most about shovel glove I just really need to get back on track and I didn't want any confusion about shovel glove but I'll be back shugging again today

thanks a million reinhard
slothlike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an old query, but I'll throw my two cents in anyway. The occasional unplanned S day isn't a big deal, but when you're having multiples of them, it shows that you haven't built the habit. My rule is never miss two in a row, find a way to make it happen - a minimal workout is only 14 minutes, everyone has 14 minutes that they can squeeze in somewhere.
abelincoln

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are probably right since my life is more disorganized and unscheduled than most it might take me longer to develop a good habit then it would someone else I should mention that right now I let stress get the better of me and I'm not trying really to do anything I think the worst habit that crept back is eating at night I know that it is not part of reinhards teachings to give up completely and then later on when your life gets less hectic start back up but that is what I have let stress do to me what can I say I have trouble following the rules but maybe one day I will get it right thank you for your input I appreciate that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: