Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 lbs in 10 weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in")
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wxwoman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: 10 lbs in 10 weeks Reply with quote

Subject heading is not to brag, but to show that weight loss doesn't have to be really slow on NO S. I consider 10 lbs in 10 weeks a pretty good rate of weight loss.

First the stats. I am 3 weeks shy of 52 today, and female. I am 5.5" tall, and went from 138 lbs to 128 lbs.

My mods: S days are Mon and Fri. This works better for me because I never have more than 3 N days in a row. As a result, I am not experiencing the tendency to go wild on S days that happened on previous attempts with No S. I have exactly 2 "S events" per S day, usually cookies for one and a salty snack for the other. I also get at least an hour a day of exercise.

I don't think I have any more weight to lose really, so whatever happens from here happens. But I am going to keep eating the same way because it is working.

More than just dropping 10 lbs, my mind is now much more free. I don't have to weigh, count, or measure anything. I don't worry about what or when I'm going to eat next. The mental baggage and angst that was previously associated with food is gone. Actually, I consider that a bigger accomplishment than the weight loss.
gingerpie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your loss. it's great that you found a way that works well for you.
wxwoman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gingerpie. Smile
vmsurbat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your good success and mental freedom! Thanks for sharing.
wxwoman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, much appreciated.
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, wxwoman! And thanks for sharing your success here.

Interesting mod spacing the S-days apart like that.

Great to hear that you're continuing No-s even though you don't have anything more to lose.

Best,

Reinhard
wxwoman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Reinhard. I was surprised to see a blurb with my post appear on my FB page.

I am thrilled with No S. I feel like my years of dieting and food obsession are finally behind me.

Thanks a lot.
Mariposa1127

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!!

I love the idea of changing your S day's so you don't have more than three N day's in a row. I have struggled to stick with the No S Diet and I think your idea might just do the trick. I will have to try and see how it works. My S Day's would have to be Sunday because we eat a big meal and have dessert at my mother in laws house and the other day I would pick is Thursday.

Sunday: S Day
Tuesday: N Day
Wednesday: N Day
Thursday: S Day
Friday: N Day
Saturday: N Day
lin47

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting! I have fewer than 10 lbs to lose, and it's encouraging to know that it can be done in a reasonable amount of time. Your post gives me hope (although I'm not pressuring myself to lose by X date; my main focus is establishing the habit).
wxwoman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa1127,

I think the S days mod is the key to sticking with No S this time.

On my previous attempts, which I think was at least 4, I would just be nuts by the time Sat rolled around, and pretty much permasnack all weekend long. Not every single weekend, but most. I felt as if each weekend I lost whatever ground I had gained during the week.

Spacing out the S days has taken care of this problem. As extra insurance, I have only two things on S days, usually a snack and a sweet. So I enjoy my S days with no guilt, and just move on.

The other thing I've noticed is that I feel better having only 1 S day at a time. After a couple treats, I feel like I want to have an N day again.

Let me know how you do. Smile

Last edited by wxwoman on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
wxwoman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lin47,

It's over 11 weeks now, and I'm down another lb. So it's still about 1 lb per week, but at some point that will stop. It could stop now and that would be fine. But this definitely works.
Kittson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this! My starting stats are about the same as you. 5'6", 140 lbs. I just began on Saturday. It's exciting to hear that those with 10-15 lbs to lose have success as well.
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats that good, sane, sustainable habits got you where you are.

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in") All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: