I call a mulligan!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mulliganagain

I call a mulligan!

Post by mulliganagain » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:51 pm

I joined a long time ago, evidently wasn't ready to commit to the No S lifestyle, struggled with Weight Watchers and Medifast (knowing it wouldn't last), and now I'm back to No S (at about the same weight that I left No S before). I'm hoping to be able to stick with it more now, because I'm also photo logging my food with an app called TwoGrand.

My main problem is that I'll let myself have "just one bite" or "maybe just a few more", which leads to a binge and defeats the whole spirit of No S! By keeping a photo journal I'm not counting calories or anything, but if I'm honest about what I put in my body I will have to snap a picture of the M&Ms I sneak or the cake batter bowl that I lick and share it for the world to see.

If anyone's on TwoGrand, feel free to add me... my name there is MulliganAgain. They list a bunch of diets to search by to find like minded people, but No S isn't one of them!
Sincerely,
Sarah H.

Starting BMI: 41.03/Current BMI: 33.53/Healthy BMI: 19-24

No S + Following "My Plate Guidelines"

mulliganagain

Post by mulliganagain » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:27 pm

Okay...??? I have no idea what that post from jjourneyy22 is about.

I wanted to start coming back to these boards more often, but I changed jobs so I haven't been able to do much online. However I'm very excited - I've just completed a full month of No S thanks to journaling! And I'm down 6 lbs! Yay! Urge to binge down, and self esteem and relationship with food up up up!
Sincerely,
Sarah H.

Starting BMI: 41.03/Current BMI: 33.53/Healthy BMI: 19-24

No S + Following "My Plate Guidelines"

lin47

Post by lin47 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:29 pm

Good for you! Six pounds is great! Keep up the great work

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:54 am

welcome back Sarah and congratulations on your 6 pounds. That's great! 8)