Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prepare to go clothes shopping.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in")
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CypressOne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Prepare to go clothes shopping. Reply with quote

I don’t often (read: never) post testimonials/reviews of things. But since this site has been so generously free with not only content, but information, I felt it was only right to contribute.

I started “No S” a year ago when my clothes were getting TIGHT. Like hard to breathe tight. I was confused, because I thought I was doing the “right” thing. Working out (hard, very high impact) 3x a week, and “clean” eating. I was a lifetime “skinny” person, so I had never had to lose weight before. The only thing I could think of was the amount of snacking I was doing, and the fact that I had a big ole sweet tooth. A google later, I found this site—and so it began. What I loved—the process was easy to understand, I didn’t feel deprived (ok, the first two weeks were somewhat torturous), and the results were like—BAM.

I mean within a few weeks my clothes were looser. But I KEPT LOSING. I’m not saying this is a bad thing, it just caught me by surprise HOW MUCH I was eating in-between meals. Add this to the fact that a foot injury put me off exercise for 6 months. So without even working out, I lost a total of around 12 pounds over a moderate period of time (I’d say 6-8 months). Now on my body frame, 12 pounds is noticeable. I now weigh what I did in high school. To me, “No-S” is less a diet and more a lifestyle. I’m thrilled with it, to be honest. It can be, however, quite polarizing when I tried talking about it. People started asking what was going on, and when I told them, their immediate reaction was concern, not support. So now I just don’t say anything. When people say, “you’ve lost weight.” I just go, “really?!” and change the subject. Even when people want to know what I’m doing, they rarely believe me. I’m not sure why this is, but it’s a shame.

So now, my weight is more manageable, my exercise regime is much kinder to my body. Even with just dropping 12 pounds, I’m more alert and I don’t get as tired in the afternoon (maybe because my lunch is a normal portion size?). Next time you’re in the gym, pick up a 12 pound dumbbell, that’s not an insignificant amount to be carrying around. Any decrease helps the bones, joints, etc.

So thanks, No S! The benefits of this lifestyle is you get a body for life. The downside? Those clothes I wanted to be looser became WAY too big on me anyways ;) time to shop!
hhenders

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your story!! Smile
Kittson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved reading this! Congrats on your success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in") All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: