a BEC program

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oolala53

a BEC program

Post by oolala53 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:40 am

A member of another "eating" group I belong to just started a program for binge eating disorder at a center in her native Netherlands. I was appalled to read (she is, too) that she is REQUIRED as part of the program (12 weeks, I think) to commit to their eating plan, which consists of eating six times a day with 1-3 pieces of bread, plus other food, at each event. (They insist on the blood sugar explanation.) She cannot replace the bread with whole grain or any other starch. And they tell the participants to use margarine! Because it's about "normalizing" eating, they tell people weight loss is not the issue, and not to expect it, which I actually think is good. But I would feel absolutely cruddy on that much and kind of food! They have a 30% success rate, which is actually pretty good, though disappointing. I feel for my online friend. I don't think this will solve her problems with food, though I hope I'm wrong. She deserves some peace on the issue, as we all do.

Eating only three times a day has been KEY to me to managing bingeing.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)