Debbies 21 days NoS refresher course!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Debbies 21 days NoS refresher course!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:46 pm

Hi Guys!
I've been fairly down for the past few weeks due to illness, and gaining back some weight...
I know my habits are starting to show some signs of structural weakness, and some old ones have been trying to reassert themselves..
I need to squash them like a bug!!!
This will be where I just keep track of three things...
As I wrote on my regular checkin, my thread is too organic and cluttered and bloggy to really just keep track, in a linear way (especially because so many wonderful people write me and I like to post so much, it just gets confusing...)
So If you feel like writing about anything you see here, just write me back on my regular thread, so I can keep this area very clear and simple...
My personal goal for this year is to lose anywhere between 20 and 30 more pounds and lose around five inches from my waist, and around 2 or 3 three from my arms...
Okay! Here I go!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

gratefuldeb67

Days 1 & 2.... Success!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:51 pm

Sat/Sunday Days 1 & 2 Success
NoS: S days :wink:
Exercise: none, sick with respiratory infection. :roll:
PM Eating: Still ate a little fruit last night :evil: tonight there will be none of that! :!:

S day treats... A few squares of Godiva Chocolate and Carmel.. :)
(PS... Nathan, Hersheys actually tastes better! LOL! :lol: )

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:59 pm

Addendum to day 2...
Ate seconds again at dinner, but didn't night time eat...
I'm still counting it on my 21 days though, simply because of a "technical" success.. I truly will try to make today better!

Day 3 Success!!!

Comp is up at home again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woo woo!!!!
I need this... Thank goodness!
Have a good evening all :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:56 pm

Day 4

Going really strong today, and even got in a nice bit of walking from my new job..

Looks like this will be a winner..
I'll correct anything if anything goes wrong in the evening, but for now I am very optimistic!

Success!!!
I'm very happy to be back on track!!!

I did eat like eight pickles tonight though... that's pretty weird and I'm really thirsty now!
I'm still counting today as a good day though.. I mean they weren't chocolate covered pickles! (whoa, that sounds vile!)
Yeah they are like snacks, but they have zero calories... I don't do this all the time..
I'm going through a pickle phase I'll have to grow out of..
(Or develop hypertension!!)
See you all tomorrow :)

gratefuldeb67

Day 5........... Success??? Methinks it's gonna be a Yes!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:17 pm

Last night there was *NO* night time eating of any sort, clementine, picklefest, or otherwise!!!!!!!

(Maybe those eight pickles were a good preemptive strike, I mean there really wasn't any room in my stomach for much else, and all I wanted to do all night was guzzle water!!! LOL)

I feel totally back in control!!!!

I am really hoping to get finished with this chest thing so I can get back to Yoga, which I really miss, but I'm totally tired... I can't even *think* of exercising without being tired now, which really means I'm not ready...
Will post my impending success later tonight!
Yay, my outlook is good again!

Peace!
8) Deb

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:57 pm

"this chest thing..."

What, you gettin' a boob job?
(kidding...)

Get better soon, eh?
Simon
"Hickory Hand of the North"

gratefuldeb67

Day 5, still alive!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:58 pm

Heh heh heh!

Nope, Hickory hand, I don't need one of those!
LOL...

It's just good old boring chest congestion I was referring to...
Very very boring!

I am going to try out this Horehound stuff tomorrow!
The name is too intriguing not to love it!
LOL..

I just called my friend at his store, since I forgot to go visit him to get the stuff, and when he picked up the phone I said,,,

"Excuse me... Do you make Horehound Housecalls?"
LOL!!!

That would be a great name for a homeopathic, perverted cold medicine!

I'm actually so relieved that it's not strep, that my cold will probably get better very soon just from the lessened stress levels from worrying...

And Richie is getting better too, so by next week I think we will be up and running! And I'll be downward dogging and horehounding..
And all that......

Okay back to business...
Today was a

success

and we even went to buy some fruit at a wonderful small produce store, as opposed to caving in to a bad bad urge for some cocacola... Richard said "Let's just wait till an S day"! God bless him!!!
Instead we came back with a grapefruit, an apple, and a nice red bell pepper...
That's my planned dessert tonight :)
See you tomorrow Simon and all the rest of yalls...
Have a great night!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:05 pm

Day Six: So far a Success!

I will make any changes if I mess up at dinner, or in the evening when I should be sleeping...

But I WON'T!!! :twisted:
Even resisted the soda fountain today and an urge to make a chocolate egg cream!

I had plain seltzer instead....
How boring! :lol:
But I am proud I didn't cave in! :D
I am calling on the inner NoS drill sgt. in me and know that Reinhard is watching me like a hawk, so I don't want to have him catch me drinking unapproved egg creams... LOL...

gratefuldeb67

Day 7 success

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:43 pm

Today: Day 7 Success!!! :lol:
Wow that was easy and fast!
Read on to see why! LOL...

This is getting bloggy after all!
See! I just can't handle too much structure before I go nuts from the confinement of it all!
This is why NoS works for me.. It's not a micromanaging diet!

Well I'm actually trading an S day today, because we were sick when Richie had his tenth birthday, and I was too poor at the time to afford to go out for a nice dinner..
He suggested that we go to our favorite Chinese Buffet tonight to celebrate, and so I'm switching today, for either Sat or Sunday..
Probably will switch for Saturday and space them out....
I'm sure it will be a lot of food tonight, but even though I'm calling it an S day, I'm still not going to indulge in dessert... Maybe I'll have one Coke...
Okay! So today is a success by S day default, but I'm not going to graze or anything all day.. Just have a really great night out with Richie!
Cool!
Have a great weekend all!
This first week went great!
I did have about four moments of serious impulse control I had to call upon, but it was really only because I committed to this 21 days again, that I really stuck to my guns and was able to get past those impulses...
Yay!!!
See you tomorrow :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:17 pm

Well back from our dinner craziness at that buffet!
Richie was so wonderful... He kept asking if I was enjoying our evening out, and saying how much he is happy I'm enjoying the meal..
He comes home from school and asks me "So did you have a good day?" and in the morning, he usually asks me "So, how did you sleep?"...
Awwwww!!!!! LOL...
What a guy!!!
I swear, I don't know what I did to deserve such a shining light of deliciousness!!!
He is just my favorite person!

But as regards the buffet.. I only have six words to describe it,,,,,,

Oy vey! Pass the alka seltzer!!!! :shock:
Next time we have the urge to splurge, I elect to go to a great Italian restaurant or seafood place and just have one really nice entree and one really nice dessert...
I ate way too much! LOL...
Oysters, multiple plates of king crab legs, and various (so so) Chinese dishes..
I ended up having some ice cream with caramel sauce and strawberry sauce too..
LOL..

So tomorrow will be an N day for me...

Have a great evening all!
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:52 pm

Silly me! Thinking I could do N days on the weekend!
LOL..

Well actually, Saturday was an S day, but a moderate one... No big spluges... Just some ice cream in the evening..

But Sunday was supposed to be an N day, since Friday was that over the top buffet gorgefest (bleh!!! not doing that anymore! Even Richie agreed that we should just go to a good restaurant and have a nice entree each next time we want to splurge..)
However, after a full day of being really on plan with NoS, by late evening, the remaining chocolate haagen daaz beckoned! :twisted:
I had about a cup of ice cream in the wee hours (bad bad bad!!!!)

But considering I did ninety minutes of Yoga that morning, I think it might have balanced out... (rationalizing!!!! LOL..)
So, on a technicality, since it still was Sunday, I am in the clear.. But just by a thread!

I'll count the weekend as a Success!

I let Richard eat the rest of the ice cream for breakfast!
I know, I'm bad.. But I never do that and I just wanted the rest of it gone~
You should have seen the light of happiness in his eyes when I said he could have strawberry and chocolate ice cream for breakfast! LOL...
It was hilarious!
He was smiling from ear to ear and his eyes opened up really wide in surprise! LOL..

Back to sanity this week (and unfortunately pms.. but oh well! Grrrr...)
So today is the beginning of day 10!
Here we go!
Have a nice one all! See you tonight :wink:
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:43 am

Day 10: Success :)

I did have a few spoonfuls of leftover chili from Richards plate (I know! How pathetic is that! LOL..)
but otherwise it was a great NoS day..
I also did two massages and am very very pooped now!

I actually can't wait to get to 21 days and weigh in.. I think I'll really be in for a good surprise!
Hee hee!

No matter what, I'm really happy and proud of myself for kicking my ass!!!
Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Also, for the next two days I'll be pretty busy and crazy, so I'll probably post at the end of the week.. Also, this Thursday will be an S day for Richie and I because of our families Passover Seder...
But I'm still going to try to not to go totally beserk! :wink:

Simon

Post by Simon » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:46 am

Congratulations Deb.

We'll all be there with you to celebrate day 21!

Sure would suck if Day 21 ends up being an N-day; then we'll all sit back and have a big ol' glass of water in your honour.

Whoop-di-freakin'-do!!
:wink:
Simon
"Hickory Hand of the North"

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:33 pm

Thanks Simon!! Nope, I'll be finishing my three weeks on habit on a blessed Sunday!
Beers on me!!! LOL.. :twisted:

Well, as Reinhard, my hero, would say, I am going to post something now which is serious funny stuff, "just to keep myself accountable" and be honest with myself... I screwed up last night...

I caution all you guys *not* to follow my bad example, here as I'm still going to give myself a success rating for yesterday since it was 90 percent a good day.. I'd rather make it to 21 days, even with a tiny blotch here and there, than start over.. That just would irritate me! But I'm posting it, so please let this be my "Penance"~ LOL..

As you know, I had a chest infection for thee weeks.. I developed a nasty cough.. Well the infection is gone, but possibly due to Spring stuff, the congestion is taking a long time to clear..
I went to bed around 10:20 and then proceeded to have a dry hacking cough till 11:30 while laying in bed trying to fall asleep...
I finally got up and took out the bottle of Robitussin and took some horehound drops too...
Sadly, in this frustrated state (I hate not being able to fall alseep! And I was soooo tired too.) I raided the fridge and had about four small slices of ham...

The devil made me do it! Really!!! :evil:

Anyway, back to a good day today! :wink:
I'll be super busy for a few days...
Have fun people!
Love,
8) Deb

pangelsue

Hang in there baby!

Post by pangelsue » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:15 am

You are doing great Deb. Give yourself a chance to heal. You are saying how tired and stressed your body is. It might need a little extra for mending itself. Move onward ever onward. That Richie sounds awesome. You must be very proud.

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:02 pm

Hola Madame Deborah!
Had to pop in and say hullo...

Hope you're feeling better. Glad to see you're still going strong with NoS...can't beee-lieeeve you've lost 30 pounds--that's fantastic!

Anyway, catch you later. Potater.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:23 pm

Hi Sue! Thanks alot for your care and love!
I'm feeling way better today, so it's definitely just a little hayfever or something (plus the dreaded pms!)
Blondie!!!!!
Hey girl!!!
How ya been?

Thanks for dropping in on me!
How's jogging these days?

Well gotta run to my families Seder now..
I finally lost my connection for good at home (darn poverty stinks!)
So I definitely will only be able to check NoS sporadically..
Rah!
But yesterday was just fine! Total success! And today I am not going to take as an S day, even though it's Passover..
(Well that's my plan..)
I am allowing myself to have two courses, as there will probably be some soup or salad before the main meal.. Then I'm having one plate of a little of everything and no seconds! And I'm going to veer clear of any sweets and such.. I know I can still take this as an S day, if there's something totally irresistable, but I just want to lose weight soooo badly that I'm gonna see if I can do Passover NoS style first :)

Well all my friends,
On Day 13 of Success! I wish to say,,,,,

Let my people go!!!!!!! :lol:

God Bless you all, as we are all Gods Children! :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

pangelsue

sweet success

Post by pangelsue » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:37 am

You are doing it woman! The weight loss will come and with it will come renewed drive and dedication. I am happy for you. It sounded like a struggle there for a while but you are staying positive and focused and that is all you can do. My daughter reminded me today of a famous quote from a Zen master. Someone asked him what his life was like since enlightenment. He said before enlightenment, I chopped wood and carried water. After enlightenment, I chopped wood and carried water. What happens to us in life is ultimately the same except for how we perceive it. You are living yours with a positive attitude and encouraging others to do the same! Great job. Only good things can follow.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:29 pm

All of life is a projection of what and how we see it...
Thanks Sue for your vote of support and great Zen quote!

Play like your hair is on fire!!!!!!!
(Another Zen Buddhist quote.. LOL)

I actually can't wait to weigh in next weekend!
So, yesterday was a success, albeit there was some virtual plating deals going on...
I know it was still Passover, but one S day is enough for me, not two..
I spread out my meals and had a very very late dinner, which almost seemed to be a fourth meal, but then when I thought about it... My breakfast was split up into two sittings, but was one meal...
I had cereal, a piece of Jarlsberg, and a slice of watermelon for breakfast, then a baked potato with cheese and bacon bits from Wendy's and a small cup of chili for lunch (all on a plate!) and then I had two pieces of gefilte fish with horseradish sauce for late dinner...

Today is day 15!!!
Success!!!

Have a glorious weekend all!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:41 pm

Hi guys... Lack of computer at home has made posting a bit erratic..
I feel a little bad because I'm losing touch with some of you guys somewhat...
Just know I am with you spiritually!

Anyway...
Sunday, Day 16, Success!!!! Yay!!!Today is crazy busy, so probably won't post again till tomorrow evening..
It's going good so far, and I am really looking forward to reaching my 21 days!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Monday was a success and today is going really strong, so I will count it as a success too, and if need be, but I won't need to, I'll ammend it tomorrow if I goof up at all...

Therefore that brings my count to Day 18!!!!!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:32 pm

Day 19 (Wed) was a Success!!!!!
Today I expect no less!!!!

I even managed not to eat Richards few leftover spoonfuls of McDonalds Hot fudge sundae he came home with yesterday after a day with my Mom at the Bronx Zoo!!!
I am proud of my self control!!!!

See you all later!
Have a great day all!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:43 am

Well guys! I made it to 19 good days on habit...
I had a cave in tonight, which can't be explained away as "funny stuff"...
It was a definite S....

I had a good humor chipwich ice cream sandwitch...
I wouldn't have, but I really had a big scare this afternoon with Richard..
He was playing at the park and this kid whomped him in the eye with a baseball... Kid can pitch at about 60 mph!!! Who would have guessed as this guy is half Richards height and about 50 lbs or maybe 60!
LOL..

So after we called the paramedics from the fire department right on the other side of the park, and got him checked, they all agreed that we should just keep ice on it for the afternoon, and just watch for the next four hours for signs of concussion...

He was just miserable and I was so upset and sad for him too, since he has a major shiner and had a nice nose bleed to boot...
When the ice cream truck rang the bell outside out place, I just saw no reason not to get some nice soothing chipwitch bars for both of us!

Meanwhile, the rest of the day was great!!!
I'm satisfied with 19 good days on habit!
So I'm stopping now and fine with that....

I feel really happy about these last three weeks and really appreciate all your support guys, especially people who wrote me!!!
I am glad to be part of this wonderful group~

Have a great night all!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:18 am

I have to say that in my opinion, any kind of stress that has to do with our kids is definate cause for a guilt-less S day!! :wink: My oldest has to have surgery this summer and i am bringing in the ice cream! :lol:

hope your guy is feeling better!
Big hugs to both of you. :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:17 pm

Well thanks Tricia! On one hand I agree with you, but on the other hand, I am shooting for really really strict adherence of the S days rules...
It was an S day for him, as he was hurt, but stress happens to me all the time and if I start blaming stress for reasons to call N days S days, I'm going to set myself up for a lot of blurry, undefined days....

Still, as I said before, I'm not unhappy with 19 days, and today is an N day, but my successive successful days ended on Wednesday for me in this 21 day attempt!
It's fine!

I'd rather say I screwed up and not mess with the simple and clear cut rules...
It's more honest with myself and doesn't mess the habit part up then...

Have a great day Tricia!!!
Thanks for your support...
I'll post a picture of Richie and his shiner in a few more days on my thread.. LOL...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon May 08, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi there :)
I'm posting my 21 days on habit for NoS and Exercise here!
See you in 21 days!
If you want to write me, please write on my normal checkin thread so I can just keep this as straightforward as possible... Almost like M Stevens page! LOL...

Starting today: Weight 207

Day 1

NoS:
SG/Yoga:
SR:

Will fill in later tonight or tomorrow :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
ps.. SR is "Suburban Ranger" LOL...

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue May 09, 2006 1:38 pm

Hi! Yesterday was a good day but not a success by my terms...
I am *still* waiting for my period (it's five days late now) and am totally dragging.. So I didn't exercise... But I did set up some furniture and my stereo! LOL..
Also, at dinner, I ate the last little piece of cherry pie from the weekend with Richard... It was only about three inches by three inches, but it was definitely an S, so today it's gone and I'm starting over...
Richard is home with a cold.. I'm going to postpone my walking, yet again, till both of us are better... It's just not happening while he's home...
Oh well!!!
Let's see how today goes... I'm not buying any cherry pie or any other S till the weekend so I'm sure at least NoS will be fine...

Until Richard is better I'm going to hold off on the 21 day goal, but I am definitely feeling good about NoS and will try this again very soon!
Stay tuned!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed May 10, 2006 5:43 pm

I let myself slide again, yesterday, for some rice pudding on *Richards* S day... Oh and half a can of spicy middle eastern style pickles! LOL....
Now he has no cold and I'm over my strep!
Still have major pms and no period though!!! This is driving me completely mental...
But no excuses to break rules today!
I'll see you guys later :)
Have a beautiful day all!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Day One Success!!!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:52 pm

Hi all!
Well today was flawless!
I still haven't gotten my period and talked with a friend who has a health food/vitamin store... He told me it's most likely stress, which I was pretty sure of before we talked, and he told me that his Sister had a year in her thirties when she stopped having periods for like 8 months.. She then tried this herb he gave her, which is one which is a Traditional Chinese Medicine remedy, and it came back soon thereafter...
So I'm trying it out today...
It's called Dong Quai

Do *not* ask me what it is made of!
LOL...

It smells kind of like a combination of turds and expired fake bacon bits...
So it must be good!

I had dinner already, but today I had absolutely no fruits at all, so before we go home from here (library) I'm going to stop and buy a grapefruit or a mango as a nice evening dessert... Virtual plating, but also virtuous food..
I'm not worried and still will count today as:

Day 1 of NoS Success!!!
Other than a 90 minute massage today, I didn't do any exercise, but I'm just kind of walking around in a major coma/funk due to this weird extended pms...
Well have a great night all!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
I will definitely start exercising soon, most probably tomorrow!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu May 11, 2006 1:49 pm

Okay,,, the day was a success, but at night I got up and ate a bunch of tuna and pasta salad...
I feel really upset that I did that.. I still haven't gotten my period and wonder if it's just not gonna come this month... but all the pms stuff is still around... meaning bloating, and tiredness and cravings.. And I feel so stiff and achey in my abdomen and low back that bending down to pick something off the floor takes major effort! This is totally lame!!!
Well, I'm still doing my best for now... I also feel really lost without the regularity of my cycle...
Fortunately the Dong Quai seems to have helped my irritability... I think (accent on think, but I'm not sure) that I'm going to try out a couple of days on the lemonade cleanse... I'm holding alot of water weight right now and feel totally bogged down by it... But I'm not totally cutting out food.. I'm just going to have the lemonade in place of a few meals a day, and then have a nice giant salad for dinner with protein...
Also, even though it's dark out, I'm going to go for a walk later with Richard... It's less lonely that way...
I might not post for a while guys, because frankly, I'm tired of talking about all this for now... It's frustrating me... But I'm really going to do my best to keep on track!
Wish me luck and lots of love to all!
Peace,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:45 pm

Here's where I'll post my success/failure for the time being...
My goal is to do one week at a time, and see how far it takes me...
On Wednesdays, I have my "night out" at a Blues Jam and it's going to be a bit tough, but I will reprogram myself to drink unsweetened iced tea or seltzer with a spash of juice and lime instead of soda and beers...
But if it's really a hot one, I know a beer is "legal", not that I really feel good when I drink, but once in a while, it's okay...

Also, I slipped right back into eating at night (Darn!!!!!)
So that will be a biggie to nip in the bud!!!

I feel ready to succeed!!!
Bikini, here I come!!!

Okay henceforth I will check in here the following morning to report the success failure, and blog away on my regular checkin thread..
As well, my personal prerequisite for a total success, is that it includes some form of exercise for a minimum of 14 minutes!

I appreciate any replys at the other thread to keep this one neat :)
Have a great day all!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:44 pm

Wednesday, July 5th
(Day 1)

Success!!!
NoS :mrgreen:
Exercise :wink:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:12 am

Day 2
Success!!!!!!!

NoS :P
Exercise 8)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:36 pm

Day 3 (Friday) Success!!!
Exercise: 2 hours of washing dishes in my hellhole kitchen... Whew!!! :lol:

Days 4 and 5
Auto Successes!!!
Ha ha ha!!!

Have a great weekend peeps!
Love and Peace,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:53 pm

Hi guys!
I messed up a little yesterday, so it wasn't a total success..
It was, until dinner time,when I had a bit too much food, in the form of a second course, and then I was really upset in the middle of the night about a love interest I am suffering over, and ended up eating about a cup of doritos at about 2 am..

Well better luck today...

I did do a great walk yesterday though, around Kings Point park.. That had to be approximately 1.7 miles, perhaps more?

Anyway..
I'm still happy about my renewed efforts and this pretty much is in keeping with my expected success/messup rates...
Even three good N days and 2 S days and 1 75% day is better than not trying at all..

Have a great day friends!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:50 pm

So, I'm starting day six today, after not really winning Success status completely yesterday..
Rather than restart, I am just considering it a minor blunder..

Incidentally, I felt much less bloated in the middle this morning, so I just measured my waist now and I am down a full half an inch since I have been back on plan.. And that's with two S days and a so so partially successful day yesterday! Took three different measurements, and didn't tug or pull, and each time it was the same..
37"!!!
Yay!!! :D

I look forward to the future when I see something like 32!
That will rock!!!!

I think that good walk yesterday really helped! Plus I drank much more water than I have been recently..

But most of all, I know it's because I'm getting back on the NoS Saddle!!!
Yay!!!!
This is a great feeling!!!!!

Will post here tomorrow and continue on my 21 day quest!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

This path is my life

Post by This path is my life » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:59 pm

Deb,

I'm glad that you're feeling good, don't worry about yesterday's slight mishap, it's tomorrow and the next day and the next day that matter. You're doing great. I wanted to thank you for all your positive words since I've been with No-S (including lurking time about 7 months now). Your encouragment has really brightened my day when I've needed it most and I'm sure you've done the same for other people too, so thanks for being such an awesome person, I'm sure that you'll meet all your no-s and other life goals too if you just stick with it like you've been doing!! Have a great day!
"There is no such thing as a bad choice, there is only the next choice"

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:30 am

Day 6: Success :)

Meditation :wink:

Peace all
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:40 am

Day 7: Success!!!

NoS :wink:
Exercise: :oops:

It was a long day, and I was really dying for some chocolate, but I didn't have any.. And I didn't have soda at the bar tonight..
Had a peach and coffee for breakfast, followed by a bowl of kashi shredded wheat (which is excellent incidentally) and for late lunch I had one dumpling, and two spare ribs, and another cup of coffee.. Then I had about 2 pieces of celery and bleu cheese and about three buffalo wings and a pint of Red Hook beer at the jam..
I took the rest of the wings and celery home and will have it for lunch tomorrow..

I am really proud of myself!!!
And tomorrow my teacher Larry comes back from California to resume Yoga classes!!! I missed him this week :)

Goodnight..
Love,
8) Deb

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:32 pm

Congratulations on all the successes. You are back on the road, ma'am. Keep on keepin' on and enjoy your yoga. You sound happy and motivated.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:58 am

Thanks Sue!
Hope you are hitting your home runs too!

Love,
Deb....

today was a mixed success :D /failure! :evil:
Like Yin and Yang!
LOL.. :lol:

I hardly ate anything all day, because I was busy, and then by evening
I caved in and had a slurpee from 7 Eleven...

Oh well! Could have been worse!

Also, I did a 90 minute hardcore-kickass-sweat my body limber Yoga session today with LARRY!!!

It felt great!

Well have a great day all!
Just a little less than 24 hours till S days :)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:25 pm

mmmmmmmmmm........Sssllluuuurrrrppppeeessss! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."