Scott's Daily Check-In Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

scottwblack

Scott's Daily Check-In Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Post by scottwblack » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:00 pm

After battling some demons and slaying some dragons, I have returned to the No S world, ready, willing and able to do things right.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:28 pm

Welcome back! I am definitely familiar with returning to No S, and I came back each time stronger than the last.. I think this time I am here to stay.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:39 pm

Hi Scott!
Continued best wishes and good luck!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:00 pm

Demons and dragons, huh! It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. Welcome back.

operababe

Post by operababe » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:17 pm

Hello Scott!

Just thought I'd chime in with the good wishes for you, letting you know we're all rooting for you!
It's time to make it beautiful.

scottwblack

Post by scottwblack » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:36 pm

Thanks all!

Day One: SUCCESS

I definitely overate during my three meals, but I'm trying to focus on not snacking, so I may have to eat more until I can eat less, if that makes any sense.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:05 pm

That's a good strategy Scott!
Over time, your body will adjust all on it's own (this might be months so be patient, it was for me) but then you feel fine with a much more normal amount of food...

I used to be able to eat three, and even sometimes four slices of pizza...
Two is just fine for me now..
Same for Chinese food..
I used to eat a whole appetizer, soup and whole portion of dinner (sized for two) and then still pick on my Sons leftovers..
That was when I was at my fattest..
I started NoS by packing the plates, probably for the first six or seven months, but then, totally naturally, my body didn't want that much, and now I would guess I eat probably thirty to forty percent less than I did at the outset....

If you need "snack" food, like chips, which I know I like to have at least once a week, include it in your meal, and then enjoy...

Have a nice day :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness