Doulachic's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:45 pm

yesterday was a success for the most part. had an emotional snack after i got home from Wednesday night church cause i had some bad news and let it get to me. my friend for many years was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor just under a year ago...yesterday the news came back that the tumor is now a level 4, which is bad...basically he has 3 months to live...they could operate, but it would only give him another 3-6 months and would leave him paralyzed and unable to speak for the time he has left. these people are like family to me..i have coffee with his wife every monday, and thier kids are friends with my kids and they call me mom...i am sad today....

however, it has made me realize how important it is for me to get myself healthy..i want to be around for my kids and hubby....i have no excuse.
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:16 am

today was a success for the most part....no sweets or snacks, but i did have a bit of seconds at dinner....however i did resist having popcorn while i watched a dvd with the family...that was hard! :P

anyway, only one more day to go! oh, and i did go to the gym today! Yeah me! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:30 am

You did great Tricia!!!
Congrats!!!

PS... Popcorn with dinner is NoS approved, so next time, make it part of your meal and you can eat it with immunity!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:50 pm

Deb, i don't think i could stop with just a partial plate of popcorn! :lol: This is definately an S for me as i will eat the whole bag! I do have a nice bag of kettle corn waiting for me to eat tomorrow...mmmmm....this will probably be the one snack that i don't eat at mealtime because of the quantity...plus it will taste so good on an empty stomach.

will report my day later...my goal for today: not to start my S weekend early!! I will wait until Saturday morning!

i will be having ice cream cake tomorrow as it is my son's 16th birthday...**sob** they grow so fast... :cry:
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:43 am

today was good! i love S days! :lol:

My treats for today:
1 hershey bar w/almonds
1 pc. DQ ice cream cake
1 bag microwave kettle popcorn (for later tonight)

I am happy with myself! I did not pig out today; i had my three reasonable meals w/no seconds (cause i didn't want seconds), and just a few treats...and i am satisfied! and i don't feel stuffed and yucky...now to keep to the pattern for tomorrow. Yeah me! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:30 am

another successful S day! :D Stuck to three meals, one plate...so i didn't overstuff myself.

Treats for today:
1 hershey's bar w/almonds (ok, i LOVE hershey's!)
1 Reese's candy bar
1 bag microwave kettle corn

i didn't really eat any more than on No-S days, but for some reason i feel really full...not stuffed, just full...maybe it is all that popcorn. :lol:

anyway, i feel satisfied and happy about my S-day progress....bring on the N days! :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:01 pm

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! It's a beautiful new N day! Think hubby and i will go to lunch and see a movie today....minus popcorn! :lol: which is ok, movie theatre popcorn is always too greasy for me anyway.

hope everyone is having a great day!
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:01 pm

Wow Tricia! You have made some serious progress here!
What a different mindset you have since you started...
Looking forward to N days, I feel, is one of the signs that peoples bodies and minds are truly changing for the better..
Seeking moderation and structure and embracing it, as opposed to rebelling against it..

NoS is a work of art!
But you do the work!!!
Rock on with your bad self!!!
Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:22 am

Yeah Deb, i am feeling better about the whole thing..or rather about myself. My S weekend was indulgent, but i didn't overdue so i am happy! i find that i am starting to get used to N days...they don't seem as difficult as they did just a week or so ago...hhhmmmm....maybe i am doing this! :D

didn't go to the movies after all....had other stuff we had to do, but still spent the day together and had lunch...mmmmm....chinese food! (ok, my plate was a little overloaded :roll: ) but it was yummy!

well, tomorrow night i speak to a childbirth education class to "promote" my doula biz and to educate a few preggies about doulas....i am NERVOUS! but excited...maybe i'll get a client, i hope!

well, have a great day!
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:32 am

well, my n-day was a success! i even did some weight lifting today.

my doula talk did not go as well as i hoped...in hindsight, i wasn't as prepared as i could have been, and i was REALLY nervous and it showed...**sigh** Oh well, now i know for next time. i think i may have a lady who's interested, and there was a massage therapist there (not preggie but with a freind) and she was asking some questions about how to become a doula..so that was cool.

on the up side, i weighed in at TOPS tonight and i am down another 1/2 pound! YEAH! so i am now 175 again...now this is usually the point where i will start to gain again (for months i have lost and gained the same three pounds, but that was before i seriously started No-s)..so it will be interesting to see what happens next week. if i ever break into the 160's, i will be doing the happy dance! only five pounds to go so i could be there in a few weeks, but we'll see, not feeling any pressure or anything. :wink:
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:30 am

felt kinda yucky today with a bad headache...time to visit the chiropractor...i let myself have a small snack this afternoon cause i didn't feel good and for some reason i was really hungry...i think maybe my breakfast and lunch weren't big enough...other than that, i count today as success...i didn't have any seconds, and no sweets...though i was tempted and craving chocolate! :twisted:

no exercise today :(

tomorrow i will eat a little more for brekkie and definately eat more protein. today i just had a bagel for breakfast...just wasn't hungry.
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:58 am

today was a success for the most part...i did have an extra piece of pizza though at dinner....was just having a relaxing evening with family and watching a movie and guess i assocciated comfort with food... :roll:

anyway, still didn't have sweets so that is good! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:30 am

ok, today i took an "S-meal"...my birthday is thursday and since hubby was off today we decided to celebrate a little early by spending some time together...so went to lunch (mexican...yum!) and sadly i had a candy bar soon after...durn Snickers! :lol: Thursday my daughter is making me a cake, so i will be having some...hey it's my birthday!! I don't really want to take a full S day for this, so i think i will just have some cake and ice cream on that day and save the rest for Saturday.

anyway, gym time is going good and i think i am actually getting some muscle. i do need to get in some cardio, so hard to find time with four kids demanding my attention! :lol:

hope everyone had a great weekend!
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:56 pm

well, my weight is up a few this morning, but i'm sure it is fluid from my meds (bc pills :roll: ) seems like when i go off of them for that one week i lose, then when i start taking them again, i gain what i lost...very frustrating! but oh well, guess i will see for sure when i weigh at TOPS tonight. just seems like i am getting no where here, but i am maintaining and have stopped the weight climb (besides these same two pounds i am juggling)...so that is good i guess...just gotta keep plugging along here! :D maybe i am gaining some muscle weight...hubby says my back looks a little thinner, so who knows.

will report more later....just feeling kinda icky mentally right now...gotta get outta my funk and persevere! :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:43 am

Don't feel down! Remember how long Deb was on a plateau! It might take a while but this weight stays off. Good work focusing on the fact that you are no longer gaining.

We are cheering for you!
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:48 am

thanks for the support Hunter!

well, i weighed in at TOPS tonight and i stayed the same as last week...no loss or gain! :D I would have liked the loss, but that's ok. weird how it was higher this morning and then evened out tonight..hhmmm...usually i gain about 2 pounds after i start back on my pills, but not this time...so it is sort of a victory of sorts....maybe i have lost some fat somewhere to counter the fluid gain..who knows... :roll:

anyway, today was a good no s day! and i went and bought myself a small container of yummy ben and jerry's for my b-day...let the kids eat vanilla! :twisted: looking forward to the chocolate cake my sweet 13 yr old daughter is going to make to go with my yum-yum ice cream... :D

I am feeling much better mentally now....well, for me that is.. :twisted:
have a great day all!
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:44 am

Today was success! i even managed to avoid a suprise mini-cupcake at church tonight! I'm a teen sponser for our youth group and they were celebrating March birthdays...anyway, i almost ate it without thinking, but caught myself and gave it to my very skinny son. :wink: now, keep in mind today is not my b-day, not until tommorrow so i didn't want to go off plan....tomorrow i WILL be eating cake and ice cream! :twisted: HAHAHAHA!

Bring on the sugar! :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

ceu

Post by ceu » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:56 am

happy early birthday! :)

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:54 am

Thanks Ceu!

today was a good birthday! :D a little overindulgence in sweets, and a small portion of seconds at dinner, but other than that it was ok.
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:24 am

To our beloved "birther"

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!
Hope you had fun Tricia!!! :D

Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:34 am

Thanks Deb!

it was fun! I had to go to preschool, and the kids there all made me cards and said happy birthday, it was so cute! :D They thought it was so cool that it was my birthday...too funny....oh, it helped that i brought Zingers and ice cream! i'm sure their parents thanked me for the sugar rush! :twisted: :twisted:

then i had some cake and some of my yummy Ben and Jerry's ice cream after dinner....i put one candle on my cake, but then my son put the other 35 on...it was a total fire hazard! :lol:
hubby gave me some nice gifts too....the sweetiepie....
anyway, it was fun... :wink:
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:15 pm

oh pooh! i just ate two pieces of leftover birthday cake with my lunch! GGGRR! durn chocolate cake...wasn't even that good really ( i'm the one who made it...last time i use a mix, homemade is better).

don't know why but i just want to snack all day today...i think it is the weather perhaps? it snowed last night and today so i am feeling a bit hibernation-ish...well, all i can do is continue with my N day and not let it turn into an S day! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:51 am

Happy Belated Birthday!

Don't feel bad about your cake. I ended up "helping" my dad with his birthday cake two days in a row! :oops:
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:53 pm

well, yesterday was a total failure! got stressed and let it affect my eating....but then, this whole week has been a little off with my birthday and everything, lots of funny stuff on a few N days, so i start again on Monday, right? :wink: Guess i need to be sure i am strict next week so those old habits don't think they can come back!

meanwhile, i am going to take my S days, but maybe lightly....honestly, i don't really want any sweets since i've had some in the last few days, but i do think i will have some popcorn...that sounds yummy...maybe for an afternoon snack.

well, here's to starting fresh! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:52 am

Bring on the N days!! i am literally SICK of overeating this weekend! once i get in the "stuffing" mindset, i totally go haywire....**sigh**....thank goodness i have the strict N day rules all in place! Tomorrow will be good...wow, never thought i would look forward to NOT eating junk.... :D

my tuesday weigh in will probably not be good, but oh well...don't think i will have gained much, if any...probably will just be the same, which would be ok.

the rollercoaster ride continues.... :roll:
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:56 am

Hi Tricia!

Don't beat yourself up!
You're doing fine and as long as you keep strict on the N days they will win out!

Hugs!!!
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:19 am

Thanks Deb. Today was yet another failure. :cry: I had girl scout cookies today....and just generally feeling like i am a failure at this and every other thing i try, diet wise. I know i just need to stick to the rules, but it seems like every time i start to get ahead, i get binge mentality....like self sabatoge....hhhmmmm....

well, nothing to do but keep on plugging along....other diets are absolutely NO option...i am done with those. NO-S still rules in my book! :wink:
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:37 am

Make the temptations less easily accessible...
Why are there girl scout cookies around Tricia?
Make your home a safe house on N days..
None of us would be here if we were naturally thin people without problems..
You are not a failure.. These are tough habits to break!
Besides the rules alone, you need to figure out how to optimize your chances for success..
If that means buying girl scout cookies to help your local troupe and then donating them, like Navin suggested a little while back, then do that...

Even if you are only good half of the time, you are going somewhere in the right direction!
I had and still have plenty of screwup days... They are part of being a human! Not a failure...

Big Hugs!
Love,
8) Deb

PS.. I think you might really benefit from Yoga and wish you would reconsider trying it out... It's a great self esteem booster, besides being the most rocking workout!

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:33 am

Thanks Deb, i can always count on you to kick me in the tushie! :lol:
as for the gs cookies, it has been years since i have bought any, so when i saw them selling them outside of walmart, i caved....thought i could just have a few on sunday and that would be it...duh! i should have known better.

i think a lack of regular exercise this week has had a negative effect on me as well...when i am going to the gym regularly i find i am in a happier, more positive mood...so definately going to do some cardio at home tomorrow (have to skip my gym time tomorrow as my daughter has an orthodontic appt. at my usual gym time...)

I guess i just get discouraged when i look at people on the board, especially newbies, and they are losing and doing great (which i am HAPPY for them! don't get me wrong..) and here i am plodding along....but then, i have been half-****** it i guess....i just am going to have to do what i need to do to get things done, despite how busy i get....like, if hubby doesn't feel like going to the gym, i can still get MY lazy behind down there! :lol:

ok, feeling better now....tomorrow i will have a relaxing, no stress N-day! Even if it kills me..! :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:31 am

well, weighed in tonight and i have gained 2.5 pounds! :evil: my own fault for being out of control last week...but i am not discouraged, actually the opposite...i am determined to get back on track and stop whining! :lol: Today was ok, but i did have a little bowl of ice cream after lunch...naughty, i know....but that was before i got my determination back!

i think i may be having an unusually hormonal week and maybe that is why i have done badly...i have noticed that my face is a little broken out (usually i don't get that much) and i have just been feeling depressed and icky! :roll: and it's not even PMS until NEXT week! oh well, i will load up on the primrose oil for the next few days and maybe i will be back to my GOOD self! :lol:

tomorrow: strict NO-S and EXERCISE! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:01 pm

ok, just starting my day and determined to make it a good one! think i will go make some brekkie and then get in some hard cardio! oh yeah! :D also will be going to the gym later this afternoon with hubby to lift some weights....can't wait for the exercise rush! :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:40 pm

that sounds like fun. I enjoy working out with a partner. There's other calorie burning exercises I like doing with my partner as well. *daydreams*

Did I mention I'm flying to LA tomorrow to see my boyfriend? 8)

Good job on the workout. :)

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:45 pm

Shame on you, Ceu!.....HeeHeeHee... :wink:

have **fun** with your boyfriend.. :twisted:
***GRINS***
Tricia

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:48 pm

Just a quickie fly-by posting to say HI!

Hope you're having a GREAT N-day!

::wave::
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:06 pm

can't wait for the exercise rush! :lol:
I swear, this is the BEST part of working out! So every time (and much too often, to my chagrin - :oops: ) I slack off, I end up kicking myself in my behind for it! :roll:

Here's to a GREAT weekend!

::wave::
~Ellen~

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:16 am

well, fell off the "wagon" again for a while and am feeling cruddy about it mentally and physically..yuk! So i gotta get back on track tomorrow and get back to strict no-s...i think i am past my binge "cycle" as i am thinking of it...it seems like when i reach a certain weight (a few pounds down) then i start wanting to overeat...not sure if this is physical or mental...hhhmmm....fear of success???

anyway, thinking of going to see my doc and maybe having some blood tests done...just gotta get motivated. :roll:

well, here's to another "day one"... :oops:
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:19 am

oh, on a good note, i have still been exercising and i am loving the weight lifting results! not that i want to bulk up and be an Arnie, but i tend to put on muscle fast and after a few weeks of working out i can see the difference in my arms and really in my shoulders! when i measured across my upper chest the other day it showed that i have gained 1/2 an inch! 8) Too bad it wasn't across the part of the chest that matters... :twisted: oh well, someday... :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:32 am

Hi Tricia!
Sorry you feel like crud!
Lifelong habits are very very hard to break, but you can do it!!!
One thought at a time!
I am a little bit worried that you are looking for motivation through getting blood tests though...
We all have the potential to succeed!
Don't go searching for a slow thyroid gland to blame and use as an excuse to ruin your efforts at creating a healthy and strong set of habits!
That's the way of the NOS Warrior!!! :wink:

I think it's great that you are doing some thinking about whether you are self sabatogeing and what's behind your patterns!
Moving towards consciousness is what we are all here for...
Learning what lies behind our stumbling blocks and intentions is crucial to breaking old patterns!
When you fall into a bad old pattern which isn't serving you anymore, don't feel bad about it, just take that moment to thank God for your conscious awareness of how you are in a pattern you wish to break, and embrace that moment as a moment to learn from!
Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:44 am

thanks Deb! i am definately trying to break those bad patterns! i am wondering if something is going on though...as far as the blood tests go, it's not just about my weight, but i have been feeling really tired for quite a long time now and it just doesn't seem like it is normal to be so tired that i actually can fall asleep in the afternoon...and i mean EVERYDAY i feel like this, not just once in a while. so i'm not sure, maybe i just suffer from having a very active five year old! :lol:

anyway, all i can do is keep trying, right? cause i definately can't just keep eating mindlessly and dieting is out of the question....just gotta get back on that wagon! tomorrow is a new day. :wink:

thanks so much for your encouragement...it really means a lot to me. :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:23 am

ok, i am back...i have been sick all week, need i say more...add that to my previous indiscretions and there you have it... :evil:

but i will get back on track with eating tomorrow and wait a few more days on the exercise as i still have a wicked cough...hopefully it will go away soon.

well, here's to jumping back on the wagon...hhhmmm...maybe i should nail my rear there so i quit falling off....! :P
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:40 am

Tricia!!!
You just keep on plugging!!! :wink:
I think, overall, you have been changing your habits a little more every day, even with the failed attempts included!
The fact that you aren't giving up is that "nail" in your pants which will keep you on the road to success!!!!
Hope you are feeling better, being sick sucks!!!! :evil:
I am so glad that I have basically not had any illnesses this whole Winter!
Wow..

Hugs and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:38 am

this is the first time in quite a while that i have gotten sick...not bad once you consider that i spend three days a week with 12 preschoolers!! :shock: Even my preschooler has done pretty well this winter...my 13 yr old daughter is a different story...at this moment she is sharing my pain, poor girl...

thanks Deb for your neverending encouragement...i feel like i should be paying you for time on your "couch"... :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:00 am

I accept mastercard and visa! :wink:
Just no HMO's!

No prob Tricia!
I want us all to succeed!!!!!
Woo hoo!!!!!

Love,
Dr. Deb :lol:

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:32 am

well, i am still off track...still getting over being sick and now my kids have the stomach flu or something....**sigh**

going to try to get on track tomorrow, we will see....think i will try to head to the gym as i am feeling better enough to do some weights at least.
***GRINS***
Tricia

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:14 pm

focus on getting better. you're on sdays, so don't sweat it.

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:24 pm

ok, i am mostly over my cold...still have a few coughing spells a day, but much better than it has been....three of my kids had the stomach flu last week (and on thier spring break, poor things) and now hubby has it...so i have been busy taking care of everyone else and have still not been able to exercise...the kids are better now though, so tomorrow i plan to start it back up.

trying to get back on the No-S track here as well....today is so far a success with a little funny business this morning (1 coffeshop mocha while with friends for our usual Monday coffee hour...and a bite of a chocolate chip cookie that i brought home for my 5 yr old....this cookie is HUGE, so it is good that i didn't eat all of it! :P )

going to try to eat healthier this week with lots more veggies and fruits. hopefully i will be able to tame the sweets monster as i have been letting him roam pretty free for the last month. :lol: "no no! bad squishy!"

anyway, will report later on my day's progress....starting at day one again, but a least i'm not giving up! :roll:
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:28 am

Today: Success! :D

Ok, i did have a Kashi bar as a snack, but it is healthier than a candy bar and packed with fiber, so i don't feel too guilty...plus it was just one that i had laying around that i had bought cause i wanted to try it...not an everyday thing or anything like that...pretty sure i won't be buying any more.

didn't get in my exercise, but planning to catch up tomorrow with cardio....i did have my three meals though, and no sweets so YEAH!

maybe this is the beginning of a 21 day habit..??? we'll see. :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:24 pm

Oh man Tricia, so sorry about that stomach flu your family had..
That is definitely the worst possible way to be sick...
Ugh!!!!

I think when we are sick we just crave wellness, and really, most of our energy comes from food, so it's only natural to think that eating will somehow help us feel better (well that's how it is for me usually)
Now that you are feeling better, you will resume your exercise and good eating again!
Good going on not succumbing to a quick fix chocolate bar
(or chocolate pickle!)

So the Kashi bars were like sawdust flavored or something?
LOL...
Anyways..
Have a great day!
Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:23 pm

Thanks Deb. Yeah, i thought the Kashi bars would be more like granola bars or something...kinda like the cereal...but they were just like the other "power" bars or "diet" bars....not too bad, but definately not good enough to waste my taste buds on....the cereal is excellent though!

yes, it seems that when ever i get a cold, i just want to eat...luckily i didn't get the stomach flu..(crossed fingers :roll: )...but the stress of having all those sickies made me want to eat too...emotional eating i guess.

still, as bad as i have been, i only gained 1/2 a pound at weigh in last night...that is over the period of about three weeks, so not bad. just need to get on track and that will come off.

so far today has been ok, but i did have a "snack" of a small bowl of potato salad (my downfall) and a little mini bag of m&m's... :evil: but i am doing better, it could have been a two pound bag! :lol: anyway, it may take a little while to detox myself completely again, so i'm not beating myself up. just going to not eat again until dinner and not eat any more after that. I have church tonight, so that will help as i will not be around food and by the time i get home it will be bedtime.

Well, here's to a successful afternoon and evening! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:07 am

Wow!!! When I'm bad, I can gain half a pound at each meal!!!!

You did great girly!!!
Here's to better days ahead for all of us!

Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:26 pm

well, last week was not good. :roll: i am starting over today...again...i am just going to have to buckle down and be strict with myself until i get back into the good habits of noS....i have let all of my old bad habits creep back in and i have got to stop that! on the up side, hubby is thinking of doing noS with me, so maybe that will help. :D

well, here is to a successful N-day with no funny stuff! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:25 am

Today was a success! :D Had my three meals and no major snacks...that said, there was some funny business:

a healthy granola bar in the morning that i virtually plated with my breakfast (would have fit on breakfast plate but had it midmorning)...also after dinner i had an ice cream cone with choc ice cream, it was a small one...usually i pile a bowl full of ice cream and crush the cone up on top...but i switched it and just put a small amount of ice cream in the cone. so not bad considering how i have been eating lately.

anyway, hubby did good today! he stuck to the three meals and did well! and we bought a new scale since our other one was getting old.

so, all in all a good day! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri May 26, 2006 8:37 pm

ok, so i have had a ton of trouble the last few months and have fell off the noS wagon and have been left far behind! Just now caught up and am ready to jump back on! I have not really been doing anything except overeating and eating the wrong foods, and i have "tried" a diet or two but only to give up the same day...so here i am with tail tucked between legs once more...wow this is getting old! (my wayward attitude, not NoS :roll: ) I have actually GAINED weight...ggggrrrr....

Ok, so i plan to get back on track with food starting Monday, and i am planning to start my walking exercise this week too. some friends of mine have been wanting to walk so i think we will start our own little group of Lady Urban Rangers! :lol: My church has actually started a walking "group" and another freind of mine said that she is already losing inches! so i am definately motivated by this news.

well, anyhow, back at it again. :wink:
***GRINS***
Tricia

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat May 27, 2006 2:20 am

That walking group sounds like a lot of fun!
Dashiell Hammett

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sun May 28, 2006 4:28 am

Well, i have to count today as success! even though it is an S day, so i reallly can't "fail"...I stuck to my one plate of food at each meal...but i did have some treats, mainly fatty, buttery popcorn which for some reason i was craving today, weird. oh, also had a handful of M&M's and another smaller piece of candy...not bad considering that lately i have been scarfing ice cream by the bucketfulls...literally... :roll:

not sure what will happen tomorrow, probably try to keep to the food "rules" but may have a treat, not sure...kinda worried about Monday, i hope i can be strong and not fall into snacking and eating junk...it will be hard, but i will try my best.
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon May 29, 2006 1:14 am

Today was a success, considering it is an S day! :lol: Had my three meals with no seconds..yeah!

snacks were: more popcorn (what is it with me and popcorn! :roll: ) and a couple of Hershey's Milk Chocolate Nuggets. Dinner was probably a little more than i needed, but not feeling "stuffed" and it did fit comfortably on one plate...feels so good to be back to not eating seconds!

trying to get a lot of water in, and will start the walking this week, so far everything is looking good....tomorrow will be the real test! :shock:
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon May 29, 2006 2:12 am

Go for it!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue May 30, 2006 12:35 am

ok so i took an extra S day today... :oops: Technically i guess it is allowed, so i won't guilt myself to death over it....anyway, my meals were ok, it was just those durn extras...coffee with the girls this morning and i had a mocha AND a muffin..which i almost never do anymore...and then i took my two daughters to the movies today so i had some Goobers...other than that not too bad i guess...did have a little too much pizza at dinner though.....whew! i guess confession is good for the soul! :lol:

talked to my future walking buddy today and we are starting our walking on the 1st...i am SO looking forward to that as i think it will really help me a lot.

spirits are still high, but am a little apprehensive about my TOPS weigh in tomorrow night since i have really been on a gaining streak lately...well, maybe next week will be better since i will be well into NoS-ing by then! :D

so here's to tomorrow and a successful N day!!
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed May 31, 2006 3:33 am

well, today was a success for the most part...I did have a big bowl of popcorn as a snack or fourth meal or whatever... :P

B: 2 pc. toast w/natural peanut butter
Bowl of peaches w/1 teaspoon brown sugar & cinnimon
green tea

L: 2 peices of leftover homemade taco pizza w/lettuce

S: Popcorn... :roll:

D: 1 bowl of homemade chili w/cheese
tortilla chips

Not a bad day, considering...and i lost 1/2 pound at weigh in tonight, and i've only been back to this for a few days, and those were S days! :shock: starting the walking on Thursday, so we'll see how the week goes. So far, i'm definately encouraged. :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Wed May 31, 2006 4:24 am

Best of luck. I am starting over again tomorrow as well. Did great for my first 30 days and then fell off the wagon. We can do this because we have free will and we have only our choices to hold us back. Choices means we have control. I am psyched and it sounds like you are too!! Enjoy that walking and congratulations on the 1/2 lb weight loss.

