weekends gone wild

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sophie15

weekends gone wild

Post by sophie15 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:41 pm

someone please asure me my s days will calm down.
Last edited by sophie15 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

bjalda

Post by bjalda » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:29 pm

Jessiebooboo, don't worry.
They will calm down!

They're just like children... And it takes a little time for them to grow up. Go ahead and enjoy them fully, even your 'over the top S-days'. Don't feel guilty! The greenness of your week will eventually teach those S days a lesson.

I still have a LOT of wild S days and a lot of permasnacking going on. But for example this weekend was relatively calm. On friday I tried to make a conscious decision to really enjoy my weekend and only choose perfect treats and delicious meals (instead of unsatisfying permasnacking). But I still left myself the option to just eat and eat and eat and eat.
What also helps is to plan special things... like a bike tour, a nice walk, a picknick somewhere... going out for ice cream with friends. All works to really celebrate your S days.

And please, don't forget: It's so great that you can stick to the plan during the week! Celebrate that! I used to not be able to do that properly :)
Expectation exists when there is fear.
- Swami

HappyHiker

Post by HappyHiker » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:54 pm

Your mileage may vary, but mine did. After a while they were pretty indistinguishable from my N days, except for I usually have a soda on Saturdays.

sophie15

Post by sophie15 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:29 am

bjalda wrote:Jessiebooboo, don't worry.
They will calm down!

They're just like children... And it takes a little time for them to grow up. Go ahead and enjoy them fully, even your 'over the top S-days'. Don't feel guilty! The greenness of your week will eventually teach those S days a lesson.

I still have a LOT of wild S days and a lot of permasnacking going on. But for example this weekend was relatively calm. On friday I tried to make a conscious decision to really enjoy my weekend and only choose perfect treats and delicious meals (instead of unsatisfying permasnacking). But I still left myself the option to just eat and eat and eat and eat.
What also helps is to plan special things... like a bike tour, a nice walk, a picknick somewhere... going out for ice cream with friends. All works to really celebrate your S days.

And please, don't forget: It's so great that you can stick to the plan during the week! Celebrate that! I used to not be able to do that properly :)
Thanks bjalda;it makes so much sense what you say about our s days being like children .Ive created a little monster child in mine, 7t doesnt know how to eat properly after years of binge/dieting beating myself up over my disorganised eating habbitss.I am so desperate for this to work,there is nothing else left for me to try!!

sophie15

Post by sophie15 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:34 am

HappyHiker wrote:Your mileage may vary, but mine did. After a while they were pretty indistinguishable from my N days, except for I usually have a soda on Saturdays.
Thankyou HappyHiker i will bear that in mind .

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 am

Hi Jessiebooboo,
My observation is that for the vast majority of people who stick around, the S days calm down. The key is taking the long view, being in it for the long haul, as it can take years for some of us. And not everyone is willing to be that patient (or in my case, to restart that many times). But if you are, it's absolutely worth it!
For me lately, the key is in thinking about how eating something is going to make me feel. One plate of food? Often content, though not stuffed. Seconds? Sometimes overfull and sleepy. Too many sweets? Lethargic and regretful. Too many snacks? Not hungry enough to enjoy even an awesome meal.
People say to listen to your body. I don't think that is always right, in that my cut-off switch doesn't work so well... and my body craves things that are not good for me. But when it comes to S day treats, listening to the "feeling" after eating rather than the craving has been really helpful.
It can be helpful to start a check-in thread to keep track of things, and to let others encourage you. I wish you the best.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

sophie15

Post by sophie15 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:15 pm

osoniye wrote:Hi Jessiebooboo,
My observation is that for the vast majority of people who stick around, the S days calm down. The key is taking the long view, being in it for the long haul, as it can take years for some of us. And not everyone is willing to be that patient (or in my case, to restart that many times). But if you are, it's absolutely worth it!
For me lately, the key is in thinking about how eating something is going to make me feel. One plate of food? Often content, though not stuffed. Seconds? Sometimes overfull and sleepy. Too many sweets? Lethargic and regretful. Too many snacks? Not hungry enough to enjoy even an awesome meal.
People say to listen to your body. I don't think that is always right, in that my cut-off switch doesn't work so well... and my body craves things that are not good for me. But when it comes to S day treats, listening to the "feeling" after eating rather than the craving has been really helpful.
It can be helpful to start a check-in thread to keep track of things, and to let others encourage you. I wish you the best.
Thankyou Sonya,you have gave me lots to think about and yes i too think a daily checkin thread is what i need to do .

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:00 am

Also, you may have to consider changing your routines on the weekends. How else could you expand your life or calm it down, if you're trying to do too much, so that extra food doesn't play such a big role?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)