Back in the saddle

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Pete

Back in the saddle

Post by Pete » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:39 am

Today marks a full week of me getting back on the horse and sg'ing with some form of regularity. All it took was a fresh perspective, and some new motivations (plus moving house to a new state and starting a new job kinda helped).

I'm feeling pretty good about it all, taking it very easy and doing my utmost to not aggravate my back. I've found that it actually helps a bit, because I'm using all kinds of muscles to make sure I don't go too far.

One of my good friends saw me doing a set of flip the lever today and reckons I might be getting strong enough to start doing some sword fighting practice with him which should be interesting.

Next on my agenda is to solidify my routine somewhat and make order out of chaos!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:31 am

Welcome back, Pete.

Sticking to a routine -- any routine -- is most of the problem. Shovelglove is very routine friendly, as these things go, but it still takes some serious effort to establish.

Best of luck this time around,

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:12 pm

Hey Pete!!!
Rock on!!!!
I agree with Reinhard :)
Keep it up!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness