i am finally here..... and i feel..errrrrr.... quite lost!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

deeyala F

i am finally here..... and i feel..errrrrr.... quite lost!

Post by deeyala F » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:50 pm

finally made it. i've been busy and didnt even check my mail and when i finally did i was like "where did everyone go????".... i feel quite alienated in here... but then i'll get used to it
thx Rein for this new space, much nicer and more organized... but i only have a remark to put in: i liked the way the new topics drown out the old ones in the old group.. it felt like normal face-to-face convesation flow... now there will be like zillions of topics i'd check up simultaniously and some topics wouldnt get the attention they deserve simply because they dont have a catchy "subject title"....
that's about all
so i wouldnt be writing frequently because of my exams .....so until june 23rd i wouldnt be doing much other than studying... just didnt want to think i am off because i am against this new forum.. :?
good work Reinhard, and like Deb said the ones who joined are the real "active members" ...
oh one last personal news about my life: i had this wonderful guy propose to me.. really cute, tall (that's a necessity for me) :D 23 years old dentist -gonna-be (ahem in the next ten years or so) ADORABLE guy... :)
and i said NO :cry: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
because i absolutely hate his mother.. and he's mummy's little boy... please tell me i did the right thing cause i absolutely hate me now...!
it's just that i believe that every man is what his mother made him.. and if his mother is an awful person then somewhere inside him lurkes this awful person (eventhough i can't see it)... yes, i am as nasty as i sound..
anyway, no use crying over spilled milk.. it's not like i can go back and say yes..
thx everyone for listening
ps: i like this smiley thing
deeyala

gratefuldeb67

Re: i am finally here..... and i feel..errrrrr.... quite los

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:00 pm

Dee wrote:
"like Deb said the ones who joined are the real "active members" ..."

...No I didn't say that, and I would never say that.....
I merely "faux" threatened to kick peoples butts if they don't make the switch... And I'd have to have pretty long legs for that, considering most of my friends on this board live a safe 500 or 1000 plus miles away, and some are in other countries and continents... :P

I believe the "real active members" are, simply, the ones who do NoS, and they know who they are :wink: ..
Thanks,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sun May 01, 2005 12:39 pm

Welcome, Dee! Sorry you aren't crazy about the new forum... I think if you give it a while you'll like it better. One good feature that helps replicate the old, intimate "drown everything out" message flow is after you log in, you can click "view posts since last visit." That cuts across all topics.

The problem with the "drown everything out" was that it just wasn't possible to support many users posting much. Here, even with (so far) a much smaller group of users, we have many more posts a day, and it doesn't feel overwhelming. And boards using this technology can comfortably support thousands of users, so there's room to grow.

If anything in particular is confusing don't hesitate to email me or post to the help board. I'm determined to make you like it!