summer reads

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
Lili M

Post by Lili M » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:58 am

I'm very bored these days, so can someone suggest some good winter/holidays reading. I have read No 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series by Alexander McCall Smith and someone suggested reading A Song of Ice and Fire series (A Game of Thrones). But I think It will be too heavy for me.

Grammy G

winter reads

Post by Grammy G » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:23 am

I just had a great time rereading all..yep..ALL the posts on this site. We really had a great thing going! There are still a few books I want to read for the suggestions here.
I am still a reader and still on the prowl for good books. Looking forward to suggestions.
If you are a reader and haven't been to this topic..go back to the beginning and be ready to take notes. There are so many great suggestions here.
Let's see if we can get together some reading for snowy days!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:28 am

I have been reading A Gentleman in Moscow. I was lead to believe it was a Bond like novel. Not really, but the main character, Alexander Ilyich is a protagonist I like, and the book has had no major antagonist other than the nameless Bolsheviks/Communists. The book spans about 40 years.

If you get a chance, enjoy.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79