Bahhhh glass ceiling

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:41 am

How did the popcorn go? Personally I dislike theater popcorn. I make my own at home. (None of that microwave stuff either . . . Real popcorn.) It taste Waaaaay better than theater popcorn. If you make it at home, you could enjoy your popcorn on your s-day. I know people are really into having a snack at the theater but I have to admit it is something I've never understood. The movie is, at most, 2 hours long and you'r sitting. How hungry can you get? I do like to go out for a coffee afterwards. Or, even a meal if it is a later movie time.

I used to live in a place that I had to drive an hour to get anywhere but not anymore. It does get old doesn't it? The driving I mean. I did like the solitude, the silence and the dark. It was actually dark at night. Not like where I live now. I'm never really alone nor is it ever truly quiet or dark. But, I'm not sure it was the best atmosphere for my psyche. Left to my own devices, I'm far too introspective and reclusive.

My husband is good for me in that respect. He is easily bored and encouages me to be more active in pursuing goals. You can think of it as: living life on my terms as opposed to comptemplating what life is.

Well, I'm certainly in a philosophical mood today. Sorry for stealing you thread.

What I really want to know is: did you make it?

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:20 pm

I love everything you wrote. The popcorn thing is really weird because I am a food "snob" ...I like real ingrediants, no plastic, no microwave, grind my coffee, grate my cheese...homemade bread. I do eat junk on occasion but you know what I mean I should't want to eat this crap ! But I do and I LOVE IT.

We are trying to now move closer to civilization and the only way we will be able to is if it also has a rental...I will never really be alone and I know that will be a real adjustment. I too could easily be happy being reclusive...I am pushing for this move though...I think I need to get out of my comfort zone. This is introspective Saturday and we are the keepers of the thoughts.

I didn't go yesterday just so I would be able to have a 21 day win...it was a nice day too so I took advantage of it...good trade off...

I SOOOO MADE IT!!! I am waiting until the official Sunday to join the 21 day post...LOL... I would not have made it however if I had any drinks and I am pretty sure I lost weight...going to weigh myself in a bit...before I go to the movies...LOL
Kindness is the only way.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:47 pm

Yay!!!! Excellent work! I think saving the movies for today was a great choice now you can enjoy it thoroughly! Nothing wrong with a little junk food thrown in with your wholesome, high-quality meals now and then. For me it's pwerfully nostalgic and I'm happy to indulge it now & then.

Good luck with the move situation. I need space & my alone time so having renters would be hard but sometimes we have to make those hard trade offs. Anyway you could always move to Arizona where the housing is cheap and there's no daylight savings to boot! 😉

Have a great weekend!

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:03 pm

I'm left speechless :shock: but very happy for you :lol: Now, Ready to roll up your sleeves for the next 21 days?

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Thanks you guys!
I guess I am going to try and do another 21 btw. I really like No S and am pretty happy that I have actually taken it seriously for once. Also I hesitate to mention this but I lost 14 lbs...yep I am not kidding. I will also mention that I have stopped drinking the same amount of days...the one glass or three a night was definitely keeping me from sticking to No S. I am super curious if another 21 will show ( not 14 lbs obviously ) a good loss again. I have known for awhile that my weight situation is caused by my nightly drinking...extra calories and then I would eat something too and then go to bed...tooo late.

I am my own experiment...LOL !

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Get out of town! !! 14 pound? You would have won the weight loss challenge for sure. I'm really really happy for you.

Oh, and I keep forgetting to ask: what is the painting you use for your advatar? I feel like I know it but can't place it.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:38 am

Yay-you are awesomeness!!! 14 lbs is pretty darn impressive. I'll try not to be too envious! But seriously you're doing great. Breaking those unhealthy habits is no small deal!

Keep up the great work!

Linda :D

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:11 am

Hi nbh76-
Wow, congrats on the weight loss! That's super. And on the cutting back on evening drinks... and the snacking they bring along.
Here's to the next 21 day challenge (raises her coffee cup).
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:40 pm

THANKS you guys !!! The little voices help too don't they ?! Everyone have a great week!

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Monday day 1... Success
Tuesday day 2 Success 😬

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Wednesday day 3 ...GREEN tired of typing success...bahhhh just typed it...this challenge will be Green in honor of SPRING...it is here somewhere...isn't it?!

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Green in honor of spring . . . I like that.

I've been using the "I can have it later" (with no specified time for later) mantra and I think it is changing how I approach the food/drink that I'm working on limiting. In general terms, I just care less.

Snow update: ours Is gone. Just waiting for the first buds now. 8) [/u]

lin47

Post by lin47 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:53 pm

You're doing terrific! Keep up the good work!

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:32 pm

Thursday day 4 GREEN...and Happy Spring 😎

I am a little concerned about today...we have family showing up for the memorial service tomorrow for my lovely Uncle who passed in January. I am not going to dull myself with alcohol and tomorrow is an S day...I have a plan for today though so I am sure I will do it.

Gingerpie I am using both those ideas btw...the I will just have it later AND the use of positive words. It is funny, the more you do those things...the more you put those words into action.

I am very jelouse that you have no snow...pshhhhh only things growing here are the herbs I planted inside...and if Mr. dewey ( the cat ) keeps chomping on the chives I will have to change them to Basil ! ( I am so stern LOL )

THANKS lin47 !

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Friday day 5 GREEN 🌸 go spring!

Days 6 & 7 S days...! Going to get through this weekend...most if it will be awesome.

lin47

Post by lin47 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:50 pm

nbh76, I'm sorry about your uncle.

I'm sure you'll get through this weekend just fine!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:01 am

So sorry about your uncle too. I hope today went okay for you.

The rembering I can have something later helps me a lot too. When I'm tempted to eat between meals I remember my next meal isn't usually too far away & I can have what ever I want (except sweets). I try to eat healthy but if Im having a particularly strong craving for something, I go for it. If I want something sweet, I remind myself I can have it on the next S day & it's fun to plan for those special sweets.

Anyway sorry for the tangent, but hope you have a nice weekend.

Linda 😀

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:23 am

Thanks you guys...my uncle was a very special person which was evident by his beautiful family and all the nice people that came to his memorial. It was really nice.

Monday day 8 - Green
Tuesday day 9 ( I am going to bed soooo ) Green !

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:28 pm

Wednesday day 10 GREEN

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:38 am

Yay for you! ! Getting easier isn't it?

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:03 pm

OMG YES IT IS...gingerpie you incouraged me to do these 21 day things and it helped btw...!
Thursday day 11 GREEN

I feel like a tenacious terrier!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Yay you--you're amazing!!!🎉🎉🎉

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Excuse me and you ipearlmom have helped me toooooo!
I almost messed up last night...argument with my husband bahhhhh I was so irritated by his smugness...hmffff I still am. I digress.

Friday day 12 GREEN DAY ....take that sir
Saturday and Sunday days 13&14 are S days...yay!

I literally have to put the numbers in so I won't have to work to hard to know what days I am on...😬

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Yay--getting to your home stretch again!

Oh and Men! I know With utter certainty you were right! 😉

lin47

Post by lin47 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:44 pm

You're an inspiration for me to keep trying to get a green streak under my belt!

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:49 pm

Monday day 15....GREEN!

I am an inspiration...LOL

My husband DID admit I was right Linda...he saw the errors of his ways...LOL

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:14 pm

Lol-thats a man who understands how to maintain a happy marriage! 💑

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:20 pm

OMG that is pretty much what he said! 😆

Tuesday day 16... GREEN ( where is the green outside though...WHY IS THERE STILL SO MUCH SNOW....WHYYYYYY )

I was looking for stuff to eat last night...it's almost like I wanted to fail...I went to bed instead. My husband just went back on nights and I think that was the cause.

I just realized I have officially finished a whole month of NoS...what the heck ?!

Lovedby2

Lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Oh no!! Day 38 and it is just starting to feel normal to wake up early? Well, I will lower my expectations of it only taking a few days!! That is terrific though that you are doing so well. Yeah, I think regular sleep habits don't get enough credit when it comes to health and weight loss. Discipline is such a climb! Oh, the tangles web we weave. :roll: Have a great and fruitful day!!
Always learning.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:14 am

It must be hard having your Dh work nights but good for you for not giving in to those old habits. You know which option will leaving you feeling best and you took it.

And once month on NoS--yay! You are truly rock in' this!

Have a great day and I hope the snow goes away soon! ðŸ£

Linda

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:51 am

Hey nbh, you are totally rockin' this. Congrats on the one month in.

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Wednesday day 17 ...GREEN

Thanks you guys for the support btw!!!

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Thursday day 18 GREEN ....I gotta say though I have gotten tooooo carried away with this 21 day streak...I think it has made me want to mess it up...I haven't but I have had to work at it. I just have today so it will get done but I will not be in the 21 day mindset again LOL.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:53 pm

No surprising that you are having a bit of a slump. Good job resiting it though. You are going to be 42 days no-s compliant :!: Even if you "mess it up" you'll have good strong memories regarding the positive side effects of sticking to no-s.

lin47

Post by lin47 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:00 pm

You are amazing, lady! I can't get a three-day streak under my belt and you're going for close to 1 1/2 months! Great job!

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Amazing job!!! *high five* :)

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Friday day 19 GREEN and so today is Sunday an S day and I have made it! I lost another 8 lbs too...and I am not worrying about another challenge. I gotta say I feel like I actually have created MY HABIT ( what...after all these years of almost giving this a real try but never having faith that it would work so I would quit ) Seriously that is what I have done for years. I would start this and get a few days or a week here and there then I would try and make things go faster...switch to another diet...and be right back here. I joined this site in 2010!!!

**Is it an age thing for some of us when we finally realize that it's not how fast you lose ? Do we finally get wise that maybe we should start LIVING our lives the way we should NOW and everything will fall into place OVER TIME. Maybe our time is getting more precious so why waste it on endless diets? This is a diet of sorts but this is more like just the way you should live.

Oh and Happy EasterBleaster !!!
Okay so I know, I know, I'm extra happy 'cause I did lose weight LOL. So the rest of this journey I will post my greens/reds and maybe my weight loss every 21 days... I like the idea of that.

I thank you all for comments, ideas and support! I have to say I think it helped me immensely and I am very thankful to the little voices! I * high five * you all !!! ✋

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:18 pm

Do we finally get wise that maybe we should start LIVING our lives the way we should NOW and everything will fall into place OVER TIME. Maybe our time is getting more precious so why waste it on endless diets? This is a diet of sorts but this is more like just the way you should live.
I think you're on to something here. I don't know if it's age or if it's just being sick and tired of suffering! It's so maddening to think about the time wasted focusing on diets/food/exercise. Those minutes are all lost and cannot be retrieved. Maybe once we snap out of it and realize what's happening, we look for a more sustainable way of life. Thank goodness we have it spelled out for us with No S.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:20 am

First of all um awesome job! Congrats on the weight loss & the commitment to sustaining habits.

But secondly, 22 lbs in what 40 days? That is not slow by any means! What was in those drinks you cut out anyway pure butter??

But seriously I do think it takes maturity to finally get this eating/exercising/body image stuff right.

Keep up the good work & I think your plan to take a break from the 21 day challenges is good. You got this!

Linda

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:49 am

Isn't always the case that our older selves are wiser than our younger? I imagine that when I'm 80 I'll look back on
this period of my life and smile indulgently.

I am very glad though that I found this way to eat. It definitely feels like a keeper.

How did the bathroom turn out?

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Bahahaha...Linda...I must have been drinking butterbeer...! I think if you get to a certain age and you drink craft beers at night...3 beers is 600 calories...and then sometimes you may snack...a few crackers...has anyone actually looked at the serving size of crackers?! TERRIBLE Then you go to bed...bam you are going to be fat. I am sure the weightloss will slow down but for now WOOHOOO I'm T H R I L L E D !

You guys I am all about not wasting time on things that aren't helping me be who I want to be this year. This is the year I stop being my own worst enemy!

Gingerpie...my ceiling came out perfect...how do I get so much on me though and not on anything else ?! It is a rare talent that I revel in. I love going to the store with paint on me... Makes me feel like awesome diy girl!

jaob

Post by jaob » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi nbh!! I hope you don't mind me butting into your check-in. I have been reading your thread with great interest and I am really impressed with your results!! Can I ask a few questions?
Since the original post was about glass ceiling when you say success are you talking about glass ceiling or NoS habits? And does that mean glass ceiling on N days and S days? Or are S days still free as far as beer goes. Also, it seems somewhere along the line you switched to no beer on N days but do you still have some on S days?
Sorry if this is too personal and so many questions. I, too, think that my daily wine habit is really standing in the way of losing any of the 50 lbs. I need to lose. I just don't know what would be the sanest way to go about this. Treat wine as an S so only have some on the weekends (but risk having too much which isn't quite the same as having too much cake :oops: ) or just sticking to glass ceiling every day???
Thanks in advance for your help. I really admire your (and your followers!) insight!
My times are in Your hands. Psa 31:15

Lovedby2

Lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:00 am

Seen any deer lately? Loved your story and kudos to you for getting up so early! Great job on the weight loss!! Woo hoo!!!!
Always learning.

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:56 am

You guys I am all about not wasting time on things that aren't helping me be who I want to be this year.
That is so powerful! You are a lady on a mission. 8)

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:11 pm

GREEN MONDAY...and THANKS YOU GUYS for your lovely little voices! Uhmmmm I do feel sort of powerful lately. I also feel a bit free eating this way...I am really enjoying things.

Not only did I see the deer the other night...in the moonlight...silently crossing the road in little groups...they look like ghosts...I counted fifteen!!!

Have a great day all!

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:35 pm

Oh shoot...sorry joab ! I did stop drinking completely for now. I actually stopped the same day that I started my first 21 day challenge...it was a personal experiment to see if that was what is hanging me up. When I lost 14 pounds I thought well I will do another 21 and if I still am losing better then normal then maybe I should just stop all together for awhile and see where I get to. Well I did lose better then I expected so I have decided to continue on.

Look...I like to drink. I am 48 and I think the drinking "calories" and any stupid snacks I have with it are keeping me from being who I want to be. In the past I used to drink on occasion...holidays...vacations...I could lose wieght back then. For the last two years I have been having drinks almost every night and obviously no matter how I eat ( even no snacks...just two drinks...sometimes three ) I was getting nowhere. DUHHHHH RIGHT?!!!! So the lightbulb finally turned on...and I am going back to living my life THAT OTHER way.

I have had to rethink why it is I have felt the need to drink every night. I would like to point out that I think soooooo many people live this way. I am not ashamed to admit for me it just dulls the edges....stops the constant worries...softens the dissapointments... It's my illusion of a grown up indulgance I deserve for just living another day LOL.

Guess what...it is better not drinking every night. I feel better then I have in a long time AND I am eating sensibly AND losing weight !!! So there you go...and I hope this info helps you joab! ðŸ˜

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:36 pm

It's so awesome you were able to break this habit. It's funny how much we resist giving up our little attachments. Binkies & blankets for grown-ups! I was so attached to my mochas, iced teas & too-often partaking of the sugary type cocktail. I dug my heels in feeling I deserved these treats when I finally admitted they were part of my weight problem giving them up wasn't such a big deal. I easily found replacements that are just as satisfying. It was just stubbornness & fear holding me back.

Anyway that was my long way of saying I get it. Nos does help us grow up huh?

You're doing great & should be so proud of your healthy new habits!

Linda ☺ï¸

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi nbh76,
Lots of wisdom and food for thought there, in your response to joab. Thanks for sharing that with all of us. It is good to see your reflections on the "why" of regular drinking and to hear that you feel better than you have in a long time without it. Good for you!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

jaob

Post by jaob » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:48 am

Yes, nbh, your reply was very thoughtful and helpful. I'm fighting letting go of the daily habit. I'm a few years older than you thus have a few years of habit under my belt! As lpearl put it giving up my blankie/binky. Wine is my sugar of choice. So for now I think I need to make it an S and then hopefully get to where you are.
Congratulations on being beer free. I'm glad you feel so much better. It gives me inspiration!!
My times are in Your hands. Psa 31:15

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks you guys...for a moment after I submitted that I thought... am I sharing too much ? ... I am a big believer though in shining my flashlight in all the dark corners and if it makes any one else feel less alone in their dark corners then all the better. Maybe I'm just super chatty.

Tuesday GREEN ...greener then it is outside...greener then spring in maine...we are getting some more snow tonight?! Just a few inches but jeez enough already.

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:42 pm

We got snow last night too! Argh!!

Great job on another green day. You are on a roll!

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Snow! Bah humbug! I'm officially done with snow.

Now that the bathroom is painted, what's next? Do you think the success with no-s has helped you achieve other (non-food) related goals? I do and I have to admit I'm surprised by how much the structure has spilled into other areas.

Enjoy your final sled ride :wink:

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:08 am

I really appreciate your honesty. I try to be brutally honest with myself here and it's one of the few places I'm comfortable doing so. In irl I tend to be a lot more reserved but I feel like this journey is so much more than about losing weight. It's about being honest about our true motives, desires and even or especially our shortcomings.

Anyway that's a long way of saying thx for sharing!

Linda 😉

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Wednesday GREEN but it did get a little sketchy yesterday but I realized I was tired from a ridiculously busy day...so I went to bed.

Kittson...more snow LAST night...crazy spring.

Gingerpie...my answer to the No S spilling into other parts are a resounding YES !!! It has had a snowball ( sorry for THAT reference ) it's when I started to want to really do it...then I realized I might want to cut out alcohol for awhile...then I started feeling better about myself...then I started to look at other things in my life...like finally moving and taking care of my health...then I remembered who I am...LOL...It is like that sometimes isn't it ? You get busy with life and you forget yourself along the way... you change one thing for the better and then you start changeing more things...

Linda thanks for that! I did feel a bit uncomfortable but who does it help if no one says anything. I never interact...ever...the way I have started interacting on this site...and I have been on this site since 2010... but because of you guys and the help I really feel I gained from all you...bahhhhh it just is really awesome.

Have a geeat day to all. â›„ï¸ Yep snowman....I'm sharing the pain

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:36 pm

GREEN Thursday....and MORE sleet and snow...WTH

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Great job on the Green!! Honestly, wishing you better weather. What in the world is going on with that weather anyway?! Have a great day and enjoy the S days coming up!

Lovedby2

Lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:53 pm

Hey nbh76! Congratulations on staying in the green zone!! You are on a roll and an encouragement to me. It looks like the added calories of the drinks have been the answer for your weight loss. Woo hoo! You go girl!
Always learning.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:35 am

Yeah for green boo for snow/sleet!

Have a wonderful weekend !!

Linda

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:39 am

Jeez you guys THANKS for feeling my pain...lol ⛄ï¸

Friday GREEN !
Saturday...very tame S day...nice
Sunday... S day no plans for anything special really...except Madmen and Game of Thrones...ðŸ’

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Thanks for stopping by my thread. I'm fine. I just needed to back off a bit but I'm still lurking, still no-essing and still losing. I've been exhausted all week (I assume due to emotional stress as I really don't have any physical reason to be so tired)

I've put limits on my overall computer time as I think I was using it as a bit of escapism but I've added a virtual walk across America which I just started today but looks like a fun way to keep track of the miles.

Here's the link if you are interested in checking it out.
exercise.lbl.gov

Congrats on your continued green!! You are still my hero :) I'm doing great with my whole grains, exercise and glass ceiling goals but I'm still struggling to get a string of green no-s days :roll: But, I'm not stressed about it. I continue to see improvements in overall eating habits and I continue to lose. Sooooooo, why worry right? [/b]

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Well Monday was a RED DAY...! I listed my house with a realtor and it isn't even officially listed...so THAT is what I did Friday and yesterday I got a cash offer...my little shack of a house is under contract and because it is a cash deal it will go faster and I suddenly need to pack my home of 25 years and be out by May 21st.....and I am losing my mind. So you bet it was a red day...lol...I dusted myself off and know now it's even more important to do this because it makes everything simpler ... and I am going to need that.

Gingerpie I am sending you good vibes everyday...around 9 a.m. not kidding...it might help and can't hurt! Thanks for the link I am interested! AND of course you're tired ....sounds like your doing what you need to do to be okay. Take care of yourself Miss ðŸ˜

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Oh my goodness! What a month you have ahead of you! Wishing you the best as you pack up your home. Have you made living arrangements for after the 21st? Moving is so stressful but can also be incredibly exciting.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Omgness!!! May 21st??!!! Oh boy well you know every time I move I say I'm going to start packing early and do this all in an efficient orderly manner--ha! It never happens! No matter how much time I have, I'm enivitably running around stuffing things into garbage bags at the last hour.

This way you're spurred into action right away. No waiting around for motivation to call. Anyway red is understandable and I know you'll get right back on track today.

I know it's stressful but also a new exciting adventure to come. Good luck!!

Linda😀

Lovedby2

lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:38 pm

You probably don't have time to read this because you are moving in TEN DAYS!!!! What??? That is ridiculously insane. I hope you have help. Moving just does me in, but yes, you can do this. You can. :shock: Anyway, thanks for the advice. I have taken it to heart. I hope your No Sing is bringing some much needed sanity to your days.
Always learning.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:55 am

Check your PM when you get a chance

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:12 pm

OMG you guys are great...THIS is crazy isn't it. Both my kids are showing up tonight to hang out for a few days to say goodbye to the house. No packing until they leave. Okay the tally...oh and we are under contract as of yesterday for my new beautiful house...it is a multi family in the "city" but it is so nice...CRAZY

Tuesday...GREEN
Wednesday...RED
Thursday...RED
Friday...GREEN

Very calm today...LOL...I expect to have some reds BUT I really am looking forward to being green mostly and really it is easier to do NoS then anything else! Next week I will be in the groove...I know all I have to do is start packing...😜

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:18 pm

Great to hear from you, and it sounds like you are taking this all in stride! Awesome! Have a wonderful time with your children. And enjoy the stability you get from No S!

Exiting news about being under contract with a home in the city! Take care!!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:21 am

Great to hear you're doing well considering! So exciting about the new house. It's going to be crazy but sounds like a very positive move. How are you feeling about leaving your old house? The kids handling it okay?

Best of luck with everything!

Linda

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:04 pm

Boooo Monday and Tuesday ... REDS... Small reds but reds non the less...

I'm going green today... I think I need to make my meals ahead of time...like a big pot of soup so I don't have to stop what I'm doing and think about what to make... I need my last child to go back to his home...LOL... I need these two inspections at the new and old house to be done ( they are tomorrow starting at 8 a.m. ) I feel like I am holding my breath until these are out of the way LOL

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Wednesday...GREEN
Thursday ... RED
Friday... RED....

Thank the goddesses it's a weekend... winky face...

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:47 pm

You know the drill: Just keep plugging along :) Glad to see you are still among us. Enjoy the esses today.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:04 am

Good luck with everything! This process is Sooooooo stressful. If you're anything like I am you're probably not eating much due to stress/chaos even though you're not technically green.

Once things calm down you'll get right back in your nice groove.

Have a good weekend!

Linda

Lovedby2

Lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi Nbh76! Stopping by to see how the move went. You probably have your head in boxes. Hope you are surviving well![/b]
Always learning.

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:27 am

Thank you little voices...I am involved in packing...and the house we are supposed to be moving into...let's just say every day something else comes up but it doesn't matter 'cause this one is sold so I am out...LOL

Tuesday red/green LOL
Wednesday...GREEN and going to bed early so no way I can mess it up...!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:34 pm

Sounds like you're taking it all in stride. I'm sure it'll work out and great job on your continuing efforts with NoS.

Linda :)

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:41 pm

I have had a very strange and busy week. I also have added to my stress by eating and drinking at will so REALLY looking forward to Monday!!! I am going to make sure I have a plan for eating and exercise before I worry about other things. I have maybe three more days of packing left and I mostly took this weekend off. I still don't have a home to move into at this point but pretty sure something will fall into place by end of the week. If not my parents will remain in Florida so we can live in their house...crazy lucky...Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there...and care givers...and people who are just nice to other people ðŸ˜

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Ordering the scale that just tells you if you lost or gained...so fun. I Gave my scale to goodwill the otherday...this year is a year of imense change and I don't want the good work I started this spring to lapse because of the big move...new move...new me...LOL. I AM GOING TO FALL APART LATER...I still don't have a place to live and my daughter is leaving for Australia July 1 st for atleast a year.....I am screaming inside.

Okay...HELLO MONDAY...let's do this!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue May 12, 2015 6:19 am

Great to see you posting. Sorry you have no place to move to though--ugh! I know it'll work out but must be crazy stressful in the meantime. Say the word & I'll start looking for houses for ya in az! 😉

Yay for your new scale! You will love it. What color did you go with?

Linda

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sun May 17, 2015 12:08 pm

Just checking in: How goes it in the Granite state? (Why do I think you live in the Granite state? Did you mention that in one of your post? ) If not there, How goes it wherever you are?

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Linda I got a pink one and it got here and it doesn't work.....can not ogram it...Booooo! They are sending another though. It is awfully good looking isn't it?

The granite state would be New Hampshire...lol...I am in the pine tree state...and it is finally looking like spring! Today is the day I behave myself...I have had good NoS days and horrible glass ceiling and great glass ceiling and horrible NoS... It is completely stress related and I know it.

I worked out and I have two meals down...one more and two beers and I will go to bed...LOL...it is only 12:35 pm but this is how my day is going to go.