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed May 31, 2006 12:32 pm

thanks Pangelsue! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:31 am

well, today was good for the most part..maybe not a total success but not bad. went out to eat with some freinds at a mexican restarant and couldn't resist the chips and salsa! yum! also shared an order of fried ice cream..big yum! :lol: the other thing was that i had some angel food cake with fresh strawberries and light whip cream...bad, but at least it wasn't chocolate cake with fudge frosting. i am cutting myself a little slack in the sweets department in that if i really want something, then ok, but i'm trying to make it lighter desserts instead of just mindlessly eating candy bars and junk.

anyway, not a bad day considering...and tomorrow night i start my walking! yeah! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:43 pm

ok, flunked out only half way through the day! :evil: Made the mistake of going grocery shopping while hungy, and ended up buying some Dove cookies...ate four of them in the car! :shock:

well, all i can do at this point is keep the rest of my day S-free. Going walking tonight! :D

So far today:

B: 2 pieces toast with butter/cinnimon/sprinkle of sugar
1 banana
green tea, plain

S: darn, 4 Dove cookies...

L: 1 Wendy's burger
fries
diet coke...not the best lunch, but oh well.

Will probably eat a baked potatoe with broccoli and a sprinkle of cheese for dinner....we'll see.
***GRINS***
Tricia

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:56 pm

Dove makes cookies? Shouldn't that be illegal? Tell us how the walking group goes!
Dashiell Hammett

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:07 am

yes, they should be illegal! they are evil! :twisted: But oh so good! :lol:
ended up not walking tonight as i had to go to the chiroprator today for a much needed adjustment and ended up a little sore....but i am so there tomorrow!
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:26 am

well, total failure today. :cry: Dove cookies and kettle corn got the best of me! but at least my meals were ok, no seconds.

well, tomorrow is another day! I am not giving up! :evil:
***GRINS***
Tricia

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:26 am

Today: Failure :cry:
Let stress get the better of me.... :roll:

Well, i will try to go walking for an hour in the mornings....then also will walk with my friends in the evening (great social time!), now that my days are a little free-er since my kids are out of school, etc.

well, tomorrow is another day, eh? :wink:
***GRINS***
Tricia

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:07 am

Stress can be a real deterent. Read Reinhard's response to my thread about stress in daily discussion. Really good advice.
Hang in there. One minute at a time if necessary. We are pulling for you. Just want it badly enough.
Weekend ahead.

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:43 pm

still here even though i haven't done well lately...The last week has been better though as far as snacking and meals go, though the sweets monkey is still on my back. :evil:

I have to attend a funeral tomorow, so this week i haven't worried about food, and i have been eating less anyway since i heard the bad news.

Haven't walked as much this last week, but that was mostly due to busyness, and the fact that i got a wicked sunburn at my yardsale last saturday..yikes, and here i am lecturing the kids about sunscreen :oops: . I will probably go walking tonight. I really do love it, it is good thinking time and i love the way i feel afterward.
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:25 pm

Hey Tricia, sorry about the funeral and bad week... :cry:
I had a horrible sunburn two weeks ago, and couldn't work, or really feel rested for at least three days... So bad! :shock:
Anyway... Heal up soon, and enjoy your weekend, then begin again on Monday!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:13 am

It's all about really wanting "it" and what the definition of "it" is. "IT" can be a candy bar or a pound weight loss or "it" can be a new smaller size dress or a feeling of control. We all have to define "it" and unfortunately "it" can also change from day to day. Monday night for me, "it" was a hot chocolate and Wednesday "it" was having a successful day. On that walk, maybe you can start redefining "it" for you. Is the sugary thing something you want more than anything else? Then have it and recognize and accept what it is important to you and don't beat yourself up over wanting it. When you are ready, the "it" will change.