back yet again...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

doulachic

back yet again...

Post by doulachic » Fri May 26, 2006 8:48 pm

ok, so after a few months i am back...AGAIN...to noS. i have let the busyness and stress of life get to me i think and just put myself on the back burner, i guess....well, life is settling down for the summer and it is time to get myself back in gear and get healthy!
Basically i have just completely backslidden into old habits of overeating and eating TOO MANY sweets! and no exercise of course. so as of Monday i am back at NoS and am going to start walking. (who knows Deb, i may even sign up for that free yoga class yet! :lol: )

anyway, i am going nowhere by having no plan, except gaining weight, grrr...so it makes sense to come back to NoS where there is a structure, but still freedom.

looking forward to posting SUCCESS here! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

Laff

Post by Laff » Fri May 26, 2006 9:53 pm

Tricia---I could have written this post! Good for you for getting back on track. Sometimes life is just not so easy. I am happy to be an urban ranger but I still haven't got the eating under control. Why do we let stress do this to us??
Take care of you. :)
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri May 26, 2006 11:18 pm

Hey GF!
I got some peanut butter to go with your bread and jam!

Good to see you again!
I think there was some sort of communal NoS "Flu" or something going around for the past two months... Your not the only NoS disciple who has fallen off the "path".... LOL...
I know I did, and especially regarding exercise... A few others have admitted this too... But sooooo much better to just come back two months later and not two years later after lots of damage could happen...
Good for you!
(who knows Deb, i may even sign up for that free yoga class yet! )
Yeah!!!!... Get thee to a Yoga Ashram :) (Or at least a studio! LOL..)
You won't regret it!
ps... You have created a new "favorite" word here today...
Backslidden!!!

Love it!!!
Slide on back to NoS! You know it just takes loads of practice!
You can do it~
(Don't worry about being perfect!)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat May 27, 2006 2:18 am

Welcome back!

Deb is, as usual, correct. Don't worry about being perfect. C is a passing grade! Winston Churchill failed the 6th grade, Louis Pasteur was considered only a mid-level chemist, etc. etc. Just keep on!
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sat May 27, 2006 12:50 pm

thanks for the support all! I love this board... :wink: Yeah, sometimes i feel like the poster child for Reinhard's section on the main page that says something like, "you may fail a few times, or 12 times!"...yep, that's me but i keep on pluggin' along. :P

i think i will actually start today...even though it is an S day, i can still watch my meals and apply the no seconds rule...if i want a treat or snack, fine, but i will wait until i am hungry and actually "need" a snack rather than just giving in cause "I WANT THAT!" Inner child, be quiet! :lol:

Deb, just make sure it's all natural peanut butter as i've made the switch! :lol: I can't believe how much better it tastes!
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

navin

Post by navin » Sat May 27, 2006 1:48 pm

Deb, just make sure it's all natural peanut butter as i've made the switch! Laughing I can't believe how much better it tastes!
I'll second that! I still enjoy Jiff every now and then, and use it for cooking... (maybe it's the fact that their factory is in town and every now and then I can get a whiff of peanut butter being made... subliminal message I guess) but on, say, a PB&J, the natural stuff is the way to go. No trans fats, neither.
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sat May 27, 2006 8:20 pm

actually, my hubby is the one that "made" me switch...The other kind hurts his stomach, but he can have the Adam's natural PB..so one day i just gave it a try instead of the stuff i keep in the cabnets for the kids and there ya go! I think once the other stuff in the cabnets is gone, i will start giving the kids the natural stuff too...seems so much healthier and my 5 yr old daughter is a pb&j devotee! :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:09 am

Welcome back Tricia!

I'm always afraid that vanity and shame will keep people from making the repeated attempts they'll almost certainly have to in order to finally succeed, and I'm so happy when "prodigals" like you overcome them.

I hope this round does it for you, but if not, you've got at least a half dozen more attempts left to still beat the pseudostatistical average. Don't hesitate to come back again and again if that's what it takes.

Reinhard

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:37 am

Thanks Reinhard!

I keep coming back to this because it is the only thing that makes sense! I start reading about other diets and i shudder before i even try them, so maybe someday i'll get it drilled in my head, eh? :lol: Yes, i'll admit that there is some shame, but this board is so supportive that i find it hard to stay away for long.

I do feel good about it this time around, even though i have had a few rough spots, mainly in the sweets area. but right now i am trying to focus on one S at a time: so far i have got the no seconds down and am doing better in the no snacking area (still needs work though), next i will tackle the no sweets...right now i am just trying to eat "healthier" sweets if i do have them..like angel food cake with fresh fruit instead of chocolate cake with gobs of frosting (and i do LOVE angel food cake, so this is no sacrifice).

anyway, thanks and i can promise to keep trying if nothing else! :P
***GRINS***
Tricia

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:50 pm

Hi Tricia:

I'm glad you are back too!!!!

Dru

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:11 am

Thanks Dru! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia