Incredible power of vegetables

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

freegirl

Incredible power of vegetables

Post by freegirl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:37 pm

http://terrywahls.com/minding-your-mito ... xiowacity/

I am not following Paleo diet, and I probably never will. I was focusing on increasing my vegetable intake, even before watching this. Now I am even more convinced that's the right way to go.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:46 pm

I love vegetables, if you have ever read my daily check in you will see that I am gloriously happy with a huge salad filled with colorful fruits and veggies atop a big plate of assorted delicious greens. Dressed with only red wine vinegar......or pomegranate vinegar or garlic vinegar, etc. and a splash of good olive oil or coconut oil, usually topped with chopped boiled egg and freshly grated cheese for protein.

Also love roasted veggies or veggies caramelized in their own juices.

Keep your ice cream sundaes , give me some veggies :D
Berry

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Very interesting. It encourages me to keep in keepin' on.

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:01 pm

That was awesome! I actually got a masticating juicer for Christmas because even as a vegetarian I feel like I eat mostly cooked veggies and I do not eat enough fruit. So here is an example of what I am having this morning sweet potato, two celery, one apple, real ginger, kale...this makes about 8 oz glass and I add back a bit of the pulp...I don't usually do a sweet potato it's usually five carrots...I switch everyday between kale/spinach apples/pears/kiwi celery/bell peppers. Any ways I have this once a day with a boiled egg for one of my meals usually breakfast. I have seen, without meaning to, a drastic reduction in my allergy related asthma...which is caused by my two cats...and my dry winter skin is suddenly not so dry ? This is only after six weeks of having a juice a day. I also feel energetic and have not had my usual winter depression...I do not know if this is the reason but I usually am pretty depressed this time of year. Food for thought LOL.
Kindness is the only way.

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Also I feel over privileged even posting that I got a juicer. Unfortunately the sad truth is so many families can not afford to eat this way, do not have these foods readily available, do not have the time and do not have the education. I am a privileged person with time on my hands. Kind of felt I had to say that. On that note I have to go shovel a bit of SNOW.
Last edited by nbh76 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Wait I forgot about beets...beets are amazing.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Well, yeah, I'm all about eating your veggies. Definitely. I think our broccoli to french fry ratio should definitely be weighted in favor of broccoli.

Where are the clinical trials to the Wahls protocol? My research-fu is failing me. I am seeing a lot of stuff on Amazon, and Dr. Wahls' own site, but I'm not seeing any in the medical journals.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.