Uhmmmm I am back under contract with my big beautiful multi unit with the huge deck overlooking the river but we can't close until sometime in July because the roofs need to be redone. I am a lucky girl but my goodness I wish I could move NOW. Closing on sale of my house tomorrow...I have lived there 25 years...raised my babies there...it is really strange. Luckily ( not ) I am up the street from said house and I will be going there off and on until I move because the boys ( Bosco and Dewey the cats ) keep going down there. Hilarious and kind of awkward for new people... Bosco will go in if he gets the chance...he has no loyalties.... the little stinker.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Thu May 21, 2015 10:12 am

Hey! ! I miss you! ! Take care of yourself and so back soon.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu May 21, 2015 4:34 pm

So funny about the cats!

We miss you--hang in there!

Linda

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Damn cats! The little one has only gone there once but the big one...I thought he was done as he has been home for 8 days in a row but as of two days ago he is missing and I have not been able to find him at the old house. Neighbors are keeping an eye out and will alert me so I can go pick him up. The new owners have not moved in yet so that is a bit on my side because I know he hasn't actually moved back in with them...LOL. I should just keep him in but he's 12 and I got him as a stray and he has always gone outside and it almost impossible to live with him when he can't go out...which would be fine too if I weren't in my parents house and it's their stuff that he tries to destroy. Blehhhhhhhh... why am I talking about this...LOL.

I am shooting for a green No S day...I have been all over the place and I don't think it helps me at all. It has been unseasonably warm and humid here...and I am not getting enough exercise or eating right and I feel bloated and gross and my allergies have kicked in.

Let us just say I am almost unbearable to live with EVEN TO MYSELF!!!! So going for the green...even though it's Friday...one good green day is better then no green day.

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Fri May 29, 2015 2:34 pm

nbh76 wrote:...one good green day is better then no green day.
Hi nbh76- It's good to see you back around here.
I hope today goes well, and green. It can make such a difference going in to the weekend with a bit of success under the belt. I'm sure it's hard, living with parents and trying to get back on track with habits, but I'm sure you can do it!
-Sonya

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun May 31, 2015 7:06 pm

We have cats that annoy our neighbors, big time! We also try to keep them in; but one in particular is so awful to live with when he's cooped up. They were also strays and so they were used to more freedom.

Anyway, the one particular drives my husband bonkers because he goes and sits on the neighbor's fence right next to their birdfeeders!!! And according to the neighbors, he stretches out on their patio like he owns the place. Drives their indoor cats crazy.

To make it worse, both cats are escape-artists extraordinaire--and always find a way to get outside (having 2 boys running in and out all day, and their friends, too, doesn't help this situation).

I empathize with your cat situation. Hope the big guy shows up soon.

Lovedby2

Lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:31 pm

Hey nbh76! So glad you are back. I have missed your sense of humor. Looks like your going through a lot of stress right now. Dont they say moving is one of the big stresses in life? I think so. I think a successful No S day will get you back on the treadmill. For me, if I start down the cheating road my head starts beating me up. Just try not to be too hard on yourself. :D
Always learning.

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:45 am

Oh wow, I would freak out if one of our cats was missing. I guess getting them as a stray makes a big difference though - they are probably very annoyed when kept inside. I hope you find your cat soon!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Thanks for the great comments you wonderful voices! I had to go get "the big one" ... Just pull in the yard and open the door...Bosco gets right in...I also had Frank our terrier in his travel kennel in the way back and Bosco thought that was pretty hilarious. He trotted promptly to the back to make fun of him...what a cat. Everyone has stayed home since and the kids are coming for the weekend so that will help!

Lovedby2... I have heard that too. It is a weird stress because it isn't a bad thing...it's exciting and new and yet you have moments where it feels like it's really something awful... I make sure I take moments out to breath and breath again.

I love that cat story...cats have a sense of humor that is unmatched.

Slowly getting back to myself. I exercsied everyday...didn't drink and NoS was ALMOST there...Monday and Wednesday were green those other days where... are there different shades of green ? As a person who loves colors I can attest that yes, there are and I'm living them...LOL... so lets say the other days where Celery....a color and a food !

Have a great weekend to all 😎

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:35 pm

nbh76 wrote:... so lets say the other days where Celery....
That's hilarious, nbh76. I'm glad you can see the almost greens in a positive light, as we need all the encouragement we can get, when we're getting back on habit!
-Sonya

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:38 am

Wow you're doing fantastic! Small fails definitely deserve a color of their own.

Linda

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:04 pm

There are definitely shades of green! Well done.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021